PDA

View Full Version : wonderful new White Sox book

Fenway
06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
When I was talking to Nancy Faust on Thursday she told me about a new White Sox book just out this week titled GAME OF MY LIFE by Lew Freedman. Memorable stories of White Sox baseball.

Nancy told me the chapter on her is the best thing ever written about her. I found it this afternoon at Borders in Lincoln Park.

Just giving it a quick look this is a must read for any White Sox fan and I happily bought it.

Sox
06-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Cool thanks for the info. The question I have is will this book be sold in Chicago only or will their be a nationwide distribution? That's for all of us White Sox fans who reside outside of the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago.:scratch:

Fenway
06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Cool thanks for the info. The question I have is will this book be sold in Chicago only or will their be a nationwide distribution? That's for all of us White Sox fans who reside outside of the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago.:scratch:

It is in the Borders computer system so any store can get it in 7 days.

Im sure all the major outlets will have it. It was published by sportspublishingllc.com

It really looks nice. Nancy talks about all the fans who have become like family to her over the years.

Sox
06-22-2008, 06:11 PM
It is in the Borders computer system so any store can get it in 7 days.

Im sure all the major outlets will have it. It was published by sportspublishingllc.com

It really looks nice. Nancy talks about all the fans who have become like family to her over the years.

Thats good to know....Thanks Fenway.

TornLabrum
06-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Right now we're working on getting Lew Freedman to attend our July 22 WCSF luncheon. Lew is the author who wrote "White Sox Essential" which I really enjoyed (and not just because he quoted me in it).

When the details become available I'll let people know. I got the ball rolling with him, but since my surgery last week, I really haven't had the computer time to work on anything, so I passed that job off to Mary Kay (our president). We also don't know yet what player(s) the Sox will send us.

RockRiversoxfan
06-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I picked it up at at a B and N. at cheery vale mall a great read. loved nancys chapter

scarsofthumper
06-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna pick this one up, I love reading about White Sox history.

103 screwball
06-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Looks cool thanks. It is 16.47 at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Game-My-Life-Memorable-Baseball/dp/1596702915/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214230421&sr=1-1
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wUR5-dOtL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

whitesox901
06-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Sounds good, is it his personal memories? like in SOX and the CITY? or is it general history like White Sox Essential?

WagMan
06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Received the book as a father's day present (thanks kids!). I try to read a chapter a day as I bounce throughout the book. Well, I'm really working from the back towards the front as those are the stories I can relate to better. Either way, it's a good read and I suggest if anyone is interested that they pick it up.

Iwritecode
06-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I picked it up at at a B and N. at cheery vale mall a great read. loved nancys chapter

You must live somewhere near or perhaps in Rockford then?