PDA

View Full Version : Two Idiots - Who's Biggest in the Big Apple?

the1tab
06-17-2008, 07:58 AM
A) Omar Minaya - you can look at the thread about the Mets firing Willie Randolph at 3:15 AM by press release after one game in Los Angeles. Omar wasn't available for comment, though Randolph was... and did an entire post-game press conference before getting his pink slip. Money question now is: Does Randolph still get his spot on the NL Bench for the All Star Game (at his old stomping grounds, Yankee Stadium)??

B) Hank Steinbrenner - after losing Chein-Ming Wang to a busted foot (while running in a straight line), the new source of Sports Radio's Sound Bite of the Week (every week) decided that the National League wasn't legit, saying that the NL needs to "join the 21st Century" and "stop playing with rules from the 1800s." He then crossed his arms, took his box of animal crackers, and went to his room to pout for a few hours until his mother calls him for dinner.

jabrch
06-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Minaya is a tool for the Wilpon family. It isn't his doing.

That said, Hank sounds like a complete boob at this point. Shame George doesn't just sell the franchise to someone else.

mrfourni
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I voted for Minaya because I agree with Steinbrenner on the DH rule.

asindc
06-17-2008, 10:00 AM
I voted for Minaya because I agree with Steinbrenner on the DH rule.

Even if you agree with him about the DH rule (which I don't, btw), how is that relevant to his pitcher hurting his foot while running in a straight line? Could have happened while trying to field a grounder or catch a popup or covering first base or backing up home or backing up third. Point is, that was an idiotic statement Hank made. Minaya is just doing Wilpon's dirty work.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-17-2008, 10:12 AM
I think it would have been a more difficult choice if it was the Wilpon family vs. the Steinbrenner family. I agree that Minaya is probably acting on orders from the Wilpons, but they did respond to reporters and said it was all Minaya's decision. Plus, other things I've read about them indicate that they've been playing games in the media behind Randolph's back. I understand the reasoning for firing the guy, even if it isn't totally his fault, but I think they handled it poorly.

palehozenychicty
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
It's gotta be Hank, just because his statements are a great display of nothing. :D:

Hitmenof77
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM
A) Omar Minaya - you can look at the thread about the Mets firing Willie Randolph at 3:15 AM by press release after one game in Los Angeles. Omar wasn't available for comment, though Randolph was... and did an entire post-game press conference before getting his pink slip. Money question now is: Does Randolph still get his spot on the NL Bench for the All Star Game (at his old stomping grounds, Yankee Stadium)??

B) Hank Steinbrenner - after losing Chein-Ming Wang to a busted foot (while running in a straight line), the new source of Sports Radio's Sound Bite of the Week (every week) decided that the National League wasn't legit, saying that the NL needs to "join the 21st Century" and "stop playing with rules from the 1800s." He then crossed his arms, took his box of animal crackers, and went to his room to pout for a few hours until his mother calls him for dinner.

The game was played in Anaheim, not LA.

SoxGirl4Life
06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Firing someone at 3:15 AM is pretty low-class, but I wouldn't put it all on Minaya. He's just the GM right? He may have gotten the directive from higher up.

soxfanreggie
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Not like they were going to fire him during the game though. Granted it's not the best time and probably should have been done before the road trip.