PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Someone needs to be thrown under the bus" 6/14/08 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2008, 09:02 PM
There is no excuse for losing the way we did.

munchman33
06-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Our offense is fine. All the good offenses score three or less runs nearly half their games.

gobears1987
06-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Danks once again gets screwed.

Scottiehaswheels
:D:But we're 4th in the AL in runs scored?!

cleanwsox
Another shutout. Cy De La Rosa, Cy Grilli, Cy Bucholz, and Cy Fuentes were too much.

whitesoxfan
Peace out Walker. Please.

MetroPD
06-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah!! Way to support Danks again! Three hits against Rockies pitching....... THREE FREAKIN HITS! WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT over!?!?

Jjav829
What our team needs is Hawk's new energy drink - Pure Bull! It'll get you fired up and ready to hit the ball...or an ump. Whichever is closer.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5827&d=1213495223

gobears1987
I blame Jim Thome for this loss.

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2008, 09:05 PM

I blame Ron Turner.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Lip,

Please bust out the stats again on how many "gem" pitching performances this offense has crapped away this year.

This is unreal.

And now Paulie can't hit nor catch..... he has become the biggest liability in baseball.

turners56
Bye Greg Walker.

How do you explain this performance?

Jorge ****ing De La Rosa? It's not that he gave up no runs, it's that he struck out 8 in the process and held us to one hit. We had 3 hits in this game, all singles. I don't know if we can suck anymore. We better come out swinging tomorrow or I sense another rant from Ozzie. Hell, he should be having a fit after this one. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR. Mostly because of who we faced and who pitched for the opposing team. No god damn excuse losing a 2-0 game against a team that's 15 games below .500. NO ****ING EXCUSE.

Corlose 15
This infuriatingly inconsistent offense makes it hard to believe in this team.

Jorge de la Rosa's era was over 8 coming into the game tonight and they get 3 hits.:(:

DJ said all they had to do was be patient because de la Rosa's M.O. was to throw around 100 pitches in five innings. So naturally what do the Sox do? Hack away!

What an absolute piss poor effort tonight.

CLR01
What our team needs is Hawk's new energy drink - Pure Bull! It'll get you fired up and ready to hit the ball...or an ump. Whichever is closer.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5827&d=1213495223

Hawk is full of it.

I love it.

JB98

The weather is just too cold.

Horrible ABs against a triple-A left-hander. Two unearned runs allowed. Five stolen bases by Taveras. Embarrassing.

I'm glad I sold my tickets for tonight's game.

MarySwiss
06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Er, excuse me for being a pollyanna, but until we're no longer in first place, I plan to pretend that we are.

It's Time
:hawk
"That's bull!"

Seriously, that's a BAD Rockies team that just shut the White Sox out. I was really thinking an easy sweep in this series.

infohawk
I'm unhappy, but I think it was one of those nights where the Sox pitched well, but were out-pitched by their opponent. (De La Rosa?) isn't having a good year, but he certainly had a great night. Too bad he put it together against us. Our hitters looked very uncomfortable in the box tonight.

RadioheadRocks
06-14-2008, 09:08 PM
This is the type of season where ulcers spring up.

HangWiffum
another ****ty performance by this team. there is no way they are gonna win anything with this offense. unfortunately there's no real way to fix it. we have to sit here game after game and watch our pitching staff get their hearts ripped out over and over again.

turners56

Er, excuse me for being a pollyanna, but until we're no longer in first place, I plan to pretend that we are.

It isn't about that, it's about how we're playing now. If we keep this up we can say good bye to first place by the end of next week.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm unhappy, but I think it was one of those nights where the Sox pitched well, but were out-pitched by their opponent. (De La Rosa?) isn't having a good year, but he certainly had a great night. Too bad he put it together against us. Our hitters looked very uncomfortable in the box tonight.

Thank you Hawk Harrelson. Keep talking the other team up, nobody's buying the BS.

LoveYourSuit
This infuriatingly inconsistent offense makes it hard to believe in this team.

Jorge de la Rosa's era was over 8 coming into the game tonight and they get 3 hits.:(:

DJ said all they had to do was be patient because de la Rosa's M.O. was to throw around 100 pitches in five innings. So naturally what do the Sox do? Hack away!

What an absolute piss poor effort tonight.

