PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to the Diamondbacks?

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
:angry:

They're losing 6-0 to Minnesota. The started out hot and have since played like complete crap. I thought that the D-Backs, playing in an indoor venue (sometimes) themselves, they would have an idea how to play the Twins on that joke of a field in Minneapolis.

whitesox901
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM

They're losing 6-0 to Minnesota. The started out hot and have since played like complete crap. I thought that the D-Backs, playing in an indoor venue (sometimes) themselves, they would have an idea how to play the Twins on that joke of a field in Minneapolis.

I hear that

rustysurf83
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I guess the lead is going to be 3.5, but I am more concerned with the Detroit and Cleveland games tonight.

PKalltheway
06-20-2008, 08:22 PM

Not too sure, but I don't think the D'Backs' weak offense is doing them any favors right now. Their pitching staff, albeit pretty good, can't continue to go out there and work that hard every night when their offense isn't coming through for them.

I don't know, that's my best guess...

JB98
06-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Every time the Sox lose an interleague game, they will lose ground in the standings. There are only two good teams in the National League, the Phillies and Cubs. Unfortunately, we have to play one of those two good teams six times, while other teams in our division play the weak sisters of the NL.

thomas35forever
06-20-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't know why people aren't afraid of the Twins. They are going to stay in the race, people.

sox1970
06-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't know why people aren't afraid of the Twins. They are going to stay in the race, people.

They might linger around .500 the rest of the year, but I agree, they won't win this division.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM

They may, but I am more concerned with Cleveland and Detroit. I know both of them aren't going anywhere, but I think each one of them has a surge left in them.

sox1970
06-20-2008, 08:58 PM
They may, but I am more concerned with Cleveland and Detroit. I know both of them aren't going anywhere, but I think each one of them has a surge left in them.

In order of scaring me:

1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Minnesota

SoxandtheCityTee
06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
JB98 is right. You cannot realistically expect much help from the NL teams facing our Divisional opponents. If you get it, it's a pleasant surprise. I was thrilled with the sweep of CLE and just hope the Twinkies don't sweep the D-backs they way they did the Nats. If they do, the Sox just have to suck it up and continue to beat the crap out of the Twins head to head, which happily they're capable of doing.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Arizona failed us tonight, and our lead is now 3. But I am not worried about us in the AL Central. I think we will win it because I do expect Minnesota to fade, and I do not think Cleveland and Detroit will be able to catch us despite what I said earlier about them each having a surge in them. We just have to do our job and we'll win the division. While I would like us to beat the Cubs, whom I hate like hell losing to (feeling like Ed O'Bradovich does after bad Bears losses against the Packers), what I really want us to do is beat Boston, LAAOC, or whomever in the AL Playoffs.

doublem23
06-20-2008, 10:13 PM
In order of scaring me:

1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Minnesota

Flip flop the Twins and Tribe. Cleveland's offense is beyond terrible. I know their pitching is lights out, but you've got to be able to score runs.

As for Detroit, I don't expect them to be more of a streaky menace. This division is ours to lose.

Arizona failed us tonight, and our lead is now 3. But I am not worried about us in the AL Central. I think we will win it because I do expect Minnesota to fade, and I do not think Cleveland and Detroit will be able to catch us despite what I said earlier about them each having a surge in them. We just have to do our job and we'll win the division. While I would like us to beat the Cubs, whom I hate like hell losing to (feeling like Ed O'Bradovich does after bad Bears losses against the Packers), what I really want us to do is beat Boston, LAAOC, or whomever in the AL Playoffs.

Yeah, that joke got old like 3 years ago.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 10:16 PM

So what. Meanwhile, Cleveland is up 2-0 on LA, and the Motor City Kittens are tied at 1 with the Order of St. Francis.

Meanwhile, the Redbirds hold on and beat the Carmines at Fenway Park 5-4.

Optipessimism
06-20-2008, 10:23 PM

Until they drop the "Anaheim" from their name and quit trying to represent two different locations it still is a joke.

doublem23
06-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Until they drop the "Anaheim" from their name and quit trying to represent two different locations it still is a joke.

Whatever if the "of Anaheim" really bothers you that much then just call them the Los Angeles Angels and be done with it. Calling them the LA Angels of Anaheim, Orange County, California, Western Time Zone, United States of America, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, etc. was sort of funny the first time I read/heard it 3 years ago, but the hilarity really dropped off shortly thereafter.

whitesox901
06-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Detroits going through a surge, but I cant see them staying consistant, Cleveland is all banged up, the Twins are the only ones I see bitting at the heals in Late Augest.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Detroits going through a surge, but I cant see them staying consistant, Cleveland is all banged up, the Twins are the only ones I see bitting at the heals in Late Augest.

And I do not expect the Twins to hold up. Hence, I think we have a very legitimate shot at winning the AL Central.

rustysurf83
06-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Arizona up 3-0 early, hopefully we can get that game back today and be 3.5 up.

High Mileage
06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
My Royals should've swept the Dbacks, but we still took 2 of 3...

sox1970
06-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Brandon Webb: :angry:

soxwon
06-22-2008, 02:42 PM
5-3 twinkies now a 5 spot without a homerun.
damn dbacks, they suck.

rustysurf83
06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
The National League is pathetic,

sox1970
06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Padres and Brewers need to help us out next week.

JB98
06-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Padres and Brewers need to help us out next week.

