PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Be Our Lead Off Hitter?

TomBradley72
06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Several options in/out of the White Sox organization.

Who's your pick to get our offense going?

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Pods.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:12 PM
It may sound crazy but what about AJ? Sure he doesn't walk a ton but he doesn't strikeout either. Pods- who does he replace Quentin? Richar replaces who Alexei? Lofton cost and attitude is he worth it?

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for putting a poll in. Much, MUCH better way to see what people are thinking.

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
It may sound crazy but what about AJ? Sure he doesn't walk a ton but he doesn't strikeout either. Pods- who does he replace Quentin? Richar replaces who Alexei? Lofton cost and attitude is he worth it?

Pods was the DH today. BTW, in 2004, he did play center. Swish could play 1st, PK DH. Whatever, We can mix up who plays where. Just look, that is what we have been doing vs. COL.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Pods was the DH today. BTW, in 2004, he did play center. Swish could play 1st, PK DH. Whatever, We can mix up who plays where. Just look, that is what we have been doing vs. COL.
He was DH because Colorado is a NL team and they simply took their best bench player and stuck into the DH spot.

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:18 PM
He was DH because Colorado is a NL team and they simply took their best bench player and stuck into the DH spot.

Fine. What about when he played CF?

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Fine. What about when he played CF?
I didn't follow Pods when he was in Milwaukee but many people, mostly here, will tell you he is not an option for CF.

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:22 PM
I didn't follow Pods when he was in Milwaukee but many people, mostly here, will tell you he is not an option for CF.

I know they will.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I know they will.
I can only go by that otherwise my knowledge of Pods as a CF'r is nothing.

Craig Grebeck
06-15-2008, 06:24 PM
I know they will.
Probably because he's a bad CF.

Tragg
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
I'd call up Richar. He had good opb tendencies in the minors. He doesn't make a habit of swinging at balls in the dirt, a plus.

Richar COULD be a good leadoff hitter and has an upside. Ozuna and Uribe have no upside. But this field management has consistently indicated a preference for guaranteed mediocrity over upside.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Lets see what Alexei does in that spot. Move OC to the two hole and that puts AJ in a better spot to drive in runs. Would you bat him 3rd? Or ?

Stringer
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Stick with OC

best option

ChiSox89
06-15-2008, 06:44 PM
i say bring up owens cause we all know once he gets on, he is a threat to steal. he had 30 sb in a limited time last year. look what tarvares did this weekend he gets on steals second and then 3rd and like that he is in scoring position.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:45 PM
i say bring up owens cause we all know once he gets on, he is a threat to steal. he had 30 sb in a limited time last year. look what tarvares did this weekend he gets on steals second and then 3rd and like that he is in scoring position.
Problem is him getting on.

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Problem is him getting on.

Why can't we just give him another chance. Yes, he struggles there, I know. Just give him one more chance!

Garland_IS_God
06-15-2008, 06:54 PM
What would it take for us to get Willy Taveras?

MetroPD
06-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Pods? Is this a joke?

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 06:58 PM
What would it take for us to get Willy Taveras?
Like Pods is what we have to give up worth a minimal upgrade?

CLR01
06-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Pods? Is this a joke?

Unfortunately no.

Craig Grebeck
06-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Why can't we just give him another chance. Yes, he struggles there, I know. Just give him one more chance!
Where does he play?

It's Time
06-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Sign Lofton. Granted, his D is not very good but he is a pest.

Craig Grebeck
06-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Where do people want to stick Lofton/Owens?

Bucky F. Dent
06-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Stick w/ O.C.

Only other viable option on that list is to move A.Ram. to the top spot. I love what I've seen of the kid, but it seems to early to put that kind of pressure on him, might cause him to regress.

That said, is there any chance that anyone knows where he batted in the order in Cuba?

