PDA

View Full Version : Sox and My Space

soxwon
06-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if any Sox players have a myspace account?
who are they?

secondly who here actually is friends with any sox players?

DumpJerry
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Homefish is friends with all of them.:tongue:

rdwj
06-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I would hope they'd have better things to do

manders_01
06-24-2008, 09:04 PM
who are they?

I've never done a search for a Sox player but I was linked to a Rockies player page before. A fake page that is. There are several impersonator pages for Rockies' players. I would imagine the same is true for many MLBers. :rolleyes:

Sockinchisox
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
nm

Rockabilly
06-24-2008, 11:06 PM
I know that John Danks is on my space

thomas35forever
06-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I just requested to be Gordon Beckham's friend on Facebook.

AzureJazzMan
06-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I know that Curtis Granderson is on MySpace, and it is really him. He is a really cool guy, and responds to e-mails pretty quickly.

It was funny he was actually the on that asked me to be his friend, once he saw that I was a big White Sox fan and sang jazz, because he loves both. He was born and raised a Southsider dontchaknow.

Told me that he would like to play for our hometeam before he retires.

JermaineDye05
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM

I just requested what appears to be him on facebook.

johnr1note
06-25-2008, 04:53 PM

And I have been his "friend" since he was traded to the White Sox. He obviously doesn't pay attention to the page -- last time I looked his profile picture still had him in a Texas Rangers cap.

bigsoxfan420
06-25-2008, 05:00 PM
I know that Curtis Granderson is on MySpace, and it is really him. He is a really cool guy, and responds to e-mails pretty quickly.

It was funny he was actually the on that asked me to be his friend, once he saw that I was a big White Sox fan and sang jazz, because he loves both. He was born and raised a Southsider dontchaknow.

Told me that he would like to play for our hometeam before he retires.

It was in the news last year, but Curtis found at that one of the kids that was killed at VT was a huge Tigers fan. Apparently they "talked" occasionally and when Granderson found out who he was he made the kid his "top friend". It seems silly but I think it was cool that CG acknowledged the poor kid, I'm sure his friends found it to be a nice memorial. I think he even mentioned the kid in some interviews.

Frater Perdurabo
06-25-2008, 07:51 PM
And I have been his "friend" since he was traded to the White Sox. He obviously doesn't pay attention to the page -- last time I looked his profile picture still had him in a Texas Rangers cap.

He must be too busy working with Coop; his results on the field show it! :D:

pearso66
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
John Danks is one of my friends on myspace, and as Johnr1note said, he hasn't updated it in a long time. I'll have to look for Gordon Beckham though.

I want Mags back
06-26-2008, 10:15 AM
im also Danks' friend on FB

thomas35forever
06-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Beckham just accepted my friend request this morning.

MarySwiss
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
It was in the news last year, but Curtis found at that one of the kids that was killed at VT was a huge Tigers fan. Apparently they "talked" occasionally and when Granderson found out who he was he made the kid his "top friend". It seems silly but I think it was cool that CG acknowledged the poor kid, I'm sure his friends found it to be a nice memorial. I think he even mentioned the kid in some interviews.

I've lurked a time or two on Motownsports.com, and many of the posters there really felt it when that kid was killed. I believe they've even done some things in his honor.

I'll PM Oblong about this thread in case he misses it. He knows a lot more about it.

Oblong
06-26-2008, 07:03 PM

Yes, that was Brian Bluhm. He was one of the top posters at Motown Sports, in fact he had the most posts of anybody. Very knowledgable about the minor leagues. He was a Granderson fan from the day he was drafted. I don't recall right now how it all unfolded with the myspace. Everybody associated Brian with Virginia Tech and on that horrible night as we were finding out that Brian was one of the victims someone posted a link to Curtis's page and Brian was his top friend. I would be lying if I said tears were not flowing. Because of that he'll always be an all time Tiger for me, right up there with Trammell and Parrish. No matter what he does the rest of his career or who he does it with. Pure class. When you find out someone you knew dies and you see their favorite player do that it really means something.

Jason Grilli also had a myspace page and there was minor controversy but we figured out it wasn't him updating it, unless he did it during the game. But he ripped on fans booing him.

MCHSoxFan
06-26-2008, 09:19 PM
who are they?

NO White Sox players have a myspace account. Yes, I am friends with White Sox players and family members.

MCHSoxFan
06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
All of my friends, who are batboys, have a FaceBook account and/or MySpace account. The only friend I have on any website is John Danks. Others, who used to have one, were Jenks, Ozuna, and Crisp. Coco is really, really nice. I actually joined FaceBook just to talk to him because we only talk when he is here for a series.

DumpJerry
06-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I remember there was a MySpace page for Brandon McCarthy (remember him?). People flocked to it before it was revealed to be not him after all.

I would think it would be risky from a personal security standpoint for a pro athlete to have a channel of communication as open as message boards, etc. One wrong post and he pisses off the wrong person.....

MCHSoxFan
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I remember there was a MySpace page for Brandon McCarthy (remember him?). People flocked to it before it was revealed to be not him after all.

I would think it would be risky from a personal security standpoint for a pro athlete to have a channel of communication as open as message boards, etc. One wrong post and he pisses off the wrong person.....

Good point. And, yes, I do remember Mr. McCarthy! :cool:

milrtyme28
06-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Aardsma had a Myspace until a few months after he was traded to the Sox. His was a great site - just like anyone elses page, with pictures, vacations. personal stuff, and he responded to messages etc.

It was definitely a real sire - wayy to many personal family pics to be anything fake. It disappeared a few months after he was in the Sox organization.

If I was a public figure I would probably leave the myspace thing alone too.

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2008, 01:23 AM
If I was a public figure I would probably leave the myspace thing alone too.I'm not a public figure, and I leave the myspace thing alone. I don't get it. But then, I'm old.:geezer:

Frankfan4life
06-28-2008, 03:23 AM
I'm not a public figure, and I leave the myspace thing alone. I don't get it. But then, I'm old.:geezer:I'm with you old man. IMO Myspace and the like appear to be a vehicle for the young and/or vain. Unless you have something interesting to say or advertise, I don't see the point. It's hard enough for me to find the time to tend to my email, voice mail and message board posts. Furthermore, I believe the less people know about you, the better.

tacosalbarojas
06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Danks has what appears to be a legit facebook page. It seems it is him anyway. Most of his friends are either from Texas or Illinois. Joe Cowley is listed as is most of his family including Jordan.