PDA

View Full Version : I know NBD..but I get sick sometimes of being in the minority..

tony1972
06-19-2008, 08:16 PM
as a Sox fan whether with family, friends or at work...

I'm tired of Cubs and Sox arguments where it's 6 against 2....

90 percent of the time..I could care less...but sometimes don't you wish you were the majority in situations (other than at USCF)...?

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Do you work for the Cubs? Most of the people where my office is located are Sox fans and most of the Cub fans are properly respectful of our power.

whitesox901
06-19-2008, 11:06 PM
yea, at school I get into Sox/Tigers or Sox/Indians arguments, im outnumberd 500 to 1 :D:

rustysurf83
06-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I feel your pain brother, especially out West. Because the Mariners are the worst team in baseball Cub Nation seem to be the most vocal. The only Sox fans are transplants as opposed to the numerous brainwashed locals.

Edit: Sorry about the teal

DumpJerry
06-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I feel your pain brother, especially out West. Because the Mariners are the worst team in baseball Cub Nation seem to be the most vocal. The only Sox fans are transplants as opposed to the numerous brainwashed locals.
My eyes!!! They're bleeding!!!!
:tealtutor:

103 screwball
06-19-2008, 11:28 PM
It's better to make good choices than go along with the crowd. I know what you mean though. I was having the argument with Cub fans at work just the other day. Rockford cub fans are too easy to debate. I try to take it easy on them so that I don't feel bad. I kind of feel guilty sometimes. It's sort of like teasing the slow kid in class. It's cruel and there is no point to it. It's like playing fetch with a dog and it keeps running when you only pretend to throw the ball. It's funny for a while and then it just gets boring. It really pisses cub fans off when I genuinely pity them.

skobabe8
06-19-2008, 11:55 PM

90 percent of the time..I could NOT care less...but sometimes don't you wish you were the majority in situations (other than at USCF)...?

Sorry but that bugs me.

milrtyme28
06-20-2008, 12:00 AM
I work for a small business and there are about 10 people in my office. They are all cub fans and constantly give me crap. This week we had some execs from our new Mexico City branch in town and they all wanted to go see "Los White Sox", so I finally had some backup.

We went to the game on Tuesday night. It was interesting to see that they all knew the players, etc, even though they were from Mexico City. My boss was also in attendance and was very ignorant. He commented that it was a pretty park, but he probably said "these is noone here" at least 50 times.

The attendance argument gets really old.

manders_01
06-20-2008, 12:31 AM
I work for a small business and there are about 10 people in my office. They are all cub fans and constantly give me crap. This week we had some execs from our new Mexico City branch in town and they all wanted to go see "Los White Sox", so I finally had some backup.

We went to the game on Tuesday night. It was interesting to see that they all knew the players, etc, even though they were from Mexico City. My boss was also in attendance and was very ignorant. He commented that it was a pretty park, but he probably said "these is noone here" at least 50 times.

The attendance argument gets really old.

:hijacked: And the attendance argument is completely irrelevant. It's a Tuesday night! The only team that should worry about getting fans in the park are the Marlins. Otherwise, IMO, having "low" attendance during the week is not a big deal. Sorry bout the rant but that always irks me! :angry:

Nellie_Fox
06-20-2008, 01:27 AM
Sorry but that bugs me.Thanks.

soxfan21
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't really mind being in the minority. A lot of the cubs fans, especially this year, seem like they are just posers who are going along with the crowd because it is either the "cool" thing, or more "chicago" to be a cubs fan. I would rather have fans next to me that truly know their team and the game of baseball rather than a bunch of drunk or obnoxious people that claim to be "fans" of a team.

Woofer
06-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Being in the minority most of my life for all the Sox/Cubs debates has made me a better and stronger person. That's the truth.

Harry Chappas
06-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I love being in the minority when it comes to the Cubs and Sox. I like the fact that when the Sox won the series in '05, my friends, 99% of which are Cubs fans, called to congratulate me (as if I did something!). The fact that I'm a Sox fan is sort of unique - especially since I grew up in the NW suburbs and live within a mile of Wrigley.

When do I wish I wasn't in the minority? When a group of about 20 floppy-hatted-visor-wearing douche bags threw beers at my friend and I as we walked down Sheffield after a Sox/Cubs game last season. They also shouted "go back to Alsip!." At that moment, I wished I was surrounded by 20 South Siders.

minutia
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I love being in the minority when it comes to the Cubs and Sox. I like the fact that when the Sox won the series in '05, my friends, 99% of which are Cubs fans, called to congratulate me (as if I did something!). The fact that I'm a Sox fan is sort of unique - especially since I grew up in the NW suburbs and live within a mile of Wrigley.

When do I wish I wasn't in the minority? When a group of about 20 floppy-hatted-visor-wearing douche bags threw beers at my friend and I as we walked down Sheffield after a Sox/Cubs game last season. They also shouted "go back to Alsip!." At that moment, I wished I was surrounded by 20 South Siders.
OMG That is awful. I would never do that to someone. And what is wrong with Alsip? They have a cool water tower.

On another note, I have been getting ragged on all week at work about how Sox secuirty will throw you out if you throw a ball back on the field. Something along the lines of "How dare the Sox ruin such a rich tradition". I pointed out that MLB has a rule that nothing is to be thrown on the field. I went on further to say that it is pretty disrepectful to the game in general. Give the ball to a kid and get over it. This guy continued with the rich tradition crap. I finally ended it with a look who I am arguing with, for you losing is also a rich tradition for the Cubs too, you are right stick with your traditions.

WSox597
06-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I work with a Cub fan, who strangely enough, is from Alsip.

I wonder how that would make those idiots react?

MsSoxVixen22
06-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Do you work for the Cubs? Most of the people where my office is located are Sox fans and most of the Cub fans are properly respectful of our power.

You're lucky! It's just the opposite at my work and the Cub fans here are anything but respectful of us Sox fans. :angry:

DrGiggles
06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I have a lot of Cubs fans at work, but I'll tell you what. When the Cubs are doing bad they are just as bad as any other fan about putting their team/staff down. It is hard sometimes working with them when the Cubs are doing good and the Sox are doing bad. A lot of the women reps (I say this because their are only women in our customer service, no offense to anyone) are kind of bandwagon fans who say they like the Cubs and Sox equal, but it is hell to deal with only when the Cubs are winning. In a note, 80% of the Cubs fans at work said if the Cubs don't win the world series this year they are converting to Sox fans which I found pretty funny.

soltrain21
06-21-2008, 11:16 AM

90 percent of the time..I could care less...but sometimes don't you wish you were the majority in situations (other than at USCF)...?

Why do people do that all the time?

rwcescato
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
:hijacked: And the attendance argument is completely irrelevant. It's a Tuesday night! The only team that should worry about getting fans in the park are the Marlins. Otherwise, IMO, having "low" attendance during the week is not a big deal. Sorry bout the rant but that always irks me! :angry:

Exactly. 1st words out of cubs fans mouths are always attendance.
who cares. I did not know they got paid for each person in attendance. We are back to our normal 25,000 fans. Its fine with me. The crowd is always loud and joyful.
Rich

ws05champs
06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
In my garden, I am heavily outnumbered by the ants. But just like Cubs fans, they are fairly easy to crush if I so choose.