WhiteSox5187
06-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I went with other...Cabrera is much better suited for batting second. I'm kind of curious to see what Alexei could do leading off, but he seems to swing at almost everything, but maybe he could learn to be more selective? Owens I wouldn't mind giving another shot, but I'm not sure where he would play. Lofton can still get on a lot, but I think his days as being a great base stealer are over, might be wrong though, he did steal thirty last year, no? Also he brings an attitude problem...Pods? No, sorry. I love him, but his days here are gone. Thanks.

JB98
06-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I voted that the Sox should stick with Cabrera, although I agree with those who do not feel he is ideal for that spot. However, he is the best option we have, IMO.

Ramirez is a rookie, still learning how to be an MLB player. Let's keep him at the bottom of the order. Keep the pressure off him, and let him go through the ups and downs. Alexei is a free swinger, as well, and I do not want him to feel as though he needs to take pitches. Batting eighth or ninth, he can be the aggressive hitter he is.

I don't believe in Owens. I noted in Minor Observations the other day that he's been caught stealing 10 times already this year in Charlotte. That's a high total by his standards, and I question whether his legs are truly healthy.

Is Lofton even playing baseball right now? Is he in an independent league somewhere? If not, I question whether he can step into an MLB lineup in June and help a contender immediately after not facing live pitching all year.

chisoxmike
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I'd stick with Cabrera. He's the best option on the team. Just say no to Jerry Owens, for everything.

Sox
06-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Lets see what Alexei does in that spot. Move OC to the two hole and that puts AJ in a better spot to drive in runs. Would you bat him 3rd? Or ?

I agree I would love to see Alexei in the lead off spot......

Lip Man 1
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Is Luis Aparicio an option?

Lip

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Lip

Yes. Yes, I think he dying to suit up! :cool:

Save McCuddy's
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Ichiro - if only to hear DJ wax poetic about the Japanese game.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
I voted to bring in Lofton. I'm not totally sold on Jerry Owens. Lofton brings experience and he can get on base. Too bad Lofton wants to get paid like this was 1998 rather than the journeyman OF that he really is.

btrain929
06-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Reggie Willits.

Save McCuddy's
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I voted to bring in Lofton. I'm not totally sold on Jerry Owens. Lofton brings experience and he can get on base. Too bad Lofton wants to get paid like this was 1998 rather than the journeyman OF that he really is.

What's really too bad is that KW didn't sign him in 2006 -- we might have gone back to back if it weren't for BA and an injured Pods dragging the offense down.

tick53
06-16-2008, 05:40 PM
The Cuban Missle.

WhiteSox5187
06-16-2008, 05:50 PM
What's really too bad is that KW didn't sign him in 2006 -- we might have gone back to back if it weren't for BA and an injured Pods dragging the offense down.
The offense was not the reason we didn't make the playoffs in '06.

Lukin13
06-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I vote Other/Nick Swisher

The guy either leads off or sits if I am Ozzie.

This team is nowhere close to be a team that can play traditional baseball/smartball/smallball.

I love watching Willy Taveras bunt his way to first, steal second then score on a grounder through the hole on the right side that was intended to move him to third; BUT the current WSox are two or three players from having a lineup that can manufacture runs. This team needs guys that can get on base in front of the big sticks that hopefully will eventually start to drive in runs.

IMHO a team that starts PK, Thome, Crede, AJ, JD and Swisher cannot and should not worry about manufacturing runs. These six are a total logjam in the heart of the order. Get guys that can get on base one and two and then bang them in. It doesn't matter if they are fast or not... if you don't like it, fine, I agree, but blow it up in the offseason.

Against RHP:

Swisher
Cabrera
Thome (Jim still gets on base, even when struggling)
Quentin
Dye
AJ
PK
Crede
Ramirez

LH:

Swisher
Cabrera
Dye
Quentin
PK
Crede
AJ
Fields
Ramirez

W/ PK down I replace him with Fields at DH.

russ99
06-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I voted that the Sox should stick with Cabrera, although I agree with those who do not feel he is ideal for that spot. However, he is the best option we have, IMO.

