PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox end road losing streak behind Buehrle 6/24 Postgame Thread

Sockinchisox
06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats to Buehrle on his 1,000th K.

I wonder how it looked.

cleanwsox
06-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Great game by Mark. He is really turning it on lately.

Also, big props to Wise. He's been a very pleasant surprise.

Lets go Padres, I want a 2 and 1/2 game lead.

Cuck the Fubs
A gem by Mark....way to bounce back from a miserable weekend, and get that 9 game road losing streak off our backs!

thomas35forever
Quick game that was roughly 2 hours and 5 minutes. I love when we can win games that way. Congrats to Mark on K # 1,000!:bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
I didn't know we were on a 9 game road losing streak.:scratch:

Oh well it's ovvaaaahhhhh now! Good pitched game by Buehrle.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-24-2008, 11:18 PM
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3699/whitesoxwinms8.jpg

Now all we have to do is hit/bunt and let JD get homeruns! :redneck

Blueprint1
Alright lets start a winning streak.

oeo
Quick game that was roughly 2 hours and 5 minutes.

Thanks, Buehrle. These 10:00 starts are no good.

06-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Buehrle was the right man for the task. Road losing streak ended and bouncing back from the sweep. Now with the right attitude lets hit a 6 game winning streak.

oeo
06-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Buehrle was the right man for the task. Road losing streak ended and bouncing back from the sweep. Now with the right attitude lets hit a 6 game winning streak.

Six? How about thirty?

Bucky F. Dent
06-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Thank God for some positive momentum.
Let's take the series, Boys!!!

Frankfan4life
Quick game that was roughly 2 hours and 5 minutes. I love when we can win games that way. Congrats to Mark on K # 1,000!:bandance:Short and SWEET!!!! Thanks Mark. We needed that one.

hi im skot
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/PDVD_024.jpg

cheezheadsoxfan
06-24-2008, 11:21 PM
The Buehrle we know and love is back. :bandance:
Nice win. Go Padres.

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
great job by buehrle tonight, now we just need to get jose back on track, and we will have everybody in our rotation pitching well at the same time. Also big props to dewayne wise, i like the little platoon situation we have going on with BA and wise while paulie is on the DL. I also loved our deffense tonight, especially the middle infielders, alexei and OC made some great plays. This was one of the better games we have played all around lately and it was off of a good pitcher, Lowe had been dealing lately. Now we just need the Padres to pull out this close game!!!

Shoeless_Jeff
06-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Vintage Buehrle. Great win. Congrats to him on his 1000 k's.

UofCSoxFan
06-24-2008, 11:25 PM
You know Dye is quietly putting up an All-star season. He's tied with TCQ for second in the AL in home runs and is hitting .297. I would imagine if the Sox get an outfielder in there it would be Quinten, but JD is making a pretty strong case himslef.

SoxandtheCityTee
Buerhle with the pitching and the thowing of the leather and JD with the huge HR. Nice, nice game.

soxfandy
i got the twins game ill keep everybody updated. bottom eight padres have a runner on first and are trying to bunt him over

scarsofthumper
06-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Score!

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:30 PM
he failed the bunt attemp but ended up with a single. Runners on first and second with no outs, bottom 8th, 1-1

cheezheadsoxfan
06-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Thought Rongey might have an easier night but the first caller is an idiot.

BadBobbyJenks
First caller of the post game show well uh Im going to say something controversial.

nodiggity59
I really feel like the Sox are on to something this year, despite their struggles. I dont know what's possible, but I would really like a CF who could lead off, and trade/bench Thome. I know it's tough to get rid of big Jim, but I believe in TCQ as a 3-4-5 guy, Dye has played well, and we're stuck with Konerko.

Anyone agree?

Sockinchisox
Michael Clarke Duncan was in the crowd tonight donning his Sox hat and rooting for them. :D:

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:34 PM
gerut failed bunt attempt and struck out, runers on first and second, 1 out

UofCSoxFan
06-24-2008, 11:35 PM
he failed the bunt attemp but ended up with a single. Runners on first and second with no outs, bottom 8th, 1-1

Get the bunt down....ugh.

Rdy2PlayBall
You know Dye is quietly putting up an All-star season. He's tied with TCQ for second in the AL in home runs and is hitting .297. I would imagine if the Sox get an outfielder in there it would be Quinten, but JD is making a pretty strong case himslef.If Quentin didn't go in a slump and suddenly stop being amazing... duh it'd be him the the All-Star game... but just look at JD, he is doing this stuff NOW, and probably would do better in the game. Though Quentin did do really good this game too. xD

soxfandy
man the padres suck...pop out...runners still on first and second, now 2 outs

hi im skot
I really feel like the Sox are on to something this year, despite their struggles. I dont know what's possible, but I would really like a CF who could lead off, and trade/bench Thome. I know it's tough to get rid of big Jim, but I believe in TCQ as a 3-4-5 guy, Dye has played well, and we're stuck with Konerko.

