PDA

View Full Version : How Will They Blow it?

soxwon
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
It's 2009 and we look back at how the Cubs messed up.
Heres a chance for everyone, to see how you think, the Flubs will blow it?
Who'll get injured, who'll get a sore arm, Who will be the goat?
If you had to write a short synopsis on how they blew the 08 season do it now!!!!

RTI_SoxFan
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
They got beat by the better team just to South of them...

The 2008 World Champion Chicago White Sox.

MCHSoxFan
06-17-2008, 05:20 PM
They got beat by the better team just to South of them...

The 2008 World Champion Chicago White Sox.

That is EXACTLY what happens!

hi im skot
06-17-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm feeling some bad karma in this thread.

whitesox901
06-17-2008, 05:25 PM
when i read the title, I thought it was about the Sox, oh man was my keyboard gonna get it if it was true:tongue:

AJ Hellraiser
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
The Cubs are going to make the playoffs, I don't see how anyone here can argue otherwise.... they are better than last season and they have no competition within the division... Brewers are underachieving and the Cardinals aren't that good to begin with and extremely injured...

That being said, I see some unfortunate injuries around the time of the playoffs..

Wood gets worn out from throwing more innings than he has since 2003...

Zambrano throws another of his trademark temper tantrums and breaks his hand while punching a locker (or a teammates face)...

Their main problem is a lack of pitching, so if these 2 go down they are in trouble for a long postseason run...

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I seriously think Lou's management of his pitching staff will bite them in the ass at the end.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I understand this is in WTS, and WTS is where Cub stuff goes...

But can we focus instead on How Will They Make It?, with they being the White Sox?

spiffie
06-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I understand this is in WTS, and WTS is where Cub stuff goes...

But can we focus instead on How Will They Make It?, with they being the White Sox?
If only I had the capacity to think on two subjects in the same day, then I could ponder both of those topics. Oh damn you single-tracked mind!

Soxman219
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm feeling some bad karma in this thread.

I already posted this a few days ago, stop making threads how the Cubs will blow it. Someone made the Blue Jays beating the Cubs thread and the Cubs won the next two. Karma will come back and bite you if people aren't careful. Odds are the Cubs will probably make it unless the pitching collapses, but then that offense will just carry them. Again, I hate the Flubs with all my heart but i'm being realistic.

Madvora
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I haven't been following the Cubs real close this year, but it's always the bullpen that gets them, so it might as well be that again.

The Critic
06-17-2008, 06:13 PM
They'd be in a bad situation if Marmol's elbow ever blows up from the slider/slider/slider act he performs most of the time.
That and Wood's perennial health concerns could thin their bullpen out in a hurry. Howry as closer = bad times.

ILuvThatDuck
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM
:whocares:

Rockin Robin
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
The Cubsession here knows no bounds.

Unbelievable.

cws05champ
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
:threadsucks

Sorry....someone had to say it.

doublem23
06-17-2008, 08:12 PM
:threadsucks

Sorry....someone had to say it.

:threadrules:

When did making fun of the Cubs get old? Jeez some of you folks need to lighten up.

cws05champ
06-17-2008, 08:23 PM
:threadrules:

When did making fun of the Cubs get old? Jeez some of you folks need to lighten up.
I'm all for for Cub bashing, I don't like them at all. But I think this thread is stupid in mid June especially considering we haven't faced off with them yet. A little premature don't you think?

OldRomanPizza
06-18-2008, 01:00 AM
How bout just an old fashioned blown umpire call?

No gimmicks, just good ol' blue!

thomas35forever
06-18-2008, 01:32 AM
How 'bout a Sox fan "pretends" to curse them again during the Crosstown Series and then they go on a three-month swoon?:redneck

Cuck the Fubs
06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I seriously think Lou's management of his pitching staff will bite them in the ass at the end.

You beat me to it:angry:

TomBradley72
06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Dempster and Wood will not be able to hold up for an entire season.
Theriot is exposed as a sub par SS for a pennant winning team
Fududome continues to hit ~.250 (his average for the past 30 days)
Continue to play .500 ball on the road, and come back to earth for home games
Marquis does his typical 2nd half swan dive
General implosion contributed to by their hyper emotional fans and the rabid media.But I don't think it will happen. I think they'll win their division.

jenn2080
06-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Not a cool thread to start when we aren't exactly consistant.

Tragg
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
It's 2009 and we look back at how the Cubs messed up.
Heres a chance for everyone, to see how you think, the Flubs will blow it?
Who'll get injured, who'll get a sore arm, Who will be the goat?
If you had to write a short synopsis on how they blew the 08 season do it now!!!!
Well, PHilly or the AL will have to take them out.
No one in their division will. People last year were counting on Milwaukee - that's ridiculous to trust them. No one in that division has enough pitching, particularly starting pitching.
And ultimately, that's what will grab the Cubs. Jason Marquis and Ted Lilly do not a championship rotation make.

And I would like to see them taken out - go the full 100. After that, I don't care anymore.

jabrch
06-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Not a cool thread to start when we aren't exactly consistant.

Hell - we can't even spell consistent...much less be consistent.

The Critic
06-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Did anyone answer "Zambrano shoulder problems"?
He just left the game mid-inning with some sort of discomfort in his throwing shoulder.

havelj
06-18-2008, 10:28 PM
"The Cubs right-hander and the organization repeatedly have denied he has any shoulder issues since he said he had a sore neck in a May 17 start against Pittsburgh. He threw 130 pitches in a May 28 start against Los Angeles, and has been inconsistent since."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/06/zambrano-out-sh.html

downstairs
06-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Newly acquired Michael Barret gets into a fist fight with Lou Pinella. Pinella is fired.

Zambrano tears a ligament celebrating a strike after being down in the count 2-1 in July.

After a tough fight for the division in September, knocking out 2 more starting pitchers, Kerry Wood is forced to start in Games 1, 3, and 5 of the ALDS. Blows an 11 run lead in the top of the 9th against the Phillies- after he has to switch up between pitching righty and lefty just to survive.

Cubbie nation goes wild as they come within one in the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded. Fukidome grounds to short, but the ball goes between the legs of the Phillies SS. Fukidome and the other three runners assume its over, and walk off the field unawares. Triple play ends the series.

ChiSoxFan7
06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Hell - we can't even spell consistent...much less be consistent.

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:quite possible on of the funniest things ever posted here :thumbsup:

soxwon
06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
How 'bout a Sox fan "pretends" to curse them again during the Crosstown Series and then they go on a three-month swoon?:redneck

I''ll Volunteer.