Ramirez is a rookie, still learning how to be an MLB player. Let's keep him at the bottom of the order. Keep the pressure off him, and let him go through the ups and downs. Alexei is a free swinger, as well, and I do not want him to feel as though he needs to take pitches. Batting eighth or ninth, he can be the aggressive hitter he is.

I don't believe in Owens. I noted in Minor Observations the other day that he's been caught stealing 10 times already this year in Charlotte. That's a high total by his standards, and I question whether his legs are truly healthy.

Is Lofton even playing baseball right now? Is he in an independent league somewhere? If not, I question whether he can step into an MLB lineup in June and help a contender immediately after not facing live pitching all year.

I totally agree, except for Owens. I can't see what it would hurt to give him a shot, and if he still has problems due to his injury or can't hit with the Sox after a few weeks, then go out and make a deal for a leadoff guy, when the other teams are more interested in dealing.

I'm also of the Swisher 1, Cabrera 2 mindset. Nick looks a lot more focused at the plate, maybe we should go back to what worked earlier this season.

Craig Grebeck
06-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Owens flat out does not deserve a call up. He just doesn't.

Jeckle2000
06-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Alexei has so far adjusted and improved to everything we've asked of him. I think he could become a good lead off hitter. None of them are ideal choices. OC would be find if he would just start working counts and taking pitches.

jabrch
06-17-2008, 09:42 AM
http://blahblahblahblahg.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/murray_meatballs.jpg

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Tragg
06-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Ramirez has a 3% walk rate...you can't lead off with that. You can't succeed in any spot in the lineup with that lack of patience. If he could up that to ust 10%, he'd be excellent.
He really needs a coach to work with him on the strike zone. He's not going to get that from this field staff, but maybe in the offseason.

ondafarm
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Owens flat out does not deserve a call up. He just doesn't.

I'm glad you know this so clearly.

TomBradley72
06-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Ramirez has a 3% walk rate...you can't lead off with that. You can't succeed in any spot in the lineup with that lack of patience. If he could up that to ust 10%, he'd be excellent.
He really needs a coach to work with him on the strike zone. He's not going to get that from this field staff, but maybe in the offseason.

Over the last 30 days, White Sox OBP (among the #1/#2 guys being debated):

Ramirez- .380
Cabrera- .365
Swisher- .326
AJ-.306I think it's worth a try to "go with the hot hand" and try Ramirez/Cabrera as the 1-2. That's the whole logic that led to AJ being moved to #2 to begin with. I'd slot Swisher in the #9 slot so when his OBP starts to return to career levels he helps us load up the base paths for the big boppers. If they ever decide to start bopping.

AJ has only drawn 2 walks in the last month...along with his lack of speed and that he's batted lower in the order most of his career...I think it's time to move him back to his normal place in the order.

Assuming PK is headed to the DL:

Ramirez
Cabrera
Quentin
Dye
AJ
Crede
Thome
BA
Swisher

ondafarm
06-17-2008, 11:10 AM
AJ has only drawn 2 walks in the last month...along with his lack of speed and that he's batted lower in the order most of his career...I think it's time to move him back to his normal place in the order.

I think I'd drop AJ down and TCQ down as well. They were hot but are both having problems now.

hawkjt
06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Owens is hitting .322 in June and has an onbase of .369 in june.
Bring him up, put him in the leadoff spot and centerfield for two weeks and let him run.

RCWHITESOX
06-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Lip

How about Ricky Henderson. What is he about 50?

Jeckle2000
06-17-2008, 04:02 PM

What is Cabrera's? I can't imagine it's much better.

hi im skot
06-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm just reading this thread for the first time and am completely embarrassed that there's an option for signing Podsednik.

Get over it.

Oh, and let Cabrera lead off until the Sox trade for Sizemore or Granderson.

TomBradley72
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm just reading this thread for the first time and am completely embarrassed that there's an option for signing Podsednik.

Get over it.

Oh, and let Cabrera lead off until the Sox trade for Sizemore or Granderson.

Truly great input.

TomBradley72
06-17-2008, 05:45 PM
I just took a look at our 1st inning offense vs. the rest of the AL:

1st Inning Team Batting Avg. .207, 14th in AL (next worst is .223, Rangers lead w/.310, Twins: .266, Tigers: .264, Indians: .252)
1st Inning Runs Scored: 22, 14th in AL (Rangers lead w/62, Twins: 33, Tigers: 31, Indians: 41)
1st Inning Team OBP: .277, 14th in AL, (Rangers lead w/.371)
1st Inning Team Total Bases: 80, 14th in AL, (Rangers lead w/176)
1st Inning Team Slugging: .319, 14th in AL (Rangers lead w/.593(
1st Inning Stolen Bases: 4, 11th in AL (Rays lead w/15)I think this is a very big problem...bigger than I thought if we want to make it to the post season. Any thoughts that the approaches we've tried so far are the solution are a mistake in my opinion.

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Inning Team Batting Avg. .207, 14th in AL (next worst is .223, Rangers lead w/.310, Twins: .266, Tigers: .264, Indians: .252)
1st Inning Runs Scored: 22, 14th in AL (Rangers lead w/62, Twins: 33, Tigers: 31, Indians: 41)
1st Inning Stolen Bases: 4, 11th in AL (Rays lead w/15)I think this is a very big problem...bigger than I thought if we want to make it to the post season. Any thoughts that the approaches we've tried so far are the solution are a mistake in my opinion.

Wow. Thank you for finding and sharing these stats.

This is damning indictment and a definite reason why a good leadoff hitter is so necessary.

Craig Grebeck
06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm glad you know this so clearly.
17/27 in steal attempts and he's supposed to be the second coming on the basepaths. He offers no other discernible skills.

JB98
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
I think I'd drop AJ down and TCQ down as well. They were hot but are both having problems now.

On what planet is Pierzynski having problems? He's on an 11-game hitting streak right now, during which he has hit .380.

A lot of guys would like to have AJ's problems.

JB98
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM

Our offense sucks in the eighth and ninth innings too. In fact, the Sox are winless when trailing after seven innings this season. Not a single ninth-inning comeback yet this year.

There are many indictments of this offense. It is subpar in every conceivable way, except for the home run totals.

guillen4life13
06-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Who replaces them in the lineup? It's not like the mashers have really heated up either.

Given the current roster, I don't even know what you can do as far as lineup changes to make the team get better. If these players actually performed to their career standards, the White Sox would have a double digit lead in the standings, considering all the games that the team has scored 2 or less runs. Hell, I think that if these guys played to their career numbers (even with an age related dropoff from Thome/Konerko) this team would have the best record in the majors with a record around 48-21. It's a shame that so much of the good pitching has been wasted by this streaky offense. And the ****ty offense isn't even like this because key players have gotten injured.

A game won 10-1 isn't any better than a game that's won 2-1. In fact, I'd rather have the 2-1 win because it shows that the team can take some pressure. That the Sox are in the top half of the AL in runs scored (last I checked) doesn't mean ****. I hate to quote Hawk, but he's absolutely right: It doesn't matter how many runs you score. It matters when you score them.

Clutch hitting on this team is nonexistent, and it seems like at any given point, only one guy is pulling his weight. Right now it's Cabrera. It has been Quentin from mid-April until recently, and Crede has had his hot streaks. AJ has been hitting well, but he's not (nor has he ever been) a big RBI guy.

We haven't seen that many come from behind wins this season either. It seems like, if the Sox are down going into the 8th inning, then the game is over.

TomBradley: Those stats are very telling--thanks for providing them. I just don't know what you do! It's obvious that there's a very big problem, but what's the cause? What's the solution? Canning Greg Walker has been thrown around a bunch, but I think it's apparent that Walker is going to keep his job at least through this season. But even if you do fire him, is a new hitting coach going to be the offense's savior? If so, who?

