Woo-Woo was going to be a star

then Bud Selig lowered the boom :tongue:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/ourtown/080612/index.php?cAction=

VeeckAsInWreck
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
It has Oscar written all over it.

Boondock Saint
06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Ronnie Woo-Woo is pathetic and annoying. His story is not one of perseverance. He has it easier than many people actually working for a living, yet he gets free dentures and playoff tickets including airfare from people because he's "cool".

God, I wish people would just let his "celebrity" die.

The Critic
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Some idiot will finance this like they've financed the rest of his life.
Funny what a pair of blue-striped pajamas will do for you.

SoxGirl4Life
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Ronnie Woo-Woo is pathetic and annoying. His story is not one of perseverance. He has it easier than many people actually working for a living, yet he gets free dentures and playoff tickets including airfare from people because he's "cool".

God, I wish people would just let his "celebrity" die.

He's not cool. He's gross.. and creepy..

#1swisher
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Some idiot will finance this like they've financed the rest of his life.
Funny what a pair of blue-striped pajamas will do for you.

:lol: lol

russ99
06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
One of my friends saw Woo-Woo at a recent Sox game. He stood outside the gate in full Cubs uniform, posing for pictures.

I thought southsiders were above that.

Viva Medias B's
06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
One of my friends saw Woo-Woo at a recent Sox game. He stood outside the gate in full Cubs uniform, posing for pictures.

I thought southsiders were above that.

I saw him hanging out with people at the fast food place at 35th and Normal during the Minnesota series.

Rocky Soprano
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I saw him hanging out with people at the fast food place at 35th and Normal during the Minnesota series.

I've seen him there a few times, he stands there hoping someone will buy him some food.

bigsoxfan420
06-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I've seen him there a few times, he stands there hoping someone will buy him some food.

:rolling:

North Sox Sider
06-18-2008, 04:08 PM
He was, actually, on my train after the Sox game last Friday night. He was by himself and to my amazement no one was heckling him. Until, I of course, took it upon myself to remind him through some Woo Woo Wooing that the Sox had won and the cubs had lost. He wasnt pleased and looked the other way. What a Goof!!

StillMissOzzie
06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
It has Oscar written all over it.

Oscar Mayer, maybe.

SMO
:rolleyes:

TheCommander
06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I liked the part about the lawyer hiring him to entertain at birthday parties.:?: I hope he knows how to make balloon animals.

The Critic
06-19-2008, 10:22 AM
I liked the part about the lawyer hiring him to entertain at birthday parties.:?: I hope he knows how to make balloon animals.

Balloon goats, maybe?
:D:

PatK
06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I always used to see him walking as a dog walker, walking about 5-6 dogs around my condo.

It would be 6 a.m., and he'd be doing it in his Cubs uniform.

UofCSoxFan
06-22-2008, 12:59 AM
I saw him in his pajamas after the game on Friday and I had read this post before the game. Why didn't I bring this up???? Damn! Damn! Damn!

I did yell Go Sox! at him though.

TDog
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM

I was in Chicago for a few days and saw him twice. The first time, he was getting on a CTA train at Clark and Division Thursday night. The next he was walking up Michigan Avenue Sunday afternoon. On both occasions, he was alone.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I was in Chicago for a few days and saw him twice. The first time, he was getting on a CTA train at Clark and Division Thursday night. The next he was walking up Michigan Avenue Sunday afternoon. On both occasions, he was alone.

You mean a celebrity like Ronnie doesn't have a throng of groupies with him? I'm shocked. :o:

Smokey Burg
06-26-2008, 01:16 PM
A couple of thoughts that occurred to me upon reading the article;

1) Anybody stupid enough to make a movie about a schlup who's most significant accomplishments in life are limited to a) attending cub games on mooched tickets and b) finding (begging for) enough food to survive, deserves exactly what he gets.

and

2) Bud Selig will do everything he possibly can to make sure that MLB wrings every possible cent out of the American public.