PDA

View Full Version : Carl Crawford = Cub Killer

PennStater98r
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I love you! Great slam man!

You know - further proof that the Cubs can not win on the road nor against winning record teams!

The Milkman
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
This is awesome. What a meltdown. Continue the long faces over the weekend.

LOVE IT.

doublem23
06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, they totally melted down this inning. Nice work, Carlos Marmol... you jackass!

Bring on the Baby Bears! They just finally got the 1st out this inning after hemorrhaging 7 runs.

http://www.s152539087.onlinehome.us/myspace/cubssuck/tradition2.gif

whitesoxfan1986
06-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Eyre=:gascan
BTW, I'd like to know the origin of the term "gas can" for a crappy reliever.

PeteWard
06-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Marmol comes in with a 3-1 lead, gives up two walks, two HBPs to to the first four batters :o: and Eyre comes in and coughs up the salami to Crawford. I hope this game goes at least another hour and the Cubs hit Chi-town as the birdies wake up!!:gulp:

rustysurf83
06-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow, the wheels fell off quickly in this one. Keep working the pen Rays!!!:D:

PeteWard
06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Eyre=

I have a theory: when Oil Can Boyd hit the skids and some wise ass changed his nickname?

WhiteSox5187
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a theory: when Oil Can Boyd hit the skids and some wise ass changed his nickname?
It dates back well before Oil Can Boyd I suspect...although, here's a bit of trivia. The term "Out of left field" is also Cubs related. Way back when they played on the West Side their old stadium was the West Side Grounds was built across the street from a mental institution in left field and it was not uncommon for some of the patients to break out of the institution and run into left field before being caught.

#1swisher
06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, the wheels fell off quickly in this one. Keep working the pen Rays!!!:D:
no kidding...have you seen Pinella(he looks ready to explode)

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
At the start of this series I warned the Cub fan in my office about Crawford. Told him all 29 teams spend their time scheming how to get him from the Rays.

Now he knows what I was talking about.

veeter
06-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Two things. Marmol is on pace for about 90 appearances. Lou is burning him out. And how long before the cubs say they'll package Cedeno and Marshall for Crawford. I hate the ****ing cubs.

Bump34
06-19-2008, 09:08 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go get 'em this weekend!!!
:bandance::bandance::bandance:

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 09:09 PM

Hey! Aren't you working right now??

Good to see ya!

Bump34
06-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Celebrating!!! :gulp::gulp::gulp:

SoxandtheCityTee
06-19-2008, 09:13 PM

Thank you, and :roflmao:on the Santo-ism!

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Who else thinks it's totally cool that Bump has us on his 'puter while he's working?

We know you miss us.....we miss you, too!

Good show this week there and here.

chaerulez
06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
At the start of this series I warned the Cub fan in my office about Crawford. Told him all 29 teams spend their time scheming how to get him from the Rays.

Now he knows what I was talking about.

If you have to warn a fan about how good Carl Crawford is, they aren't much of a baseball fan.

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 09:17 PM
If you have to warn a fan about how good Carl Crawford is, they aren't much of a baseball fan.
National League guy. He'd heard of him, I just told him he better than what he has read.

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Thank you, and :roflmao:on the Santo-ism!

That could either be a Santo or a Chris Berman a la Game 2 of the '05 ALDS. Very funny indeed!

I'm glad that our Sox had a day game today and don't have to travel. Meanwhile, the Cubs had a night game and have to travel to play a day game tomorrow after having been SWEPT IN TAMPA!!! I'd say it's advantage Sox tomorrow.

*I'll also add that the batting practice the Pirates gave our Sox couldn't have come at a better time.

manders_01
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
That could either be a Santo or a Chris Berman a la Game 2 of the '05 ALDS. Very funny indeed!

I'm glad that our Sox had a day game today and don't have to travel. Meanwhile, the Cubs had a night game and have to travel to play a day game tomorrow after having been SWEPT IN TAMPA!!! I'd say it's advantage Sox tomorrow.

*I'll also add that the batting practice the Pirates gave our Sox couldn't have come at a better time.

Sonofa!!! I totally forgot tomorrow is a day game and I have to drive up to Laramie in the morning to hold my GC's hand! Crap crappity crap crap! Hopefully I'll be back before the whole thing's over. :(:

UofCSoxFan
06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
I have him on my fantasy bench this week...we set our lineups once a week and I had him benched for his suspension and forgot about it until it was too late....:angry:

VenturaFan23
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I have him on my fantasy bench this week...

I don't. :bandance:

soltrain21
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
National League guy. He'd heard of him, I just told him he better than what he has read.

That still doesn't make sense.

Jerome
06-19-2008, 11:47 PM
LOLOL

normally not a Cub hater but this series was sweet, makes the Sox ineptitude down in Tampa a little more bearable. If the best team in baseball can go and look like complete **** down there, so can we.

thomas35forever
06-20-2008, 12:01 AM
I loooooooove how we have all the momentum going into this series!!!!!! Let's make the bleacher idiots throw more trash on the "shrine" known as Wrigley Field.:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2008, 12:03 AM
LOLOL

normally not a Cub hater but this series was sweet, makes the Sox ineptitude down in Tampa a little more bearable. If the best team in baseball can go and look like complete **** down there, so can we.
Fixed it for you.

gobears1987
06-20-2008, 01:41 AM
OHHHH NOOO!! Through his legs everybody's safe.

gobears1987
06-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Sort of changing the subject, but the entire NL is getting trashed by the AL. shocking

LITTLE NELL
06-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Sort of changing the subject, but the entire NL is getting trashed by the AL. shocking
So far AL playing .590 against NL

PorkChopExpress
06-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Eyre=:gascan

I imagine it just has to do with "pouring gasoline on a fire," as in making an already bad situation worse.

kevingrt
06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
You guys all have to listen to Willis call of Crawford's grand slam. He gets so pumped it is awesome. One of the best calls and you know are former pre and post game show guy loves sweeping the Cubs.

White City
06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Origin of "gas can"

Back in the day, relief pitchers were known as "firemen." They came in to put out fires, so to speak.

A "gas can" is someone who, instead of putting out the fire, exacerbates it further.

Now, it is an odd usage, since "arsonist" would be a better opposite of "fireman." But I guess arsonist sounds too negative, so "gas can" it is.

slavko
06-20-2008, 10:13 AM
It dates back well before Oil Can Boyd I suspect...although, here's a bit of trivia. The term "Out of left field" is also Cubs related. Way back when they played on the West Side their old stadium was the West Side Grounds was built across the street from a mental institution in left field and it was not uncommon for some of the patients to break out of the institution and run into left field before being caught.

Seriously? This one has the look and feel of an "Internet Fact." Seriously? Is there a cite for it?