I wouldn't count on it. The Sox must win their interleague games, or fall in the standings. There are only two or three teams in the National League that are worth a damn. Unfortunately, the Sox have to play one of those teams six times in 10 days, and they are 0-2 so far.

rustysurf83
06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't count on it. The Sox must win their interleague games, or fall in the standings. There are only two or three teams in the National League that are worth a damn. Unfortunately, the Sox have to play one of those teams six times in 10 days, and they are 0-2 so far.

This is exactly the reason interleague play is bull****. Because of our "rivalry" we have to play six games against the team with the best record in the majors, while our division opponents, who should be the real rivals, play Arizona, LA, and SD. If MLB wants to keep interleague they need to find a way to balance the shedules.

CHISOXFAN13
06-22-2008, 03:24 PM

I fully expect the Brewers to get us a few wins. Then again, I thought 'zona would win at least one.

Ughhhhh

LITTLE NELL
06-22-2008, 04:08 PM
This is exactly the reason interleague play is bull****. Because of our "rivalry" we have to play six games against the team with the best record in the majors, while our division opponents, who should be the real rivals, play Arizona, LA, and SD. If MLB wants to keep interleague they need to find a way to balance the shedules.
Could not agree with you more, the whole schedule stinks.

LITTLE NELL
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Twins win again, we need to win tonight.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Detroit's winning again as well.

Lip

Blueprint1
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
the NL stinks and thats a fact. The only good team is the Cubs.

SoxGirl4Life
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
the NL stinks and thats a fact. The only good team is the Cubs.

Cardinals have taken 2 already from the Red Sox at home. And this third game is tied in the 11th. Papelbon gave up the lead in the top of the ninth. St. Louis is hanging tough with the Cubs.

Edit: Red Sox win in 13.

thomas35forever
06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for nothing, 'zona. Are you trying to help us get knocked out of first?

Blueprint1
06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Cardinals have taken 2 already from the Red Sox at home. And this third game is tied in the 11th. Papelbon gave up the lead in the top of the ninth. St. Louis is hanging tough with the Cubs.

They are also coming off a sweep at the hands of the Royals.

SoxGirl4Life
06-22-2008, 05:48 PM

True. The Royals are confusing, tho.

PKalltheway
06-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Does that honestly mean that the Royals are a better team than the Cardinals? I know that the majority of the NL is pretty weak compared to the AL, but seriously, c'mon. They've taken 2 out of 3 from the Rays and 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox. They were also able to beat the Red Sox without Pujols too.

High Mileage
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
True. The Royals are confusing, tho.

Truely. Took 2 of 3 from the Marlins, 2 of 3 from the Diamondbacks, 3 of 3 from the Cardinals, and now 2 of 3 from the Giants. Rockies next, then the Cardinals. All at home.

SoxGirl4Life
06-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Truely. Took 2 of 3 from the Marlins, 2 of 3 from the Diamondbacks, 3 of 3 from the Cardinals, and now 2 of 3 from the Giants. Rockies next, then the Cardinals. All at home.

lol.. Congrats. I kinda like the Royals. If its not the Sox, I'd like the Royals to win the Central one of these years!

jdm2662
06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for nothing, 'zona. Are you trying to help us get knocked out of first?

The White Sox are helping themselves in that department.

Seriously people, the White Sox need to worry about themselves and that's it. Quit whinning about interleague play, and why the Sox have to play a good team six times, etc. I'm sure you weren't complaining in the years when the White Sox got to play a horrible Cubs team six times. Maybe the White Sox should actually win a road game before I get upset at other teams in the division winning a game. I despise the Cubs series as much as the next guy, but it is what it is. Win or go home.

Jerko
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't complain about interleague. We had 6 home games vs. the Pirates and Rockes. I do agree however that the same teams should play the same teams. It would be nice right now if the Twins and Tigers had to go to Wrigley, but we play the Cubs all the time, and they suck most of the time.

whitesoxfan
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I tried to tell you guys Arizona wasn't any good.

JB98
06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
The White Sox are helping themselves in that department.

Seriously people, the White Sox need to worry about themselves and that's it. Quit whinning about interleague play, and why the Sox have to play a good team six times, etc. I'm sure you weren't complaining in the years when the White Sox got to play a horrible Cubs team six times. Maybe the White Sox should actually win a road game before I get upset at other teams in the division winning a game. I despise the Cubs series as much as the next guy, but it is what it is. Win or go home.

I'm not whining about it, but a fact is a fact: The Sox have the hardest interleague schedule of any AL team because they must play the NL's best team six times. The Sox aren't going to get any help, so they need to start winning if they want to hold on to first place.

There are some years where six games against the Cubs works in the Sox favor. Take 2006, for example. But this year, it's an obstacle that needs to be overcome. So far, the Sox have not done a good job of dealing with it.

Medford Bobby
06-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I tried to tell you guys Arizona wasn't any good.
Yes it was a brutal weekend, Sox, D-Backs get swept but the Dodgers won Sunday against the tribe.....yippy:bandance:

pierzynski07
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm not whining about it, but a fact is a fact: The Sox have the hardest interleague schedule of any AL team because they must play the NL's best team six times. The Sox aren't going to get any help, so they need to start winning if they want to hold on to first place.

There are some years where six games against the Cubs works in the Sox favor. Take 2006, for example. But this year, it's an obstacle that needs to be overcome. So far, the Sox have not done a good job of dealing with it.
They also have the easiest because they face three of the NL's worst nine times.