PDA

View Full Version : Bragging rights

LITTLE NELL
06-22-2008, 06:46 AM
The Cubs can win every one of these interleague games against the Sox but until they win a World Series, the bragging rights remain on the South Side.
Cub fans eat your heart out.

Cuck the Fubs
06-22-2008, 07:21 AM
The Cubs can win every one of these interleague games against the Sox but until they win a World Series, the bragging rights remain on the South Side.
Cub fans eat your heart out.

Doesn't work sir..............this reasonable statement is meant with the incredible, well thought out reply of " Stop living in the past " :rolleyes:

LITTLE NELL
06-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Doesn't work sir..............this reasonable statement is meant with the incredible, well thought out reply of " Stop living in the past " :rolleyes:
I do a lot of living in the past because you cant take away the memories.

Cuck the Fubs
06-22-2008, 07:40 AM

I will tell you one thing that really annoys me.....it seems as if 2005 never happened to them, and it really boggles my mind when the media pounds the "finally bringing a championship to Chicago " line regarding the 2008 Cubs.

I happened to catch the 60 years of Cubs on WGN thing last night, and the segment about the Cubs winning it all was a riot. They had everyone and their brother talking about how it would be the greatest thing ever, etc, etc....all them talking & dreaming about what they would do IF they won it all.....

And then it hit me....as a White Sox fan I don't have to dream about what it would be like to win it....I KNOW. I was there in the Cell for it.

LITTLE NELL
06-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I will tell you one thing that really annoys me.....it seems as if 2005 never happened to them, and it really boggles my mind when the media pounds the "finally bringing a championship to Chicago " line regarding the 2008 Cubs.

I happened to catch the 60 years of Cubs on WGN thing last night, and the segment about the Cubs winning it all was a riot. They had everyone and their brother talking about how it would be the greatest thing ever, etc, etc....all them talking & dreaming about what they would do IF they won it all.....

And then it hit me....as a White Sox fan I don't have to dream about what it would be like to win it....I KNOW. I was there in the Cell for it.
If a miracle happens and they do go all way, 2005 will be stricken from the Chicago history books.

TommyJohn
06-22-2008, 08:05 AM
If a miracle happens and they do go all way, 2005 will stricken from the Chicago history books.

What do you mean, IF? It already has been stricken.

Cuck the Fubs
06-22-2008, 08:08 AM
What do you mean, IF? It already has been stricken.

Beat me to it :D:

Viva Medias B's
06-22-2008, 08:09 AM
They tell us to "stop living in the past," yet they continue to worship the 1969 team that didn't win a damn thing.

whitesox901
06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
they may of taken 2 outta 3 so far from the Sox, but theyre Cubs fans, they cant really brag about anything

eastchicagosoxfan
06-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I will tell you one thing that really annoys me.....it seems as if 2005 never happened to them,

Ain't that the truth. I just say that it feels nice to win these crosstown games. The Sox and Cubs have both won plenty of these games. But, I say, could you imagine winning it all? It dwarfs these games. I remind them of course that I don't have to imagine it.

areilly
06-22-2008, 01:25 PM
FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN A SINGLE GAME!!!

Look, the Sox won a World Series three years ago and have tread water ever since. The 0-for-the-century Cubs are on a tear and have exposed almost every flaw in the 2008 Sox team over the course of two days. Given the circumstances, I don't think either fanbase has much to brag about these days.

"2005 was awesome." The most telling word there is the bolded one.

soxpride724
06-22-2008, 01:30 PM

I guess with the past the Cubs have had, I wouldn't want to live in it either.

UofCSoxFan
06-22-2008, 01:35 PM
They say don't live in the past but they won't abandon an outdated ball park whose only asset is that it's old. Makes sense.

pagansoxfan
06-22-2008, 02:31 PM
present perfect tense: we have seen a world title. @ the present time, cub fans have not. see, we're NOT living in the past!

white sox bill
06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
As much as I LOVED 05 season and all, lets face the facts, they have handed our head to us the first 2. And I'm a bit nervous about tonights game. Be afraid of this flub team, they are loaded and dangerous. I fear the worse......

MarySwiss
06-22-2008, 02:41 PM
They tell us to "stop living in the past," yet they continue to worship the 1969 team that didn't win a damn thing.
Not only that, they're kind of celebrating the 100 years of futility. If that's not living in the past, what is?

southsideirish71
06-22-2008, 03:08 PM
The minute one of them start to yap spout this off.

