PDA

View Full Version : IS USCF a wi-fi hotspot?

Law11
06-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if you can get the Internet from your seats.
I know, WATCH THE GAME PUT THE CPU AWAY!

A friend of mine went to a game at his local Minor league affiliate in Florida and they had it and got me curious.

Lorenzo Barcelo
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Have tried getting internet access via Iphone, but all the networks were locked.

Sockinchisox
06-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I get Wi-Fi on my phone there, I've never really used it other than once or twice but there's some networks called Uplink (Uplink5, Uplink10 etc..) and that worked.

infohawk
06-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I accessed the internet at the Cell last week using my IPod Touch. It worked beautifully.

Jaffar
06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if you can get the Internet from your seats.
I know, WATCH THE GAME PUT THE CPU AWAY!

A friend of mine went to a game at his local Minor league affiliate in Florida and they had it and got me curious.

If you do that how do you follow the game thread?!? :gulp:

DumpJerry
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
On top of the LF lights, there appears to be a WiFi antenna. I've thought of taking my laptop to the game to post live from the game, but realize there is a 95%+ chance of the laptop getting broken in the excitement of a Pablo Ozuna Grand Slam walk off in the 15th inning.

Also, it would be hard to follow the game if my nose is buried in my computer all the time.

SoxNation05
06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I accessed the internet at the Cell last week using my IPod Touch. It worked beautifully.
Me too. I have connected in my seats behind the first base dugout, the third base dugout, the LF bleachers and in the skybox.

mrfourni
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
post live from the game,

Would that be illegal to do without the express written consent of the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball?:smile: