PDA

View Full Version : Sirotka may pitch this year

HawkDJ
05-06-2002, 07:35 PM
It was thought he needed surgery again and would miss at least the rest of this season but now says he feels great.
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20020506&content_id=19434&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

doublem23
05-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Sweet! I always liked Mike, and I was sad to see him go, especially now since we, in reality got nothing in return. Damn, I wish Selig didn't make us give Matt DeWitt back to Toronto.

bc2k
05-06-2002, 09:51 PM
August 26, 27, 28 the Sox play Toronto at home.
September 2, 3, 4 the Sox play away at Toronto.

If Sirotka is as close to pitching as the article said, I would expect he would be pitching by the time he plays the Sox.

DrCrawdad
05-07-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Sweet! I always liked Mike, and I was sad to see him go, especially now since we, in reality got nothing in return. Damn, I wish Selig didn't make us give Matt DeWitt back to Toronto.

I think Matt DeWitt is now pitching with San Diego.

I wish Sirotka the best. However, I don't wish to have his success haunt us Sox fans, much like Cy Fogg beating Randy Johnson on Monday night.

- DrCrawdad

34 Inch Stick
05-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Isn't his contract up at the end of this year? How about a late season trade between the Sox and Blew Jays. Parque for Sirotka.

Iwritecode
05-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Isn't his contract up at the end of this year? How about a late season trade between the Sox and Blew Jays. Parque for Sirotka.

Why trade him when you could get him as a free agent? Plus, I doubt we would want him back. With the way our pitchers have been looking after their surgery, I'm sure he won't be back to 100% for at least a year or more.

bc2k
05-08-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Why trade him when you could get him as a free agent? Plus, I doubt we would want him back. With the way our pitchers have been looking after their surgery, I'm sure he won't be back to 100% for at least a year or more.

Plus this clubhouse doesn't need Sirotka's bitching. Anyone else recall him ripping Caruso and Norton in the papers? He isn't even good, the Sox have seven better starters than Sirotka right now. So until we need an eighth starter in a five man rotation, screw this punk.

Plus he said how he enjoyed his time in Chicago and would like to come back after his contract expires - but on the north side of town. F'n Cubs fan, **** me Sirotka.

kermittheefrog
05-08-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

Plus this clubhouse doesn't need Sirotka's bitching. Anyone else recall him ripping Caruso and Norton in the papers? He isn't even good, the Sox have seven better starters than Sirotka right now. So until we need an eighth starter in a five man rotation, screw this punk.

Plus he said how he enjoyed his time in Chicago and would like to come back after his contract expires - but on the north side of town. F'n Cubs fan, **** me Sirotka.

Are we still sure he's not a troll?

Kilroy
05-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Are we still sure he's not a troll?

Well, I remember Sirotka saying those things about maybe coming back to play for the Cubs, so he's not trolling...

bc2k
05-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Well, I remember Sirotka saying those things about maybe coming back to play for the Cubs, so he's not trolling...

Thank you Kilroy.