06-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Danks: ****ing epic.

Chrisaway
06-20-2008, 01:51 AM
"Nose plugs=Check"
:D:

Harry Potter
06-20-2008, 01:55 AM
What a shocker - Cowley printing a column to stir up **** before the series.

Seriously he (more importantly the S-T) will push anything out the door to sell papers.

thomas35forever
06-20-2008, 01:58 AM
John, Ozzie, and KW will share a beer in the clubhouse after the game.:tongue:

AJ Hellraiser
06-20-2008, 02:10 AM
I've obviously followed the Crosstown Classic since it's began and this is the 1st time I can remember the Sox really saying a lot... Danks with these comments, KW talking about it, Ozzie mentioning the fans in another article...

Either the organization is just angry about still not getting much attention being in 1st place and winning a World Series 3 years ago, or this team has a lot of swagger and is uber-confident for this series...

I'm hoping it's the latter of the two...

BRDSR
06-20-2008, 08:30 AM
John, Ozzie, and KW will share a beer in the clubhouse after the game.:tongue:

They invited others to join them, but then realized that space limitations require a three-person limit in the Wrigley clubhouses at any given time.

jabrch
06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Try not to smell the urine there

place is a ****hole

You go Danks!!!!!

soxpride724
06-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Nice to see a player from a visiting team finaly acknowledge this topic.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2008, 09:24 AM
:moron
"That was a touch of crass, John. Don't you know that you will be playing in a baseball mecca this weekend, unlike the concrete blob you usually play in?"

ondafarm
06-20-2008, 09:52 AM
You go Mr Danks!!

soxfan13
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Nice to see a player from a visiting team finaly acknowledge this topic.

Visiting players have always acknowledged that the clubhouse sucks. This isnt breaking news here.

MushMouth
06-20-2008, 10:24 AM
bwahahahha! classic

hi im skot
06-20-2008, 10:26 AM
What a shocker - Cowley printing a column to stir up **** before the series.

Seriously he (more importantly the S-T) will push anything out the door to sell papers.

I dunno...seems like Danks is doing most of the **** stirring.

Still, it's obvious it was all in fun...he's got the right attitude about this nonsensical series.

soxpride724
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Visiting players have always acknowledged that the clubhouse sucks. This isnt breaking news here.

Oh...... well excuse me.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
They invited others to join them, but then realized that space limitations require a three-person limit in the Wrigley clubhouses at any given time.

Funny you say that. On Sports Nite yesterday I saw Jermaine Dye's comments and he too said that he doesn't like going to Wrigley because the clubhouse is so small you have to wait for the guy next to you to finish changing before you have room to change yourself.

The team is definitely more vocal about this rivalry and I hope they use this to bring out the intensity to demolish the baby bears.

JB98
06-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Sometimes, I think the Sox management and players say stuff like this just to get people riled up. I think it kind of amuses them to see the Wrigley-loving media and the Cubs fans go ape**** over these types of comments.

Wrigley sucks. I haven't been there in seven years. I'll never go again, even if the Blackhawks play a game there.

PatK
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I've obviously followed the Crosstown Classic since it's began and this is the 1st time I can remember the Sox really saying a lot... Danks with these comments, KW talking about it, Ozzie mentioning the fans in another article...

Either the organization is just angry about still not getting much attention being in 1st place and winning a World Series 3 years ago, or this team has a lot of swagger and is uber-confident for this series...

I'm hoping it's the latter of the two...

I think it's both.

The Sox have a chip on their shoulder, but they should. The media has **** on them this whole season.

And the Cubs looked absolutely crushed last night as soon as the Rays took their lead. And they should be tired from the late flight and media coverage that started as early as the sun rose.

getonbckthr
06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Is it unique to this city or are all cities newspapers this rediculous? We have 1 paper fighting with each other while cutting their size in half and currently running a beauty pageant. The other paper however decides their paper sucks so much that the way to go to make themselves interesting is to report on the other paper and write bogus articles without facts in regards to radio hosts. Thank god for the internet!

DrCrawdad
06-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I heard a bit of WGN Radio's, "Sports Central." Lots of moaning and complaining about what Ozzie, KW and what Danks said.

Let's see... Outrage and offense over what a 23 year old says that he smelled at Wrigley Field. But the imaginary tale of drug smoke drifting from the projects (and spreading of racial fears) to the Cells skyboxes is fine to Cubbie fans.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JQ5BPJAZL._AA240_.jpg
"That Smell," was it written about Wrigley Field?

TommyJohn
06-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Sometimes, I think the Sox management and players say stuff like this just to get people riled up. I think it kind of amuses them to see the Wrigley-loving media and the Cubs fans go ape**** over these types of comments.

That's my theory. They just talk smack to illict a reaction. Hell, they're not
going to get attention any other way.