Anyone agree?

Gee, who would want to bear such a burden?

:rolleyes:

JB98
Buehrle was the right man to stop the madness of the road losing streak.

TheOldRoman
06-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Six? How about thirty?I like the cut of your jib.

Great game tonight. Buehrle dominated, the offense took the middle part of the game off, but then put it away with a big 8th. Let's keep it going tomorrow night. Hopefully Joe is healthy and ready to play.

hsnterprize
06-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Michael Clarke Duncan was in the crowd tonight donning his Sox hat and rooting for them. :D:Yep...he was with some lady, and he was wearing his Sox cap and smiling. Great to see some south side love in L.A.

Call me "flubsessed", but this win, an top of a Cub loss at home is really making me smile. Think about it...after this past weekend, you'd think the local media were having orgasms over the Cubs' sweep of the Sox. You'd think with all the hype, the Cubs would never lose a game at home, and the Sox would never recover. Well, the Cubs lost to Baltimore tonight, and the Sox beat the Dodgers in Cahvez Ravine...sweet!!!!!

Let's kep this up, boys. And personally...there'd be nothing finer than seeing the Sox sweep the Cubs this weekend, and seeing the local media have collective egg on its face for how it acted over this past weekend.

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
inning over....going to top of the ninth tied 1 to 1

UofCSoxFan
06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Reyes's head for the Twins barely fits in the picture box on ESPN Gamecast.

BadBobbyJenks
You hear that Buehrle bashers, you can all go eat a bad steak!

Blueprint1
Yep...he was with some lady, and he was wearing his Sox cap and smiling. Great to see some south side love in L.A.

Call me "flubsessed", but this win, an top of a Cub loss at home is really making me smile. Think about it...after this past weekend, you'd think the local media were having orgasms over the Cubs' sweep of the Sox. You'd think with all the hype, the Cubs would never lose a game at home, and the Sox would never recover. Well, the Cubs lost to Baltimore tonight, and the Sox beat the Dodgers in Cahvez Ravine...sweet!!!!!

Let's kep this up, boys. And personally...there'd be nothing finer than seeing the Sox sweep the Cubs this weekend, and seeing the local media have collective egg on its face for how it acted over this past weekend.

I can't wait for all this Sox vs Cubs stuff to be over next week.

UofCSoxFan
06-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I can't wait for all this Sox vs Cubs stuff to be over next week.

Over til October (I'll take it then).

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:45 PM
damnit the twins took the lead 2-1 and now nathan is gonna come in

soxfandy
06-24-2008, 11:46 PM
make that 3-1 on back to back hrs off of hoffman

SoxSpeed22
06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
There's our ace.
The offense missed some opportunities, but rebounded in the 8th. The defense was amazing and congrats to Buehrle for his 1,000th K.

Blueprint1
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Looks like a win for the Twins. When will they lose a game.

GAsoxfan
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
It looks like Buehrle has finally straightened things out. Over his last four starts he has 32.0 IP (8 in each) and has only given up 5 ER, giving him a 1.41 ERA.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Looks like a win for the Twins. When will they lose a game.I'm sure they were thinking the same thing when we had our streaks... One of them brough us into first, it's not like we were in first the whole season. :o:

voodoochile
06-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Nice win. I do like how this team shakes things off. They've had a couple of chances to really go into a funk and have refused to let themselves get down. Nice job being the stopper by Mark and a heck of a contribution from JD as usual.

Don't look now our 1-4 hitters are all hitting over .275 with 2 of them pushing .300...

:winner:

:supernana:

:)

Sidenote: Please don't turn post game threads into game threads for other teams even when those games directly affect the Sox. Start a separate thread in TB and update there.

kevingrt
06-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Burls being our number one starter and main stopper gotta love it! What a nice and gratifying win tonight!

ElmhurstMarcus
06-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Needed that one bad, and Mark is really on a roll right now. This series is setup for us to do really well. They've got a couple talented young guys pitching the next two days, but so do we and ours are more experienced. We should AT LEAST get 2 out of 3.

It's Dankerific
06-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Here's a nice little story about the game from dodger stadium.