Add to insult the fact that Jason ****ing Grilli stuck it to us, that guy couldn't pitch dead for Detroit.

This is sad.

And I know the "come off the ledge" responses will be raining tonight.....I might just sleep on the ledge the rest of the year with this team.

infohawk
And now Paulie can't hit nor catch..... he has become the biggest liability in baseball.
I am very concerned about Paulie. He just looks terrible at the plate, and has, with the exception of some hits against Minnesota, for quite some time.

SoxSpeed22
Lefty with a change-up, what the hell did you expect?
These problems seem to go beyond Greg Walker, it's the organization. KW did what he was supposed to by acquiring different hitters, but they aren't panning out.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Lefty with a slider, what the hell did you expect?
These problems seem to go beyond Greg Walker, it's the organization. KW did what he was supposed to by acquiring different hitters, but they aren't panning out.

Fixed it for you.

It's Time
06-14-2008, 09:10 PM
It isn't about that, it's about how we're playing now. If we keep this up we can say good bye to first place by the end of next week.

But we are playing the Rockies and Pirates, teams that are the reason that the top NL teams are so good. These doormats are sure wins.:rolleyes:

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 09:11 PM

Ironic how many bad pitchers just all of sudden have "great nights" against us. :rolleyes: The old tip your hat crap.

I think it has to do more with a bad offense than somoeone being all of a sudden good for a night.

turners56
:hawk
"That's bull!"

Seriously, that's a BAD Rockies team that just shut the White Sox out. I was really thinking an easy sweep in this series.

I think a lot of people thought the Sox were going to sweep Detroit. Guess not.

southsideirish71
This Rockie team is 15th in the NL in pitching, we faced a guy who had an 8 ERA in one of baseball's most prolific home run hitting parks. The result, 3 hits, no runs.

The team goes on one hot streak for a week, and then shuts down. Jesus christ.

Soxman219
06-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Most embrassing loss this year by far. Jorge de la Rosa? Then again, I knew we would lose because he's a no name pitcher. He had an 8.13 ERA going in to this game and he pitches a one-hitter. It doesn't get anymore embrassing than that period. I'm so PO'd right now!:angry:

SoxSpeed22
06-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Fixed it for you.Well, lefty with any slow-stuff in particular.

DickAllen72
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The Sox offense is pathetic. There's no excuse. This offense sucks, I don't care what kind of stats someone wants to quote out of context. If anyone actually watches the games instead of reading the stats, they know this offense sucks.

The supposed "big hitters" in the middle of the lineup don't get the job done. The guys who were supposed to carry this offense are the ones who weigh it down.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
But we're 4th in the AL in runs scored? That means this offense is good!

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Most embrassing loss this year by far. Jorge de la Rosa? Then again, I knew we would lose because he's a no name pitcher. He had an 8.13 ERA going in to this game and he pitches a one-hitter. It doesn't get anymore embrassing than that period. I'm so PO'd right now!:angry:

Andy "Cy" Sonnanstine also had similar stats, he shut us out on 4 hits earlier this year.

JB98
The Sox offense is pathetic. There's no excuse. This offense sucks, I don't care what kind of stats someone wants to quote out of context. If anyone actually watches the games instead of reading the stats, they know this offense sucks.

The supposed "big hitters" in the middle of the lineup don't get the job done. The guys who were supposed to carry this offense are the ones who weigh it down.

I agree. No more excuses for Konerko, Dye and Swisher. And now Quentin is struggling too.

It's Time
I also think the boys can use a good eight hours of practicing holding runners on. That was a joke out there on the bases tonight. NO ONE should steal 5 bases in one damn game.

TommyGavinFloyd

Why do you continue to say that anytime that people are upset with this team's play? I don't care if we are in first, or last, the problems are there either way. How someone can dismiss these performances with a simple "oh it's ok we're in first!" is beyond me.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Seriously, fire Greg Walker. I don't care if he has nothing to do with this. I don't care if the players just plain out suck. This team obviously needs a belt whipping their ass to actually hit.

Viva Medias B's
Safest bet in sports? Rongey gets bombarded by angry callers?

turners56
I agree. No more excuses for Konerko, Dye and Swisher. And now Quentin is struggling too.

