PDA

View Full Version : Mlb.tv

BlackHat91
06-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I know this has been posted about before, but I can't find it in the search feature. I was thinking about signing up for it to watch Sox games since I can only catch a few games here in the Twin Cities on regular TV.

So who has a subscription, and what do you think about it?

MarySwiss
06-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I know this has been posted about before, but I can't find it in the search feature. I was thinking about signing up for it to watch Sox games since I can only catch a few games here in the Twin Cities on regular TV.

So who has a subscription, and what do you think about it?
I've had it for a few years, and I plan to continue it. The quality of the picture is not the greatest, I hate it that you don't get the Saturday backout games, and you do have to sit through some tedious "other guy" announncing teams, but it still enables you to keep up with the Sox, so to me, it's worth it.

voodoochile
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I've had it 3 or 4 years now (maybe longer) and it works fine for me. I only have the cheapest subscription too and 90% of the time I get regular images - like watching on TV though slightly lower quality.

I get close to 150 games a year between MLB and the few I get on WGN/ESPN, and it feels like more this year since they lowered the blackout restrictions.

In short, I highly recommend it.

DSpivack
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I've had it for a few years, and I plan to continue it. The quality of the picture is not the greatest, I hate it that you don't get the Saturday backout games, and you do have to sit through some tedious "other guy" announncing teams, but it still enables you to keep up with the Sox, so to me, it's worth it.

It's not perfect, but it does seem that the picture quality and stability has been improving over the years.

FedEx227
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I think it's awesome, 100% recommend.

downstairs
06-16-2008, 12:46 PM
I like it more for the archiving than the live games, though I watch live games when I'm in the office during afternoons.

The archiving basically gives you every single MLB game for the current year (I think you can even go back a few years). So if you hear of a great play, or something really cool that happened last night- you can easily find it and watch it.

TOTALLY worth it.

FedEx227
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I like it more for the archiving than the live games, though I watch live games when I'm in the office during afternoons.

The archiving basically gives you every single MLB game for the current year (I think you can even go back a few years). So if you hear of a great play, or something really cool that happened last night- you can easily find it and watch it.

TOTALLY worth it.

That's my best part as well. The day after the Rangers dropped 30 on Baltimore I sat down with some lunch and watched the game.

I want Mags back
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM

TOTALLY worth it.

yea the archives are great.
And I love the syndicated games. They show the last pitch of almost every AB and any steal plays and the whole game is like 9 minutes that way

whitesox901
06-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I like it, it fills the gaps between WGN, ESPN, FOX, FSN Detroit & Sportstime Ohio (Indians Feed),

I recomend it,

eastchicagosoxfan
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I've had it 3 or 4 years now (maybe longer) and it works fine for me. I only have the cheapest subscription too and 90% of the time I get regular images - like watching on TV though slightly lower quality.

I get close to 150 games a year between MLB and the few I get on WGN/ESPN, and it feels like more this year since they lowered the blackout restrictions.

In short, I highly recommend it.
I remember a thread awhile back that discussed blackouts. Is there any chance that local restrictions will be lifted soon?

DSpivack
06-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I remember a thread awhile back that discussed blackouts. Is there any chance that local restrictions will be lifted soon?

I doubt that ever happens.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
don't get it? What would be the difference between watching the broadcast on local TV, or paying a fee to watch that same broadcast on a PC?