"I remember 2005, because it was only 3 years ago. I can tell you what it feels like to sit in the rain and watch a world series walk off because I was there. I have modern day memorabilia from it, including a DVD so I can watch it over and over. I understand that this upsets you the cubs fan, because to find someone who had the same experience either requires a shovel or a ouiji board. Good luck with your seance. Oh an how thoughtless of me, Happy Anniversary."

Cuck the Fubs
06-22-2008, 03:15 PM
During these times, I really enjoy wearing my T Shirt with the championship ring on with 2 simple words under the ring...where's yours........

That usually shuts em up:cool:

manders_01
06-22-2008, 03:17 PM

"I remember 2005, because it was only 3 years ago. I can tell you what it feels like to sit in the rain and watch a world series walk off because I was there. I have modern day memorabilia from it, including a DVD so I can watch it over and over. I understand that this upsets you the cubs fan, because to find someone who had the same experience either requires a shovel or a ouiji board. Good luck with your seance. Oh an how thoughtless of me, Happy Anniversary."

:rolling: Granted, I don't expect that to change the minds of the irrational fan, but the rational one (if there are any) can't argue much with that perspective.

Cuck the Fubs
06-22-2008, 03:19 PM

I took a bit of abuse at a birthday party....my youngest boy Kyle is 4....I told those Cub fans there that Kyle has some 3 year old friends who have waited a lifetime to see the Sox win it all:D:

jabrch
06-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Well said - I'm looking forward to the future - but I will always have the past to hold on to.

Ditka was wrong...

TommyJohn
06-22-2008, 07:01 PM
FOUR TOUCHDOWNS IN A SINGLE GAME!!!

Look, the Sox won a World Series three years ago and have tread water ever since. The 0-for-the-century Cubs are on a tear and have exposed almost every flaw in the 2008 Sox team over the course of two days. Given the circumstances, I don't think either fanbase has much to brag about these days.

"2005 was awesome." The most telling word there is the bolded one.

Can we at LEAST admit that they are better than they were last year?

pearso66
06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
My mom had a recent run in with Cub fans. She brought up the World Series in 05, and they responded with "If we are living in the past, I can bring up 07 and 08." It took me a little while to realize they meant 1907 and 1908. If I had thought about it, I would have brought up 1. Where were they when the watched the Cubs win the World Series last, and 2. that the Sox have 3 rings to their 2. But I had walked away before it hit me what they meant.

areilly
06-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Can we at LEAST admit that they are better than they were last year?

I think that goes without saying.

TheButlerDidIt
06-22-2008, 09:09 PM
My mom had a recent run in with Cub fans. She brought up the World Series in 05, and they responded with "If we are living in the past, I can bring up 07 and 08." It took me a little while to realize they meant 1907 and 1908. If I had thought about it, I would have brought up 1. Where were they when the watched the Cubs win the World Series last, and 2. that the Sox have 3 rings to their 2. But I had walked away before it hit me what they meant.

It's a lame argument on both faces. Both teams have had incredible droughts and some of us need to quit the inferiority complex and focus on what's wrong with our team!!!!! 2005 was going on 3 years ago and we've done notHInG since Houston that October night!!

The Cubs have simply been better the past couple years and they could very well go all the way. But until one team or the other actually runs together a string of consecutive playoff appearances (forget titles for a sec), NO ONE has bragging rights. Any Cubs fans I've come in contact with could care less about the White Sox. Must be nice.

thomas35forever
06-22-2008, 09:16 PM
They may have bragging rights now because they are about to sweep us, but we still have the ultimate bragging right: a World Series championship in our lifetime. Even if they won't listen to your arguments, just be proud that you've seen your team win one.

However, I fear how the city will remember the '05 Sox if the Cubs do the unthinkable and win it all.

LongLiveFisk
06-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Not only that, they're kind of celebrating the 100 years of futility. If that's not living in the past, what is?

I don't think Cubs fans live in the past. I think they live in the future. First of all, their famous phrase is "wait 'til next year". Secondly, they have already crowned their team the 2008 World Series Champs.

CubKilla
06-23-2008, 12:27 AM
However, I fear how the city will remember the '05 Sox if the Cubs do the unthinkable and win it all.

'00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '06, '07,......