PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh, those June Bugs! Excellent work, Bova!

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Just got finished reading George Bova's newest work on the main page, and what a great piece of writing I must say that was to read. I agree with every part of it. Well stated, PHG!

Keep your eyes on October! Let's hope our Sox can get back on their horse and ride their first place to destiny.

October26
06-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Just got finished reading George Bova's newest work on the main page, and what a great piece of writing I must say that was to read. I agree with every part of it. Well stated, PHG!

Keep your eyes on October! Let's hope our Sox can get back on their horse and ride their first place to destiny.

Ditto. Enjoyed the article very much. Thank you, Mr. George Bova!

Sox
06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Great article by Ben Bova....Thats just the shot in the arm that this White Sox fan needed....Much thanks Ben.......:bandance:

soxfanatlanta
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I like the metaphor.

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I like the metaphor.

I do too. The man can write!

ElmhurstMarcus
06-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I love reading Bova's articles.

white sox bill
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Who is this man Bova that you speak of?:D:

hose
06-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Got Bova?

Another excellent read from George!

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Got Bova?

Another excellent read from George!
Nice! Maybe WSI could do up another shirt in their shop!

ChiSoxFan7
06-24-2008, 01:04 PM
the metaphor throughout was just stunning.

And i mean this with all seriousness...have you/wsi don't know who owns the rights, submitting this to an editors section in some newsprint or even the other site we're playing softball against later (:scratch:chicago somethhing?:rolleyes:) . i would love for more than just the loyal WSI to read this article, because simply put.

AMAZING. Way to go Mr. Bova!

MeteorsSox4367
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
The game played on the field matters.

If you were going to cut George Bova's article down to its seven most important words, the above phrase would be the one chosen.

As a diehard Sox fan who has moaned and groaned for most of my adult life about people who attend sporting events but don't watch what the hell is taking place on the field/ice, that is by far my biggest pet peeve.

Why spend good money to attend a sporting event if you're not going to pay attention? When I was in high school, I was criticized by the guy next to me for booing the Hawks during an uninspired game at the Stadium. My response to him was "Unlike you, I live and die with this poor excuse for a hockey team. If I want to boo, I'm going to boo."

I'm convinced that some people root for the team on the North Side because it's the cool thing to do and everyone's doing it. That's wonderful.

I just want them and some members of the media in Chicago to remember which team won the Series in 2005 and which one did not.

Sorry for rambling. Anyway, a tip of the '59 Sox replica cap to George Bova on a job well done!