PDA

View Full Version : Fogg hands Unit 1st Loss

duke of dorwood
05-07-2002, 09:48 AM
:fogg

Bring on Osuna next

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2002, 11:01 AM
I don't wish Kip, Fogg or Lowe bad luck but I feel ill with each win these guys get. I know we needed Ritchie and I have no problem overpaying for him but Kenny Williams made the Pirates what they are this year.

The American and National League White Sox will meet in the World Series. I would love for the Sox to sweep the Cubs in interleague and the Pirates to beat them in the playoffs.

Nellie_Fox
05-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I would love for the Sox to sweep the Cubs in interleague and the Pirates to beat them in the playoffs.
I never want to see the Cubs in the playoffs.

pudge
05-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Unless I see Ritchie getting doused with champaign in the Comiskey clubhouse in October, I am going to hold this deal against KW for a long, long time.

Randar68
05-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Man, it doesn't matter what happens, Sox fans just wanna bitch about something, good or bad, they'll be damned if they don't bitch about it at some point...

You want a better rotation now? You had to give something up!

The hypocracy from people here is so thick you can cut it with a spoon!

OfficerKarkovice
05-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Man, it doesn't matter what happens, Sox fans just wanna bitch about something, good or bad, they'll be damned if they don't bitch about it at some point...

You want a better rotation now? You had to give something up!

The hypocracy from people here is so thick you can cut it with a spoon!

This is true. Randar...just curious...if you were to trade for some starting pitching who would you want them to go get, and who would you give up to get them?

Randar68
05-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

This is true. Randar...just curious...if you were to trade for some starting pitching who would you want them to go get, and who would you give up to get them?

I would go for Mike Hampton, but we know that won't happen.

I would have gone for Mussina or Clemens during their last FA periods, but again, we can't go back and do it over.

There aren't a lot of attractive or affordable guys out there. Weaver's good, but nobody wants to play with or behind him and he hates the Sox. Sparks eats innings but is a bit inconsistent due to the knuckler.

I'll take any of the young arms on Florida. I'll take Vazquez or Armas Jr. from Montreal.

There aren't very many good targets out there.

Trade bait:
Carlos
Rowand
Liefer
Valenzuela
Parque
Barcelo
Mendoza
Ulacia
Lantigua
Vining
Josh Paul
Miles
and the list goes on. Not a ton of quality there....

OfficerKarkovice
05-07-2002, 04:41 PM

I would have gone for Mussina or Clemens during their last FA periods, but again, we can't go back and do it over.

There aren't a lot of attractive or affordable guys out there. Weaver's good, but nobody wants to play with or behind him and he hates the Sox. Sparks eats innings but is a bit inconsistent due to the knuckler.

I'll take any of the young arms on Florida. I'll take Vazquez or Armas Jr. from Montreal.

There aren't very many good targets out there.

Trade bait:
Carlos
Rowand
Liefer
Valenzuela
Parque
Barcelo
Mendoza
Ulacia
Lantigua
Vining
Josh Paul
Miles
and the list goes on. Not a ton of quality there....

No go on like Scott Erickson?...I wasn't aware that any of the guys from Fla. or Mon. were available but if they are they would be worth giving up a lot of talent. Vazquez is a stud, as are most of the other guys for the Marlins.

Randar68
05-07-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

No go on like Scott Erickson?...I wasn't aware that any of the guys from Fla. or Mon. were available but if they are they would be worth giving up a lot of talent. Vazquez is a stud, as are most of the other guys for the Marlins.

Not sure any of them are available.

With Erickson's recent health issues, I would be EXTREMELY nervous about giving up anything of value to get him.

foulkesfan11
05-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:fogg

Bring on Osuna next

I heard that this morning & meant to post it. Great minds think alike sir!

tampabaysoxfan
05-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Don't forget who the other half of your great mind comes from!

Tragg
05-08-2002, 12:08 AM

Please, if we are going to give more young talent for starting pitching, make it a legitimate number 1 starter. We still don't have a real #1 - I consider Buerhle a great #2. Or better yet develop one ourselves from our droves of young pitching.
Or even better, use some of the pitching to fill some holes in position players - like SHORTSTOP. Clayton operating on concrete will be comical.

foulkesfan11
05-08-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by tampabaysoxfan
Don't forget who the other half of your great mind comes from!

Yes, it does. That part of me showed at work tonight when I was buying CD's online! :)

DrCrawdad
05-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Here's something I find amusing.

I hear a lot of Cub fans, on the sports talk radio programs & in person, talk about Sox pitching prospects. They often talk about how, 'all the Sox hyped prospects suck...' then on the other hand they'll rant and rave about how great Josh Fogg has done and how dumb the Sox were for trading Fogg.

Which is it?

BTW Sean Lowe, who many of us including myself, lamented trading to Pitts was shelled in his last outing.

I'm glad for Fogg's success. In fact, I hope either Fogg or Wells pitch on May 22 when Pitts plays at Wrigley. I've got tickets and I'd love to see either of these guys shut down the Cubs.

mike squires
05-08-2002, 12:40 AM
how about steve avery? this is his last year and we'd have to pay big bucks but i saw where avery was looking around for a new place to play. he would be awesome. we could give up lee and someone for him. or wold the braves not take that? come to think of it jones plays left. it sounded good anyway.