I went to the game with 2 of my old friends from law school. one of them brought his little girl, about 3-4 years old. Well, shes quiet and shy and enjoying the game. When JD was up to bat she said she would like the ball. I told her that when JD hits the HR she can have the ball. Well, wouldnt you know that JD DID hit a homerun and it bounced back onto the field, the dodger player tossed it into the stands to a guy who was in the party of one of my friends (he got us tickets to the game as part of his law firms charity work). The whole bleachers is screaming for him to throw it back. I of course scream louder to give it to the little girl. She did end up getting the ball and it was nice to see her so happy. It was amusing because the last time i went with one of the buddies to a sox/dodger game I called a Big Frank shot to the bullpen. It was also amusing to see the dad call the ball a "derek lowe" ball =)

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2008, 01:10 AM
:indianslose

TIGERS TOO!!!

:bandance:

Well played, boys! Take the series and come home to bash the Cubs!

The mound is yours, Gavin!

delben91
06-25-2008, 04:54 AM
I'd just like to thank the Dodgers for being thoughtful enough to forfeit tonights game agasint the worst team to ever play the game of baseball in the history of the world.

You may now resume your panicking and gnashing of teeth on the way to an 0-86 finish.

Railsplitter
06-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Like, fer sure, Dude, the Sox beat the Dodgers. :bandance:

Law11
06-25-2008, 07:53 AM
I wanna thank Mark and Lowe for making this game fun and fast enough for me to stay awake. I used to have no issues with west coast games..
then a baby came.. Talk about wiped out, Im lucky to make it to 10:30 with the west coast games.

soxpride724
06-25-2008, 08:05 AM

TIGERS TOO!!!

:gulp:

palehozenychicty
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
A good win. I like how JD put the game away with the two-run shot, and then Wise's triple was icing on the cake. Burls dealt quickly, and we have a White Sox winner. If they can only get that clutch hitting consistently.......

balke
06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Burls being our number one starter and main stopper gotta love it! What a nice and gratifying win tonight!

What are you talking about? Buehrle is washed up and it was a mistake to resign him for 4 years. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

MsSoxVixen22
06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
That's a White Sox Winner! :bandance: Buehrle was back to being Buehrle and congrats on 1,000 K's! I loved the bunt Mark laid down too! I'm really liking D. Wise and what he brings to the team. I think he has good potential. If this were a video game, Dye's bat would literally be on fire! I was glad to see that other than Dye's blast, we got base hits. We can always rely on the long ball to score, but they're nice every once in awhile! :tongue: Go get 'em tonight Gavin!

Frontman
06-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Mark proved why many consider him the Sox ace. He set his mind to pitching a solid game, and sans the home run? Excellent performance. We needed him to take the ball and stop the slide; he did so in convincing fashion.

Now, the Sox need to take tonight's game, win the series; then get set to smack around some Cubbie blue on the Southside this weekend. If the can come back with a 3 game win streak going? Awesome.

veeter
06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Good old Mark. You can take that contact play and stick it, though.

RTI_SoxFan
06-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm still bothered by the fact that we had runners in 2nd and 3rd with NOBODY out and didn't get ONE run. NOT ONE! It's been happening all year and versus teams like the Dodgers, we can overcome it but against other teams that are playoff contenders, we can't let it continue or A.) no playoffs for us, or B.) we get swept.

Yes, it was great to win this one but the problems with this team were imminent yet again yesterday evening in LA.

Regardless, let's take this series and bash the Cubs.

johnnyg83
06-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm still bothered by the fact that we had runners in 2nd and 3rd with NOBODY out and didn't get ONE run.

I was bumming about that too. But that' was obviously a case of the no-DH rule making Alexei's no-out AB so crucial there. With Buehrle batting 3rd, you're sort of screwed as the #8 hitter isn't going to see any good pitches.

palehozenychicty
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm still bothered by the fact that we had runners in 2nd and 3rd with NOBODY out and didn't get ONE run. NOT ONE! It's been happening all year and versus teams like the Dodgers, we can overcome it but against other teams that are playoff contenders, we can't let it continue or A.) no playoffs for us, or B.) we get swept.

Yes, it was great to win this one but the problems with this team were imminent yet again yesterday evening in LA.

Regardless, let's take this series and bash the Cubs.

I want to give Lowe some credit, as he's a solid sinkerballer. I agree, though, this lack of fundamental hitting has been happening for far too long. Walkerball is safe for now, but it isn't going to get us a title in the postseason.

soxfan13
06-25-2008, 09:35 AM

TIGERS TOO!!!

Yeah but the team that is directly behind the Sox won.

TomBradley72
06-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Walkerball is safe for now, but it isn't going to get us a title in the postseason.

We're #3 in the AL in runs scored, #6 in Batting Average.

Over the past 30 days, we're #2 in runs scored and we're hitting .301 as a team...leading the league.

I can't blame Walker for our inconsistency....he's inherited a line up of hackers/free swingers w/very little "run manufacturing" capabilties. That might change if Wise turns out to be the real deal. Cabrera, Ramirez, Wise...looks very different than Cabrera, Uribe, Swisher that started the season.

palehozenychicty
06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
We're #3 in the AL in runs scored, #6 in Batting Average.

