PDA

View Full Version : No going back to SS for Jose?

MaggPipes
05-06-2002, 08:22 PM
If he would ever play there again would he not play SS tonight and Graff play 3rd??? I see a hiddend message in there.

bjmarte
05-06-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
If he would ever play there again would he not play SS tonight and Graff play 3rd??? I see a hiddend message in there.
I think it just means that they want him to be the everyday third baseman this year so they don't want to screw around having him play other positions. I don't think it means they wouldn't make him the everyday shortstop next year.

doublem23
05-06-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

I think it just means that they want him to be the everyday third baseman this year so they don't want to screw around having him play other positions. I don't think it means they wouldn't make him the everyday shortstop next year.

Yeah, i agree... If Jose's not goung to be your everday SS, there's no sense in playing him there one day.

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2002, 10:48 AM
I'm a big Tony fan but he has shown over the past two years that 3rd is his worst infield position. Balls always seem to take odd bounces at bad times when he plays there. He has already cost us a couple of games this year with poor defense at third.