I really don't think the struggles are a lack of effort on anyone's part, but something needs to change. The offense has sucked for over a year now and I'm tired of waiting for the "inevitable" event of them actually clicking on all cylinders. If it's so ****ing inevitable then why is it taking so long?

TomBradley72
06-17-2008, 07:50 PM
TomBradley: Those stats are very telling--thanks for providing them. I just don't know what you do! It's obvious that there's a very big problem, but what's the cause? What's the solution? Canning Greg Walker has been thrown around a bunch, but I think it's apparent that Walker is going to keep his job at least through this season. But even if you do fire him, is a new hitting coach going to be the offense's savior? If so, who?

I really don't think the struggles are a lack of effort on anyone's part, but something needs to change. The offense has sucked for over a year now and I'm tired of waiting for the "inevitable" event of them actually clicking on all cylinders. If it's so ****ing inevitable then why is it taking so long?

As far as the top of the order goes...you HAVE to try something different based on the results generated so far. I think you roll the dice that Alexei can handle it based on his production over the past 30 days. Batting him 9th doesn't help us get off to a fast start in the game/1st inning. OC belongs in the #2 slot. I'm so tired of watching him swing at the 1st pitch to start the game....a lead off hitter needs to work the count a little bit.

I love how AJ is hitting this season...I think it's wasted at the #2 slot...I'd want to maximize his RBI opportunities and also give our RBI guys as many runners who can score from 1st on a double/2nd on a single as possible.

Other than that...KW needs to apply the same creativity that built a great pitching staff, found Quentin and Ramirez,etc. to solving this problem.

Lost in all the frustration of this year (so far) is how rare it is for the White Sox to be 5 games up in mid-June with the best pitching in the league. 2008 presents a GREAT opportunity for this team...so I hope KW is thinking aggressively.

TomBradley72
06-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Our offense sucks in the eighth and ninth innings too. In fact, the Sox are winless when trailing after seven innings this season. Not a single ninth-inning comeback yet this year.

There are many indictments of this offense. It is subpar in every conceivable way, except for the home run totals.

But isn't this 1st inning problem even bigger? I thought there was some stat that said whoever scores first ends up winning X% of the time? Increasing our ability to get off to a fast start could have a big impact on our winning percentage.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-17-2008, 08:24 PM
But isn't this 1st inning problem even bigger? I thought there was some stat that said whoever scores first ends up winning X% of the time? Increasing our ability to get off to a fast start could have a big impact on our winning percentage.

In 2005, the Sox were great in the first inning, taking a lot of pressure off their pitchers immediately and putting pressure on the other team.

rowand33
06-17-2008, 10:37 PM
OC is doing fine.

Leave him there.

Tragg
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM
What is Cabrera's? I can't imagine it's much better.
I'm thinking more long-term. Cabrera won't be here after this year. Ramirez is a great prospect who needs to learn the strike zone to reach his potential. Ozzie will be perfectly happy with him swinging at everything and hitting .270 with a .290 OBP just like Ozzie did. Ramirez is good enough to do better than that while swinging at balls in the dirt. But he could be really, really good.

Bring up Richar! His OBP, power and steals numbers are better than Jerry Owens. He's got real potential. We sort of have a log jam at 2nd...but with Uribe and Ozuna in the mix, sort of not.

hi im skot
06-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Truly great input.

You really think Podsednik would be an upgrade?

Cabrera's doing fine. Unless you can bring in a premier leadoff hitter, I'm okay with sticking with what's "working" for the Sox right now.

TomBradley72
06-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm thinking more long-term. Cabrera won't be here after this year. Ramirez is a great prospect who needs to learn the strike zone to reach his potential. Ozzie will be perfectly happy with him swinging at everything and hitting .270 with a .290 OBP just like Ozzie did. Ramirez is good enough to do better than that while swinging at balls in the dirt. But he could be really, really good.