No hot hitters = no runs. Simple as that.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Another question that came up to me .... Is it time to get Quentin an entire series off? I never thought we would see him slump with such a short quick swing, but man he is so off right now. Maybe the hand is a bigger issue than we think.

Only problem is that everyone else is so bad at 4-5-6 that who do we plug in for the 3 hole ..... Alexei? LOL

T

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Another question that came up to me .... Is it time to get Quentin an entire series off? I never thought we would see him slump with such a short quick swing, but man he is so off right now. Maybe the hand is a bigger issue than we think.

Only problem is that everyone else is so bad at 4-5-6 that who do we plug in for the 3 hole ..... Alexei? LOL

T

Jermaine Dye?

infohawk
06-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you Hawk Harrelson. Keep talking the other team up, nobody's buying the BS.
Wait a minute. Clearly the Sox offense runs VERY hot and cold, but you can tell whether they are seeing the ball well or not on any given night. Based upon the reactions of the hitters in the box, they weren't tracking De La Rosa's pitches very well at all. Especially the sliders down and in to the right-handed hitters. Those were obviously bad pitches from the view of my couch, but they looked altogether different to the hitters. My guess is that the reason why De La Rosa struggles is because he can't get his breaking stuff over with regularity. Tonight, he did. It's just unfortunate it was against the Sox.

turners56
Hey! Cleveland is about to lose! Minnesota is tied in the 11th! Maybe we'll still be 5.5 up!

gosox41
Our offense is fine. All the good offenses score three or less runs nearly half their games.

But wait until we break out of it.

Bob

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Safest bet in sports? Rongey gets bombarded by angry callers?

And it will be justified.

36,000 fans at the park today got served crap on a stick.

I don't know how Danks is able to keep his head up after this support.

JB98
Wait a minute. Clearly the Sox offense runs VERY hot and cold, but you can tell whether they are seeing the ball well or not on any given night. Based upon the reactions of the hitters in the box, they weren't tracking De La Rosa's pitches very well at all. Especially the sliders down and in to the right-handed hitters. Those were obviously bad pitches from the view of my couch, but they looked altogether different to the hitters. My guess is that the reason why De La Rosa struggles is because he can't get his breaking stuff over with regularity. Tonight, he did. It's just unfortunate it was against the Sox.

I don't think he got his breaking stuff over with regularity. The Sox hitters swung at it. Therefore, it was a strike.

turners56
And it will be justified.

36,000 fans at the park today got served crap on a stick.

I don't know how Danks is able to keep his head up after this support.

2.90 ERA now, amazing how he's only 4-4. So damn sad.

Chicken Dinner
06-14-2008, 09:20 PM
That was just pathetic. end

turners56
I don't think he got his breaking stuff over with regularity. The Sox hitters swung at it. Therefore, it was a strike.

If guys like Crede just waited and stopped being so damn aggressive, they might of faired a bit better. Because whenever they walked up there, it was 0-1 or 1-1 or 1-2. They always seemed behind in the count. And in the rare times they were ahead, they'd swing at bad pitches and get out.

LoveYourSuit
Jermaine Dye?

Any guy taking a called strike 3 looking in the bottom of the 9th ... I can't consider him for it.

But the sad thing he might be best one out of the bunch...very sad.

Soxman219
Andy "Cy" Sonnanstine also had similar stats, he shut us out on 4 hits earlier this year.

Man, this is the most frustrating 1st place team ever. Sometimes I can't believe we are in first place. We are making bad pitchers look like Cy young award winners! I hate it.:angry:

Scottiehaswheels
Maybe it would do some good for Mark to take the bat to one of the "hitters" instead of the heaters.. :)

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Maybe it would do some good for Mark to take the bat to one of the "hitters" instead of the heaters..

He might actually make contact.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 09:22 PM
2.90 ERA now, amazing how he's only 4-4. So damn sad.

And then WSI is up in arms why not a single White Sox starter will selected to the All Star Game.... not ****, with maybe some run support we might have a few 10 game winners by now.

Unreal.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Love says:

Please bust out the stats again on how many "gem" pitching performances this offense has crapped away this year.

This is unreal.

Love...unfortunately the number is up to 11 losses where the Sox have held the opposition to three runs or less and they've been shut out seven times.

When you get nine hits in two games against one of the worst teams in baseball something is definitely wrong.

