PDA

View Full Version : 7th Inning Stretch singer?

GutLuzinski
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Anyone catch the name of the 7th inning stretch singer, Amanda something? I swear I know her from somewhere... thanks..

russ99
06-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyone catch the name of the 7th inning stretch singer, Amanda something? I swear I know her from somewhere... thanks..

Speaking of which, what's up with the "God Bless America?" I was pleasantly surprised we got the time-honored tradition of "Take Me out to the Ballgame" on Friday night.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have done something after 9-11, but there's no reason to keep singing a song - that isn't our national anthem - in the place of our usual baseball tradition almost 7 years later.

HomeFish
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Speaking of which, what's up with the "God Bless America?" I was pleasantly surprised we got the time-honored tradition of "Take Me out to the Ballgame" on Friday night.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have done something after 9-11, but there's no reason to keep singing a song - that isn't our national anthem - in the place of our usual baseball tradition almost 7 years later.

Are you talking about the Memorial Day game? It's kind of appropriate there.

Brian26
06-15-2008, 03:43 PM

I think all of MLB does "God Bless America" on Sundays. "Take Me Out..." is always sung right after that. GBA hasn't replaced it.

MCHSoxFan
06-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I think all of MLB does "God Bless America" on Sundays. "Take Me Out..." is always sung right after that. GBA hasn't replaced it.

You got it.

DickAllen72
06-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah. At least let's wait until after the next tragedy before we start singing that song again. :rolleyes:

russ99
06-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah. At least let's wait until after the next tragedy before we start singing that song again. :rolleyes:

Seriously, there's times when it is appropriate, like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, etc. but playing it every Sunday - I think that time is past, especially since this isn't something the Sox decided to do, but rather an edict of Bud.

WhiteSox5187
06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Seriously, there's times when it is appropriate, like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, etc. but playing it every Sunday - I think that time is past, especially since this isn't something the Sox decided to do, but rather an edict of Bud.
Let's try and avoid making this political, shall we?

DumpJerry
06-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Ummm...some of you need a strong cup of coffee. GBA been sung during the 7th Inning Stretch on Sunday at all MLB games for about 4 years now. You're just now noticing it?

I think the girl who sang it today last name is Schenblen or something like that. She might work in the Sox' front office, she was introduced as "the Sox own...." You don't hear that intro for the other singers.

Streets
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM
There's really no need for this song to be performed during the 7th inning. It annoys me to the fullest....

tlebar318
06-15-2008, 08:19 PM
There's really no need for this song to be performed during the 7th inning. It annoys me to the fullest....

Ok...avoiding political but c'mon where do you live again?

UofCSoxFan
06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm sure this will end up in the roadhouse soon but anyone that doesn't see the reasons for signing this song has a rather myopic view of the post-911 world.

I'll just leave it at that.

PopsBrechtel
06-17-2008, 10:14 PM

Back to the original question.....

Amanda S. works for the White Sox. I've seen her at the ticket window (4)behind home plate.

Parrothead
06-17-2008, 11:02 PM

Amanda Hugandkiss?