PDA

View Full Version : Well, Osuna fooled them in the 8th....


Tragg
05-06-2002, 11:28 PM
so with Glover, Howry and Foulke in the pen, let's let the Kenny Williams handpicked stud fool them in the 9th.
This is ridiculous. Never take clayton out of the lineup. When lefties pitch against us, make sure that a primary right handed lineup is as weak as possible.
What clutch pitching has Osuna provided the Sox since his acquisition?

HawkDJ
05-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
so with Glover, Howry and Foulke in the pen, let's let the Kenny Williams handpicked stud fool them in the 9th.
This is ridiculous. Never take clayton out of the lineup. When lefties pitch against us, make sure that a primary right handed lineup is as weak as possible.
What clutch pitching has Osuna provided the Sox since his acquisition?

Foulke was basically out since he is notorious for blowing tied ball games. Glover is starting tomorrow so he is out. That leaves either Howry or Osuna which is the debate in another thread.

Tragg
05-06-2002, 11:34 PM
Well, I see Clayton didn't play tonight - my mistake. I walked in to listen to the 8th and 9th and didn't realize that.

I don't know - it's just that he was so bad in the 8th, that i couldn't believe he comes back out for the 9th.

And although it's a subject for another thread, we could also use an upgrade at utlility infielder. Graff is awful.

voodoochile
05-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Well, I see Clayton didn't play tonight - my mistake. I walked in to listen to the 8th and 9th and didn't realize that.

I don't know - it's just that he was so bad in the 8th, that i couldn't believe he comes back out for the 9th.

And although it's a subject for another thread, we could also use an upgrade at utlility infielder. Graff is awful.

You know, I thought Osuna had Young K'd two pitches before the tying single. If they call the strike, Foulke pitches the ninth...

I know it is one strike and I don't like to blame umps for losing games, but just thought it should be pointed out... Osuna didn't get the call, it ended up costing us.

MikeKreevich
05-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


You know, I thought Osuna had Young K'd two pitches before the tying single. If they call the strike, Foulke pitches the ninth...

I know it is one strike and I don't like to blame umps for losing games, but just thought it should be pointed out... Osuna didn't get the call, it ended up costing us.
I totally agree. An inside fastball had a lot of the plate.
Even though, Osuna shouldn't have started the ninth with the two lefties coming up.

GASHWOUND
05-06-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Well, I see Clayton didn't play tonight - my mistake. I walked in to listen to the 8th and 9th and didn't realize that.

I don't know - it's just that he was so bad in the 8th, that i couldn't believe he comes back out for the 9th.

And although it's a subject for another thread, we could also use an upgrade at utlility infielder. Graff is awful.

Clayton got his tooth pulled out today, so thats why he didn't play. But whats weird is that everybody here wants him out of the line-up or JM to pinch hit for him, but rightnow on the J.Hood post game show he, alng with the other Sox fans are ripping JM for NOT starting Royce. Of course they didn't know he had his tooth pulled out. So which is it?
andGraf isn't awful, why would you say that? He's hittng over .300 I hink, has had some key hits and RBIs for the limited time he's played, I think he's a wonderful utility infielder.

GASHWOUND
05-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
so with Glover, Howry and Foulke in the pen, let's let the Kenny Williams handpicked stud fool them in the 9th.
This is ridiculous. Never take clayton out of the lineup. When lefties pitch against us, make sure that a primary right handed lineup is as weak as possible.
What clutch pitching has Osuna provided the Sox since his acquisition?

Yeah, like it was mentioned before Glover will be making his 1st start tomorrow, so he's out. I know Howry pitched yesterday, but my memory is a little off, so he must have pitched a fe times in that OAK series for JM not to bring him out, you know JM...he'll pitch Howry 3 consecutive days if needed, so he must not have been availale. And we were on the road, thats why I think Foulke didn't come on. If we were at home he might of been in, but not in a tie game, you bring him in with the lead.

Kilroy
05-07-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile


You know, I thought Osuna had Young K'd two pitches before the tying single. If they call the strike, Foulke pitches the ninth...

I know it is one strike and I don't like to blame umps for losing games, but just thought it should be pointed out... Osuna didn't get the call, it ended up costing us.

