PDA

View Full Version : Sox to join teams with injured stars?

the1tab
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
In the past couple weeks we've seen the largest number of pennant influencial players go on the DL that I can remember in this short a time span in the last 20 years. Consider this list:

Victor Martinez
Albert Pujols
John Smoltz
Alfonso Soriano
David Ortiz
Travis Hafner
Rafael Furcal

Today, we saw Yadier Molina go down in a nasty collision in St Louis and apparently the White Sox are in danger of losing Paul Konerko for some time to a rib cage injury.

Any news on the Konerko situation? Timetable?

DumpJerry
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Seek (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102419) and ye shall find.

:searchfirst:

the1tab
06-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Have we ever seen the number or quality of players go down at one time as we've seen the last couple weeks? Consider this list:

Albert Pujols
David Ortiz
Alfonso Soriano
John Smoltz
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Fausto Carmona
Rafael Furcal
Adam Wainwright
Victor Martinez
Travis Hafner

On Saturday, Xavier Nady hurt a shoulder going into a wall. No DL time yet.

and then on Sunday, the Yankees might have lost Wang to a foot injury, the Cardinals might have lost Yadier Molina in a nasty collision at the plate, and the White Sox might have lost Konerko to a rib cage injury...

Any word on Konerko's ribs? And how might these injuries affect the playoff race/trade deadline?

Wow.

gobears1987
06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Pujols has to run away with this one.

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Doesn't get much bigger than Esteban Loaiza. :D:

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2008, 02:51 AM
You already have this thread going in the clubhouse. Closed.

voodoochile
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
You already have this thread going in the clubhouse. Closed.

Actually, I moved the original poll thread out of the Clubhouse because it doesn't seem to have much to do with the Sox (not even a Sox player option in the poll). I guess Tab got confused and restarted it.

No one much responded anyway. I find the title and contents confusing, but I reopened it here in case anyone is less confused and wants to reply.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Given the choices on the poll it is Pujols without a doubt. Who is the most dangerous hitter in that lineup now? Ludwick?

eriqjaffe
06-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Doesn't get much bigger than Esteban Loaiza. :D:That's right, the Sox have lost the services of a TWO TIME ALL STAR!

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I have to say that I personally think the Rockies have been hit the worst by the injury bug. For a while, they had 2/3 of their outfield out, and their CF hurting, plus two SS on the DL and their 3B with neck and back spasms. Something like four or five relievers and a starter as well on the DL.

Unfortunately for the Sox, some of these guys started coming back just before this series.

Still, I voted for Pujols, because I think he has the most impact of any individual player in the game.

SoxSpeed22
06-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Chein-Ming Wang should be added to that list with a partially torn tendon in his foot. Even with that offense, the Yankees rotation is in disarray.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3446851

alohafri
06-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Chein-Ming Wang should be added to that list with a partially torn tendon in his foot. Even with that offense, the Yankees rotation is in disarray.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3446851

Word on the street is that he could be out the rest of the season.