Bring up Richar!

Since becoming a regular (in mid-May), Alexei has the fewest strike outs (9) of any of our regular players combined with the highest OBP (.380), 4th highest SLG Pct.(.517), and highest batting average (.356) over that time.

Doesn't strike out much, gets on base alot, high batting average, handles the bat well (bunts, etc.), and can steal a base. Sounds like a lead off hitter to me.
I think he's ready now.

TomBradley72
06-18-2008, 10:44 AM
You really think Podsednik would be an upgrade?

Cabrera's doing fine. Unless you can bring in a premier leadoff hitter, I'm okay with sticking with what's "working" for the Sox right now.

No I don't. It was included in the poll because it was one of the options being discussed on these boards and in the media. Of all the choices listed, my choice is Alexei Ramirez to lead off (his performance since becoming a regular in mid-May shows me he's the best guy for the job). It also allows Cabrera to move into his more natural #2 position, and allows us to move AJ into the #5 slot where his .300+ average can be leveraged to drive in runs. I also want more guys at the top of the order that can score from 1st on a double or from 2nd on a single to get that 1st run on the board and take the early lead. Or to manufacture a run later in the game.

Last night was great. But the White Sox have (by far) the worst offensive production in the 1st inning of any team in the American League. So, the current approach is NOT working in my opinion. The dismal production at Tampa Bay, at Detroit, and vs. the Rockies are still fresh in my memory.

Tragg
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Since becoming a regular (in mid-May), Alexei has the fewest strike outs (9) of any of our regular players combined with the highest OBP (.380), 4th highest SLG Pct.(.517), and highest batting average (.356) over that time.

Doesn't strike out much, gets on base alot, high batting average, handles the bat well (bunts, etc.), and can steal a base. Sounds like a lead off hitter to me.
I think he's ready now.
But he doesn't walk. And to what extent does he really drive the ball -i.e. create his own hits. I haven't seen him hit enough to answer that -you'd know. Not striking out helps. But walking would improve the consistency. For me to believe that he's a leadoff hitter is to believe that he's a Soriano. The odds say his isn't that.
That said, he's no worse than anything else we have. My only point really is find a coach that can work with him and teach him the strike zone. Ozzie and Greg aren't going too do it.
Cora actually had some patience as a hitter - he walked 10
% of the time. I really don't know what his role is - if he's a real coach or just a yes man - but if he can coach, let him work with him.

hi im skot
06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
No I don't. It was included in the poll because it was one of the options being discussed on these boards and in the media. Of all the choices listed, my choice is Alexei Ramirez to lead off (his performance since becoming a regular in mid-May shows me he's the best guy for the job). It also allows Cabrera to move into his more natural #2 position, and allows us to move AJ into the #5 slot where his .300+ average can be leveraged to drive in runs. I also want more guys at the top of the order that can score from 1st on a double or from 2nd on a single to get that 1st run on the board and take the early lead. Or to manufacture a run later in the game.

Last night was great. But the White Sox have (by far) the worst offensive production in the 1st inning of any team in the American League. So, the current approach is NOT working in my opinion. The dismal production at Tampa Bay, at Detroit, and vs. the Rockies are still fresh in my memory.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you on our 1st inning production (or lack thereof). In the years we've had really good teams, there was almost always a lead going into the top half of the 2nd.

TomBradley72
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Fair enough. I don't disagree with you on our 1st inning production (or lack thereof). In the years we've had really good teams, there was almost always a lead going into the top half of the 2nd.

That's where I'm coming from...I just can't picture a team in the World Series having been last in the AL in 1st inning run production. We might still win our Division...I don't think you win a pennant or a World Series unless this problem is solved.

Metalthrasher442
06-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Keep OC leadin' off this year. Ramirez should be ready for it next year. He should walk more next year.