You are so right about this. I was livid!!! That ****in pitch to Young was right down the heart of the plate. Not only that one, but same thing to Greer in the 9th. It's easy to hit when you know you're gonna get a fat pitch to swing at.

Just once I wanna hear Hawk lose it over one of those and just yell "That was bull****!"

Kilroy
05-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Yeah, like it was mentioned before Glover will be making his 1st start tomorrow, so he's out.

Well, they way I understand it, Glover won't go much more than 5 innings unless he' s really low on the pitch count. So you have to have Marte and Howry available tomorrow.

GASHWOUND
05-07-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy


Well, they way I understand it, Glover won't go much more than 5 innings unless he' s really low on the pitch count. So you have to have Marte and Howry available tomorrow.

Good point, we have to have some fresh arms in the pen for tomorrow. And what was up with everybody going to the mound when Biddle was pitching. Farmer said that they think they saw him twinge or something. Anybody see this?

Tragg
05-07-2002, 12:51 AM
The other thing is didn't arsonist osuna come in with 2 out in the 8th? Doesn't manuel routinely bring Foulke in for the save in the 8th inning? Why not tonight?
He's costing us games.

Unregistered
05-07-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Graf isn't awful, why would you say that? He's hittng over .300 I hink, has had some key hits and RBIs for the limited time he's played, I think he's a wonderful utility infielder.

I think he's just a notch below "wonderful". Graff's hitting .260 AND tied for second on the team with 4 Errors. And thats with playing about 1/3 of the time. Normally i wouldnt even notice, but it seems like graf's crappy D this year had already cost us a couple of games. I know for a fact he had a couple TERRIBLE errors that definately cost us, and in the 3-2 loss vs. the A's on sunday the ball that rolled under his glove would have ended an inning before the 2 runs scored. It just seems like every time Graff makes an error, its a HUGE one... For a utility infielder, he's not much of a defensive replacement, and his bat is pretty damn weak.

RedPinStripes
05-07-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
The other thing is didn't arsonist osuna come in with 2 out in the 8th? Doesn't manuel routinely bring Foulke in for the save in the 8th inning? Why not tonight?
He's costing us games.

Manuel hardly ever brings foulke in the th. That's what a setup guy is for and you know keith is horrible unless it's a save situation.

RedPinStripes
05-07-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Clayton got his tooth pulled out today, so thats why he didn't play. But whats weird is that everybody here wants him out of the line-up or JM to pinch hit for him, but rightnow on the J.Hood post game show he, alng with the other Sox fans are ripping JM for NOT starting Royce. Of course they didn't know he had his tooth pulled out. So which is it?
andGraf isn't awful, why would you say that? He's hittng over .300 I hink, has had some key hits and RBIs for the limited time he's played, I think he's a wonderful utility infielder.

You have that wrong .

People want Clayton out of the lineup if Crede is with the team. If they punish crede like they are now, i want asswipe in htere. when crede is back from AAA, Royce can be the bat boy for all i care.

CLR01
05-07-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Good point, we have to have some fresh arms in the pen for tomorrow. And what was up with everybody going to the mound when Biddle was pitching. Farmer said that they think they saw him twinge or something. Anybody see this?


According to Biddle its nothing.



Manuel has his hands full trying to find enough arms to get through the next few games, which may be why he was a little concerned when he saw Biddle shaking his arm oddly.

After a visit to the mound, it turned out to be a nervous tic that made Manuel so nervous. "I'm kind of like a creature of habit, I've been doing it for so long," Biddle said. "He hasn't seen me in a while so maybe he didn't remember that's kind of what I do. I do it, it's just a habit."

CLR01
05-07-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Yeah, like it was mentioned before Glover will be making his 1st start tomorrow, so he's out. I know Howry pitched yesterday, but my memory is a little off, so he must have pitched a fe times in that OAK series for JM not to bring him out, you know JM...he'll pitch Howry 3 consecutive days if needed, so he must not have been availale. And we were on the road, thats why I think Foulke didn't come on. If we were at home he might of been in, but not in a tie game, you bring him in with the lead.


Howry picthed both saturday and sunday so JM wanted to get him some rest. Keith pitched 2 of the last 3 and JM didnt want to lose him for 2 days. Atleast that is what he says.