Lip

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 09:26 PM
We have been shut out 7 times already.

Last year we were shut out 11 times for the entire year.

Since 2000, 8 was the high mark for the year.

Soxman219
06-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Any guy taking a called strike 3 looking in the bottom of the 9th ... I can't consider him for it.

But the sad thing he might be best one out of the bunch...very sad.

Honestly, I feel like I haven't seen him hit in 3 weeks. Every time I see him bat, it's either a strikeout or a popout.

Brian26
06-14-2008, 09:27 PM
I also think the boys can use a good eight hours of practicing holding runners on. That was a joke out there on the bases tonight. NO ONE should steal 5 bases in one damn game.

Blame Ozzie. He didn't have the middle infielders holding Tavarez.

JB98
06-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Love says:

This is unreal.

Love...unfortunately the number is up to 11 losses where the Sox have held the opposition to three runs or less and they've been shut out seven times.

When you get nine hits in two games against one of the worst teams in baseball something is definitely wrong.

Lip

In addition, Colorado ranks last in the National League in pitching. Only the Texas Rangers are worse in all of baseball.

The first step I would take to fix this is to get Ramirez and Thome back in the lineup.

Uribe had his moment in the sun last night. It's over now. Put Ramirez in the lineup tomorrow.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:29 PM

Taveras never scored though...

TommyGavinFloyd
06-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Love says:

This is unreal.

Lip

Well, they are the defending National League Champions

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 09:30 PM
In addition, Colorado ranks last in the National League in pitching. Only the Texas Rangers are worse in all of baseball.

The first step I would take to fix this is to get Ramirez and Thome back in the lineup.

Uribe had his moment in the sun last night. It's over now. Put Ramirez in the lineup tomorrow.

This sentimental crap of starting a role player who has hit .235 over the last few years and has been so bad we traded for his replacement because of one hit has got to stop as well. He got his hit last night, great. Should we start Ozuna over Crede one night because he gets a hit. Start your starters, including the one hitting .287.

It's Time
06-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Come to think of it, it's not Tavarez who made the White Sox look silly, it's also any team that has speed.

Teams are basically running the White Sox out of the park.

DickAllen72
T
Doesn't it seem as if Quentin started standing further off the plate a couple of weeks ago than he had been all season long previously? If so, who's idea was that? And why? Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I thought he used to stand right on top of the plate before.

Scottiehaswheels
I'm waiting for the bull**** excuse of, we never see these guys since they are in the NL. We play what, 5?-10? games against these guys in Spring Training EVERY YEAR! We know what their pitchers feature, their quirky mechanics, etc.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Doesn't it seem as if Quentin started standing further off the plate a couple of weeks ago than he had been all season long previously? If so, who's idea was that? And why? Maybe I'm just imagining things, but I thought he used to stand right on top of the plate before.

He's not getting hit as frequently. Plus, it might be the league adjusting to him. Whatever it is, he's not hitting.

Noneck
06-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't understand how this can happen considering your manager and bench coach were middle infielders. This isn't an isolated incident it seems like it has been going on forever.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm waiting for the bull**** excuse of, we never see these guys since they are in the NL. We play what, 5?-10? games against these guys in Spring Training EVERY YEAR! We know what their pitchers feature, their quirky mechanics, etc.

But in Spring Training, guys don't give you their best!

southsideirish71

He is standing further away from the plate, and is now meat against low and away like the rest of the team. Nothing like messing with success.

TommyGavinFloyd

I don't think anyone will use that excuse. Maybe if this sort of performance only happened every few weeks, not every few games.

It's Time
Taveras never scored though...

That's because Colorado is an awful team that appears to not execute based on their horrid record.

If that **** keeps up ( teams stealing bases at will) against the good teams, you can take it to the bank that this is pattern will come back to haunt them.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:34 PM
He is standing further away from the plate, and is now meat against low and away like the rest of the team. Nothing like messing with success.

2 words: Greg Walker.

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 09:35 PM

DeLaRosa pitched for the Royals. We have faced him and Grilli before. That excuse doesnt exist tonight.

JB98
06-14-2008, 09:36 PM
DeLaRosa pitched for the Royals. We have faced him and Grilli before. That excuse doesnt exist tonight.

De La Rosa mowed us down like we weren't even there last year too.

