PDA

View Full Version : Mark Teixeira

whitesox901
06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Just curious, If the Braves dont resign him, or if he's traded from Atlanta and the team he goes to dosn't sign him. Any chance the Sox would be in the race for him? If we dont get Thome back next year weather its contract for other reasons, could we DH Paul and try to get Mark? Or would he cost to much?

btrain929
06-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Just curious, If the Braves dont resign him, or if he's traded from Atlanta and the team he goes to dosn't sign him. Any chance the Sox would be in the race for him? If we dont get Thome back next year weather its contract for other reasons, could we DH Paul and try to get Mark? Or would he cost to much?

He's going to be looking for a mega super-duper contract. We did do the Albert Belle thing a while back, but I don't know. I personally would love it since he is young, a switch hitter (so mainly a lefty which we'll need if Thome is gone), etc. But isn't Boras his agent?

We do have a lot of money possibly coming off the books: Crede, Uribe, Thome, Contreras might be traded in the offseason in his final year of his deal, Konerko if he's traded, etc.

But I think we'll go the normal route and try to get a lot of smaller pieces as supposed to one huge piece.

06-26-2008, 12:05 PM

He's a Boras client so I highly doubt it.

whitesox901
06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
He's a Boras client so I highly doubt it.

that'll do it

kittle42
06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
You can't spend a dollar when you only have 50 cents.

Meixner007
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal reports Baltimore Orioles owner Peter Angelos has long coveted Atlanta Braves 1B Mark Teixeira, who could become a free agent after the season. Teixeira, a Severna Park, Md., native could be looking for an eight-year, $160 million deal.

Rocky Soprano
06-26-2008, 01:23 PM
If only there was a way to trade Konerko.
Buy out Thome.

Move Dye to DH, Sign Teixeira to play 1B.

palehozenychicty
06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm thinking the Orioles will go after him hard since he's a Maryland native. They've needed a first baseman for a long, long time. Angelos has the capital to do it as well, and the franchise needs some good publicity.

My take on Teixiera is this. He's very talented and athletic, but I've seen him take very weak stabs at first. He reminds me of Beltran some, who is also very gifted but doesn't have the overall cojones to be a cornerstone player. He just strikes me that way.

Paulie isn't agile by any means, but he plays hard and is clutch. If he can get those numbers up at the end of the year, we'll be okay with him until the contract expires.