PDA

View Full Version : Royce's Tooth Pulled

Viva Magglio
05-06-2002, 10:51 PM
That should put him out at least a couple of days. I had my widsom teeth pulled a few years ago, and I couldn't work for three days. If Manuel trots Royce out there tomorrow, we could very well see Royce...

:chunks

doublem23
05-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That should put him out at least a couple of days. I had my widsom teeth pulled a few years ago, and I couldn't work for three days. If Manuel trots Royce out there tomorrow, we could very well see Royce...

On the plus side, Royce just made it a little easier to hit his weight. :)

Kilroy
05-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That should put him out at least a couple of days.

It's different for everyone. I had mine done, all four at once, and 3-4 hours later, it was business as usual. No pain, no nausea. I never even opened the pain meds. Once the anesthesia wore off, I was fine.

GASHWOUND
05-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

It's different for everyone. I had mine done, all four at once, and 3-4 hours later, it was business as usual. No pain, no nausea. I never even opened the pain meds. Once the anesthesia wore off, I was fine.

When I went to the dentist last month they said that I had to had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out. i said "Hell no!" I'm a little bit squeamish when it comes to that.
Ah, what the hell...I'm scared to death! :whiner:

Tragg
05-06-2002, 11:49 PM
I figured there was a substantive reason for him to be out of the lineup. Why take such a stud player out unless you have to. The bad news is that we are stuck with graff for a few days.

Anyone see Detroit's ss ice the game yesterday against minny with his D? Or the pirates SS saving the win for Fogg against Randy Johnson? Those are the kind of SS we need - someone with some range.

BuehrleACE56
05-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Royce has been playing very well defensively. He made some nice plays on Sunday and has a big number of errorless games going. Sure his bat hasn't been doing it but it's gotten better since the start of the season. He is really becoming a homerun threat too! Another slow start from the plate for Clayton but maybe he'll warm up again like last year. Hopefully!

KruseControl04
05-07-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
Royce has been playing very well defensively. He made some nice plays on Sunday and has a big number of errorless games going. Sure his bat hasn't been doing it but it's gotten better since the start of the season. He is really becoming a homerun threat too! Another slow start from the plate for Clayton but maybe he'll warm up again like last year. Hopefully!

Sure Royce has been playing well defensively, but there are a million short stops with his fielding ability that hit better than him. I'd rather have Jose over there at short, and bring up someone like Crede for 3rd base.

FarWestChicago
05-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
He made some nice plays on Sunday and has a big number of errorless games going.LOL, several of us have been waiting for this. Thank you.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL, several of us have been waiting for this. Thank you.

I was happy when Rooney and Farmer were proven wrong after calling a sure doubleplay missed by Royce in the Oakland game Saturday. They even said Royce would admit that ball should have been two.

Thankfully, Rosenberg the official scorer, changed the ruling after the inning ended, from an error to a hit. Royce's errorless streak continues!

What do Rooney and Farmer know? They still claimed Royce would admit it was an error. Naturally there was no such post-game comment coming from Royce to that effect.

Wrong again, John and Ed.

OfficerKarkovice
05-07-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

Sure Royce has been playing well defensively, but there are a million short stops with his fielding ability that hit better than him.

There are very few shortstops who field better than him...and if you look carefully, with the exception of the few great SS in the AL (Arod, Nomar, Jeter, etc.) there are also very few SS who hit for an very good average.