May 13, 2007: Royals 11, White Sox 1

turners56

We sucked against De La Rosa last year. We lost that game 11-1. If we at least scored one run in this game, maybe it's a bit different.

Scottiehaswheels
DeLaRosa pitched for the Royals. We have faced him and Grilli before. That excuse doesnt exist tonight.Oh I know... I still expect someone to use that "excuse" though... Shocked Hawk didn't say something like that during the game honestly.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Also.. Are we now 0-for-WGN now on the year?

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Also.. Are we now 0-for-WGN now on the year?

Nope. We have at least a couple of wins on WGN.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Nope. We have at least a couple of wins on WGN.Probably on nights I was working.... ugh. Guess I just have to work everytime they are on WGN from now on.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Looks like the Twins are going to win. 4.5 games up now.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Probably on nights I was working.... ugh. Guess I just have to work everytime they are on WGN from now on.

The most memorable one was the game where Anderson walked off the Orioles. I was at the movies for that one, maybe I should of went to the movies today so I wouldn't of seen this crap. It's one thing to hear about it, it's another to witness it and live through it with extreme frustration.

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Ump had a huge plate. Massive.

Still, I wish we'd stop messing with success and get back to mashing. Put Thome back in the lineup. Put Ramirez back in the lineup. Quentin looks like he needs at least a few days off. His average is down to .269 and he struck out 3 times tonight.

Minnesota just took the lead, so it's good to have a cushion when the offense is struggling.

Just got to ride the wave and hope for the best. Maybe it's time to stop thinking so much. This team wins when it hits bombs. Tell em all to start swinging for the fences, because all efforts at small ball have failed.

Get the series win tomorrow and don't worry about anything else.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 09:42 PM
The Sox are 8-4 so far this season on WGN-TV.

Lip

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Ump had a huge plate. Massive.

Still, I wish we'd stop messing with success and get back to mashing. Put Thome back in the lineup. Put Ramirez back in the lineup. Quentin looks like he needs at least a few days off. His average is down to .269 and he struck out 3 times tonight.

Minnesota just took the lead, so it's good to have a cushion when the offense is struggling.

Just got to ride the wave and hope for the best. Maybe it's time to stop thinking so much. This team wins when it hits bombs. Tell em all to start swinging for the fences, because all efforts at small ball have failed.

We didn't have any opportunities to play small ball today. To play small ball, you need base runners. We had about 5 base runners all game.

turners56
The Sox are 8-4 so far this season on WGN-TV.

Lip

We've only had 12 games all year on WGN? :scratch: I swear there's been more.

JB98
The White Sox are 3-18 without the benefit of the long ball. They are 35-12 when somebody goes deep.

Frontman
"If dey woulda had Chone Figgins on dis team, dey wouldna lost. Dat's all I gotz to say."

I hate to say it, but this team has to get on track for a good run, or else they're going to be looking up at Minnesota in two weeks time. This is terrible that last night was a skin of the teeth win, then to get shut out tonight; against the Rockies. The Rockies are so banged up, and so inconsistent that the Sox should of taken these two games easily.

Hope for a win tomorrow.

WhiteSox5187
06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Blame Walker, blame Kenny, blame Ozzie, blame whoever. The fact of the matter is that this is the way this team will play. They'll be red hot for a week and ice cold for another. Wasting this kind of pitching is criminal.

DickAllen72
06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Still, I wish we'd stop messing with success and get back to mashing. Put Thome back in the lineup.
That'll fix it.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Make up your mind! Just a few days ago, the divison was already ours!

[/i]

I think a lot of people thought the division was to be ours after we swept Minnesota (even Leslie Montiero AKA Timberwolf thought so). All we had to do was take care of business in Detroit. We failed. And now we can't take care of a 26-41 team at home? Priceless, just priceless. This team's inconsistency makes me sick. If we somehow, and I mean SOMEHOW, win this division. We better ride a hot streak into the playoffs or we're going to get swept.

TommyGavinFloyd
06-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I think a lot of people thought the division was to be ours after we swept Minnesota (even Leslie Montiero AKA Timberwolf thought so). All we had to do was take care of business in Detroit. We failed. And now we can't take care of a 26-41 team at home? Priceless, just priceless. This team's inconsistency makes me sick. If we somehow, and I mean SOMEHOW, win this division. We better ride a hot streak into the playoffs or we're getting swept.

