PDA

View Full Version : Manuel threatens to cut Jose Reyes for tossing helmet

BringBackBlkJack
06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
***Oops, I should have specified that he meant cut with a knife, not cut off the team.***

I don't want to violate copyrights so I'll simply post the link. The quote in question is in the 3rd paragraph.
(http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/2008/06/18/2008-06-18_jerry_manuel_pitches_in_to_help_david_wr.html)
There is not a stretch of my imagination that could create a scenario where hearing Jerry Manuel say these words would come off as plausible. Even though I'm sure he was joking I still can't see it in jest out of that guy. I guess he's really taking a "hands-on" approach this time around...

ondafarm
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Atta boy Jerry! That'll motivate your Cub Scouts -errh players.

I meant to call them "players".

doublem23
06-19-2008, 09:16 AM
I can only imagine what would happen if Ozzie Guillen were to let something like that slip.

:moron
It would make my day!

BringBackBlkJack
06-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I can only imagine what would happen if Ozzie Guillen were to let something like that slip.

I was thinking that as well... I'm sure the Windsock would blow it up but I would think a quip like that wouldn't be as surprising coming from Ozzie. Manuel was always so stoic and seemingly introverted... He was the last person I would expect to hear this from. Ozzie? Wouldn't be a big shock.

jabrch
06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Not a good start to his role as manager of the Muts...

Maybe we need to help them separate Reyes from Manuel. Jerry's in it for the long haul - I assume - so... :-)

palehozenychicty
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I was thinking that as well... I'm sure the Windsock would blow it up but I would think a quip like that wouldn't be as surprising coming from Ozzie. Manuel was always so stoic and seemingly introverted... He was the last person I would expect to hear this from. Ozzie? Wouldn't be a big shock.

He's opened up some since being with the Mets, though. We'll see if he can find a balance for the rest of the season, but yesterday's comeback win was a good start. I will say this about Manuel, is that he doesn't fear confrontation in the clubhouse.

hi im skot
06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
"I'll cut you. I'll cut you so bad, you wish I no cut you so bad."

The Immigrant
06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Is Jerry Manuel gonna have to choke a *****?

Oblong
06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Maybe he meant cut him like Eddie Murphy did in Trading Places.

"I am a chain belt in Kung Fu, Bruce Lee was my teacher, watch this"

"That's the quart of blood technique. Do that and a quart of blood drop out of a man's body"

the1tab
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Jerry's next trick: Jesse Ventura giving pregame pep talks about not having time to bleed, and Bishop Don Magic Juan instituting a Pimp Chalice Only rule for the Gatorade jug between innings

Lip Man 1
06-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Manager Gandhi has already started with his stupidity. There's a story at MLB.com on the Mets titled "Manuel resting his stars for the long run...'

:o:

Sounds like Gandhi is continuing his "tradition" of using the spring training lineup on getaway days.

Lip

WSox597
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Manager Gandhi has already started with his stupidity. There's a story at MLB.com on the Mets titled "Manuel resting his stars for the long run...'

:o:

Sounds like Gandhi is continuing his "tradition" of using the spring training lineup on getaway days.

Lip

And look how well that worked out for him. :D:

slavko
06-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Talk about deja vu! It's like this Manuel stuff has been freeze dried for 4 years and water was just thrown on it. Bring back those old threads. Seriously, he's in a wonderful position. There's a remote chance his talent will wake up and make him look like a genius, the same way it made Randolph look incompetent. (which neither is)

thomas35forever
06-20-2008, 01:21 AM
"Mr. Manuel, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Ziggy S
06-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Hmmm, treat the guy who is probably the best player on the team like he's the worst? We never saw this before with the way Manuel treated Big Frank, right?

Hey Mets, if you're stupid enough to cut him, we can take a flyer on little Jose and he can make plays behind Big Old Man Jose every five days. I gotta talk to my best Army buddy about this shizzle. He's a huge Mets fan and hates the Yankees more than me and he don't like the Scrubs, neither.

ondafarm
06-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Hmmm, treat the guy who is probably the best player on the team like he's the worst? We never saw this before with the way Manuel treated Big Frank, right?

Hey Mets, if you're stupid enough to cut him, we can take a flyer on little Jose and he can make plays behind Big Old Man Jose every five days. I gotta talk to my best Army buddy about this shizzle. He's a huge Mets fan and hates the Yankees more than me and he don't like the Scrubs, neither.

Ziggy, if I've never said it before to you, "Thank you for your service."