PDA

View Full Version : Griffey to Tampa Bay?

CHIsoxNation
06-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Just checked my fantasy baseball stuff on CBSSports and came across a blurb regarding a broadcast saying that Griffey is considering waiving his no trade clause in a move to TB. They say he'd be willing to make the move to be closer to his Orlando home.

I also remembering hearing a couple weeks ago that Cincinnati would most likely look to move Griffey pretty quickly after he hit number 600.

Palehose Pete
06-15-2008, 12:50 PM
That would make sense for the Rays. Pena is having a slow start this year and is hurt. The Rays could use a lefty power hitter. It would probably make sense for Griffey, too, although I don't know why the Red Sox aren't interested in him. Ortiz is hurt, an who knows when he'll be back and hitting homers. Griffey would kill the ball at Fenway, I think.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 01:03 PM
It all depends if Tampa is:
A) willing to give up young kids
B) willing to guarentee Griffey at 16 million for 09.

RockJock07
06-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I was hoping the Sox could make a run at Jr. It's pretty apperent that we need a bat. I just don't think the Sox have enough to get him. Maybe Adam Dunn would be a possibility, a younger thome clone.

getonbckthr
06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I was hoping the Sox could make a run at Jr. It's pretty apperent that we need a bat. I just don't think the Sox have enough to get him. Maybe Adam Dunn would be a possibility, a younger thome clone.
Neither is a big enough upgrade over what we have to give up prospects.

High Mileage
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I'd really like to see him back in the AL, and I'd like to see him at Kauffman before he retires...