I don't think we could have been riding a better hot streak into Detroit, and we saw how that turned out.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Ozzie sounds very calm in his press conference. I was looking for something more...

It's Time
The Tigers are starting to make up some serious ground, as they are now 7 back. If they get this thing within 4 at the break, they will feeling very good about things considering how awful they have been.

Rdy2PlayBall
This sucks!

But hey, were in first place by 4.5 games (Minnisota scores 5 in the 9th) and I'm sure we will stay there. Our hitting isn't consistant, but our pitching is. When you play it all out, our team will win when the hitting is HOT, and still have a good chance to win when it's not! (thanks to pitching)

Now put Thome and Remirez back out there! >:(

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:53 PM
The Tigers are starting to make up some serious ground, as they are now 7 back. If they get this thing within 4 at the break, they will feeling very good about things considering how awful they have been.

They've made up 4 games in the past week, isn't that great?

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Ozzie sounds very calm in his press conference. I was looking for something more...

Whats he going to do. He can't fire Walker, who when put on notice in the Tampa series decided to meet with the owner. He can't fire his players. I think this is sinking in right now that this inconsistant offense is his for the year. He better hope his pitchers throw near shutouts to give the offense a chance to eak one run out.

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 09:55 PM
They've made up 4 games in the past week, isn't that great?

And one in the last 10 games...

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Whats he going to do. He can't fire Walker, who when put on notice in the Tampa series decided to meet with the owner. He can't fire his players. I think this is sinking in right now that this inconsistant offense is his for the year. He better hope his pitchers throw near shutouts to give the offense a chance to eak one run out.

He can at least sound a little bit pissed off after such a terrible offensive performance.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:56 PM
And one in the last 10 games...

Hell, we're what? 6-4 in our last 10? Sure as hell aren't playing like it.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
He can at least sound a little bit pissed off after such a terrible offensive performance.I'm sure he doesn't want to make his players think that he has given up on them. When you do that, they are going to try to get homers to make it seem like they are better, and that leads to pop-outs. I seriously don't think that his last rant had anything to do with their winning steak.

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
He can at least sound a little bit pissed off after such a terrible offensive performance.

When Ozzie went off on his last tirade. Konerko said he is trying as hard as he can, and thats all he can do.

Tirades don't work. The only thing that sparked them was putting their hitting coach on notice for a week. The minute he was safe, they went back into slumber.

JB98
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM

He can't go on a tirade every time we lose.

turners56
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm sure he doesn't want to make his players think that he has given up on them. When you do that, they are try to get homers to make it seem like they are better, and that leads to pop-outs. I seriously don't think that his last rant had anything to do with their winning steak.

The players might as well give up on themselves after doing what they did tonight.

whitesox901
06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Okay boys, get em tommarow, tommarow is a new day, now lets win the series, get the bucco's then take down the scrubs!

turners56
06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
He can't go on a tirade every time we lose.

This isn't just "a loss", it was a waste of everybody's time at the ball park and everybody's time watching it at home. And worst of all, they scattered 3 singles off a guy with a 8 ERA and Jason Grilli! The same Jason Grilli they owned earlier in the season. This was a loss that featured the worst offensive performance of the year and yet another great start by Danks. Everybody associated with the White Sox has a reason to be pissed.

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Just got home. Anyone know what the commotion was in the Patio area in the 4th or 5th that had the whole Rockies bullpen running over to the window?

turners56
Just got home. Anyone know what the commotion was in the Patio area in the 4th or 5th that had the whole Rockies bullpen running over to the window?

Cheese cake?

DrCrawdad
The Sox are truly amazing. They get shut-out tonight by a pitcher with an ERA over 6. And tomorrow they face Aaron Cook who has a 3.21 ERA.

It will really (inhale) to lose 2 of 3 to the Rockies, a team with one of the worst records in MLB.

Rdy2PlayBall
The players might as well give up on themselves after doing what they did tonight.Yea, give up on themselves because their 4.5 game lead isn't good enough for them... All teams get shut-out, but not all teams have one of the lowest (is it the lowest?) ERA's in baseball. They can win, they just have to wait for every 7 game winning steak where they are amazing. They don't have the worst offence in baseball... they are about right in the middle, so we shouldn't see a ton of games like this.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Just got home. Anyone know what the commotion was in the Patio area in the 4th or 5th that had the whole Rockies bullpen running over to the window?They heard a report the Sox had gotten a hit and couldn't believe it.

