PDA

View Full Version : Cubs-Sox Article on Sportsline

Madvora
06-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Just thought I'd share this...
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10867237

I guess the only real interesting thing is the graphic on the side.
Why do we keep hearing different information on if they've both been in 1st at the same time?

mantis1212
06-16-2008, 06:01 PM
"Rather sweep the Cubs than make the playoffs?" I hate bull**** like that

Sox
06-16-2008, 06:32 PM

What supposed White Sox fans has he been talking too...........? I think that he pulled that quote out of thin air personally.........and I think he's a mole writer for the Cubs.......................

skobabe8
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
What supposed White Sox fans has he been talking too...........? I think that he pulled that quote out of thin air personally.........and I think he's a mole writer for the Cubs.......................

He didnt quote anybody. That was his writing.

Sox
06-16-2008, 06:48 PM
He didnt quote anybody. That was his writing.
I understand that this piece is his article, the point I was trying to make was that its just the sheer lunacy of White Sox fans preferring a sweep as opposed to anything else like another World Series ring.............................

skobabe8
06-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I understand that this piece is his article, the point I was trying to make was that its just the sheer lunacy of White Sox fans preferring a sweep as opposed to anything else like another World Series ring.............................

I gotcha. And I agree.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
I like the graphic on the side. That's it.

I sent him a message too telling him if "Sox fans" do want a sweep over a playoff berth, to get the guy's name and write it as a quote. Otherwise, don't bother.

aryzner
06-17-2008, 08:25 AM
If the Sox had to get swept in all 6 games in exchange for winning a title, I'd gladly take it. I don't know what this guy is babbling about.

SoxGirl4Life
06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
If the Sox had to get swept in all 6 games in exchange for winning a title, I'd gladly take it. I don't know what this guy is babbling about.

I'm with you on this one. And I'm guessing this should be in "What's the Score"

cheezheadsoxfan
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
We were 11.5 games out by June 22 last year!:o: Forgot how bad it was.

asindc
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM

I haven't met a Sox fan who feels differently. While beating the Cubs is mighty satisfying, no one who is a true Sox fan would take a sweep over the Cubs over winning the WS. That's just pure bull****.

DumpJerry
06-17-2008, 01:38 PM
The writer's name is Knobler. By the way, there will be no Crosstown World Series this year. The Phillies are kicking ass and taking numbers.

It's Time
06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
, there will be no Crosstown World Series this year. The Phillies are kicking ass and taking numbers.

:?: Not too sure I'd come close to agreeing with that. They are good, but I don't know that they will be going to the series.

DSpivack
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
:?: Not too sure I'd come close to agreeing with that. They are good, but I don't know that they will be going to the series.

I don't see the teams as that different. Great lineups, questionable starting pitching. Except that the nod in both probably goes to the Cubs.

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
The writer's name is Knobler. By the way, there will be no Crosstown World Series this year. The Phillies are kicking ass and taking numbers.
Agreed! It will be a Phillies/D-Backs NLCS this year. The Cubs will find another way to break their fans' hearts.
I haven't met a Sox fan who feels differently. While beating the Cubs is mighty satisfying, no one who is a true Sox fan would take a sweep over the Cubs over winning the WS. That's just pure bull****.
Right on! If 6 losses in June to the Cubs would guarantee us of winning the World Series, I'd take it without thinking twice. I don't know what that writer was thinking about!

btrain929
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Agreed! It will be a Phillies/D-Backs NLCS this year. The Cubs will find another way to break their fans' hearts.

Right on! If 6 losses in June to the Cubs would guarantee us of winning the World Series, I'd take it without thinking twice. I don't know what that writer was thinking about!

I'd like to recommend that the Twins, Indians, and Tigers also lose at least 4, if not 5 games in that same time span as well :D:

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd like to recommend that the Twins, Indians, and Tigers also lose at least 4, if not 5 games in that same time span as well :D:

I definitely agree with that. We don't want to have such a tight divisional race the entire rest of the season causing a baseball-indicued montezuma's revenge.

bigsoxfan420
06-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I think I am getting so ****ing sick of this series. I don't even care any more, we should play the Yankees or Bo Sox more and have the "Cross-Town Classic" as an exhibition game.