PDA

View Full Version : John Kass: Cubs/Sox... Whose fans are fatter?

doublem23
06-20-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-kass-20-jun20,0,813828.column

:roflmao:

Kass hits one out of the park. Brilliant.

Sockinchisox
06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
:rolling:

Brilliant!

whitem0nkey
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
even cub fans can remember 2005, love it

russ99
06-20-2008, 01:30 PM

Brilliant!

On so many levels. Great slam against the Sun Times and their stupid contest. Maybe it should be which team's female fans know the rules of baseball. We'd win, hands down.

soxpride724
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
On so many levels. Great slam against the Sun Times and their stupid contest. Maybe it should be which team's female fans know the rules of baseball. We'd win, hands down.

Yeah, which team's female fans don't need their husband/boyfriend to explain each phase of the game to them.

thomas35forever
06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Now the Sun-Times is extending their contest through the end of the season because of the overwhelming public response.:rolleyes:

This was a brilliant piece done and almost sounds like something that would be done in The Onion.

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah, which team's female fans don't need their husband/boyfriend to explain each phase of the game to them.
We win that hands-down...It's so easy! :D:

chisoxmike
06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
"Another great thing about the Sox winning the World Series, even Cubs fans remember it."

MarySwiss
06-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I read this earlier. Extremely funny and incisive.

And you have to love how he called a spade a spade, i.e., ST's poll about who are the hottest was translated into who were the most sexually arousing. Which, of course, was the tabloid's intent.

You rule, Kass! :smile:

Edit: Not that I concede for one milisecond that Cubs female fans are either hotter or more sexually arousing than Sox female fans.

Edit2: Come to think of it, ST--and you might want to pay attention here--when you're comparing two things--e.g, Cub fans and Sox fans--the correct tense would be "which fans are the hotter?"

Edit3: Maybe we should start a poll about which paper is the bigger loser? Nah!

soxpride724
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
For a good laugh, read some of the article comments on this.

Optipessimism
06-20-2008, 10:58 PM
This idiotic column and the equally idiotic one that provoked it are the reasons why I hate this series.

ws05champs
06-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Edit3: Maybe we should start a poll about which paper is the bigger loser? Nah!

It would probably be a tie.

Jerome
06-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't know who has the hotter female fans but just walking around Lincoln Park and into Wrigleyville last night, there are definitely some ladies whose Cub fan-ness I would happily overlook.

DSpivack
06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
It would probably be a tie.

Well, the Sun-Times might be ultimate losers in the next few years.

OldRomanPizza
06-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't know who has the hotter female fans but just walking around Lincoln Park and into Wrigleyville last night, there are definitely some ladies whose Cub fan-ness I would happily overlook.

Overlook and run fast in the other direction, with a Lance Johnson jump to boot.

Its a circus, and like any circus, there are beggars and hangers on, which yesterday was summed up best by these four women at the Wrigleyville bar I went to.

Not one a day younger than 40 and not one without mass amounts of bad makeup trying to make them pass for still being in their 20s.

Sad and disgusting! :rolleyes:

MarySwiss
06-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Overlook and run fast in the other direction, with a Lance Johnson jump to boot.
Its a circus, and like any circus, there are beggars and hangers on, which yesterday was summed up best by these four women at the Wrigleyville bar I went to.
Not one a day younger than 40 and not one without mass amounts of bad makeup trying to make them pass for still being in their 20s.
Sad and disgusting! :rolleyes:

Well, I was going to post about this and then I wasn't but now I am. I want to congratulate WSI folks--most of them--for realizing that most of WSI's female fans are more concerned with how the team does than with whether or not we win some stupid poll posted by some pathetic fishwrap in a desperate attempt to bolster their pitiful ratings. I and my Sox fan sisters feel honored to lose this poll.