Over the past 30 days, we're #2 in runs scored and we're hitting .301 as a team...leading the league.

I can't blame Walker for our inconsistency....he's inherited a line up of hackers/free swingers w/very little "run manufacturing" capabilties. That might change if Wise turns out to be the real deal. Cabrera, Ramirez, Wise...looks very different than Cabrera, Uribe, Swisher that started the season.

I know he's not completely culpable, but it's just deeply frustrating to see it over and over again.

Yes, the stats all look good, but they've come in bunches.

TomBradley72
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I know he's not completely culpable, but it's just deeply frustrating to see it over and over again.

Yes, the stats all look good, but they've come in bunches.

I agree...IMO that's due to the make up of the roster, not Walker.

SoxGirl4Life
06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
It sounded like there was a LOT of Sox love in the stands last night.. I was drifting in and out of sleep with the TV on, but there seemed to be alot of positive reactions when the Sox were doing something good. It was so nice to hear.

delben91
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
It sounded like there was a LOT of Sox love in the stands last night.. I was drifting in and out of sleep with the TV on, but there seemed to be alot of positive reactions when the Sox were doing something good. It was so nice to hear.

Contrary to how on WSI, when the Sox do something good we all just bitch that it wasn't good enough? :cool:

It's Dankerific
06-25-2008, 01:58 PM

Contrary to how on WSI, when the Sox do something good we all just bitch that it wasn't good enough? :cool:

I think you guys just heard me screaming =)

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
You were probably screaming because BA didn't get any opportunities! To which, I am right with you. :wink:

SoxGirl4Life
06-25-2008, 04:21 PM

You represented very well! Hope you're gonna make it out there tonight too!

It's Dankerific
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
You were probably screaming because BA didn't get any opportunities! To which, I am right with you. :wink:

You represented very well! Hope you're gonna make it out there tonight too!

For sure. This time in the infield (I was in the RF bleachers last night). I'm going to try to have a talk to ozzie about BA... ;)

chisoxfanatic
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
For sure. This time in the infield (I was in the RF bleachers last night). I'm going to try to have a talk to ozzie about BA... ;)
Did a Sox fan catch JD's HR? :D:

Seriously, was that a thing of beauty or what???

UofCSoxFan
06-25-2008, 05:51 PM

I really, really, really hope you see Ozzie's logic for playing Wise right now. Outside of Dye, he's been our hottest hitter since coming up, and unlike BA, can actually steal a base. At the very least the two should platoon until Konerko comes back. Yes, in the long run BA is probably better than Wise, but they way they are playing right now it is not even close.

PS...cool story about the girl getting the homerun ball. I hope someone bought the fan that gave it to her a beer or a Dodger Dog.

It's Dankerific
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Did a Sox fan catch JD's HR? :D:

Seriously, was that a thing of beauty or what???

I really, really, really hope you see Ozzie's logic for playing Wise right now. Outside of Dye, he's been our hottest hitter since coming up, and unlike BA, can actually steal a base. At the very least the two should platoon until Konerko comes back. Yes, in the long run BA is probably better than Wise, but they way they are playing right now it is not even close.

PS...cool story about the girl getting the homerun ball. I hope someone bought the fan that gave it to her a beer or a Dodger Dog.

Chisoxfanatic: check out the story about the JD HR ball i posted earlier in the thread.

U of C: glad you read my story, i was beginning to think i was on everyone's ignore list. He was at the game for free, and a mariners fan anyways. it was the 8th inning so the beer was cutoff, the right field bleachers are all you can eat, so im sure he had plenty of dodger dogs. =)

I'm glad that Wise is doing well, he had a good game last night. It seems he matches up well to the low ball pitchers. (according to mlb 08 the show, left handers tend to do that! ha!)

I would say Im more focused on the long haul, not a few games. It seems crazy to me that the reason we had to sit through a bunch of april and may games with some of these guys floating at or below .200 was so that they could get regular at-bats. Whenever someone mentions that maybe BA needs regular ones too, it casted off as he's not doing enough with his opportunities. Like these other guys this season WERE?

I happen to think the team is better off giving BA regular time either letting him fail miserably so we can get rid of him or for him to flourish in time for october. When, I hate to keep mentioning it, his "one or two defensive plays" might make a BIG difference in a close october game.

I get playing the hot hand, I just hope that if Wise cools off for a game that BA then gets 3 straight games to get his game on.

The 15 DL of PK was a perfect time to give brian a little leash and let him rest easy he was going to play everyday without having to worry about getting a hit every at bat. Now, all the PK DL days have done is give us 15 days without PK, period.