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Hell, we're what? 6-4 in our last 10? Sure as hell aren't playing like it.

I have no idea what that means...

Rdy2PlayBall
06-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I have no idea what that means...He doesn't get how the Sox have a winning record in the past 10 games.

LongLiveFisk
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe it's time to stop thinking so much. This team wins when it hits bombs. Tell em all to start swinging for the fences, because all efforts at small ball have failed.

This is my thought as well. Hey, we'd all love to see great fundamental baseball ("small ball"), but maybe this team doesn't have the makeup for that. If hitting bombs gets the job done, so be it. If the Sox could win the World Series by hitting the ball out of the park, would it really matter?

Of course, right now, I'd just settle for them hitting the ball out of the infield.
:mad:

RadioheadRocks
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM

They just saved 15% on their car insurance by switching to Geico?

JB98
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
This isn't just "a loss", it was a waste of everybody's time at the ball park and everybody's time watching it at home. And worst of all, they scattered 3 singles off a guy with a 8 ERA and Jason Grilli! The same Jason Grilli they owned earlier in the season. This was a loss that featured the worst offensive performance of the year and yet another great start by Danks. Everybody associated with the White Sox has a reason to be pissed.

But getting all pissed off and throwing a water cooler doesn't make any difference.

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
The players might as well give up on themselves after doing what they did tonight.

See, now this is the exact type of over the top hyperbole that crosses the line into trolling.

I'm a nice guy so instead of giving you a week off, I'm showing you how when you take it too far, it makes my blood boil. Be pissed, but to imply the team should give up makes you sound like a troll...

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
He doesn't get how the Sox have a winning record in the past 10 games.

Actually 7-4 in their last 11. It's simple they crushed Minnesota 4 straight last weekend which is why they are still 4.5 games up in first.

whitesox901
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I wish we'd stop messing with success and get back to mashing. Put Thome back in the lineup. Put Ramirez back in the lineup. Quentin looks like he needs at least a few days off. His average is down to .269 and he struck out 3 times tonight.

Couldn't of said it any better

southsideirish71
06-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Yea, give up on themselves because their 4.5 game lead isn't good enough for them... All teams get shut-out, but not all teams have one of the lowest (is it the lowest?) ERA's in baseball. They can win, they just have to wait for every 7 game winning steak where they are amazing. They don't have the worst offence in baseball... they are about right in the middle, so we shouldn't see a ton of games like this.

We have been shutout 7 times already and its June. Last year we were shutout 11 times, outside of last year from 2000 till now 8 was the magic number of max shutouts for the year.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Is it true that Cook has NINE wins for a team that only has 27 on the season?

Wow that's almost Steve Carlton (1972 - Phillies) like!

Lip

voodoochile
06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
We have been shutout 7 times already and its June. Last year we were shutout 11 times, outside of last year from 2000 till now 8 was the magic number of max shutouts for the year.

Wow, so we've sucked big time on offense this year and we still have a 4.5 game lead? Makes me think happy thoughts for when we get back on track.

SoxSpeed22
06-14-2008, 10:09 PM
http://garlinggauge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/droopy.gif
"We're all gonna die."

It was overdue for this.

EdHerman12
06-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I just got back....caught the rest of the Twins game on the radio...gotta find a way to get hits. That was a sad performance tonight. I feel bad for our pitchers...hopefully the bats will come back tomorrow...when I saw DeRosa's stats before teh game I thougt we'd be ok...but we have a habit of making struggling pitchers look like Cy Young. Had a few :gulp:...gonna have a few more!

KEEP THE FAITH! GO SOX!

Bill Naharodny
06-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Love says:

This is unreal.

Lip

Oh, c'mon Lip. Our guys just need to see the ball and hit it.

If that's what the GM thinks, it's no wonder he's consistently assembled teams that are feast or famine on offense.

DrCrawdad
06-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow, so we've sucked big time on offense this year and we still have a 4.5 game lead? Makes me think happy thoughts for when we get back on track.

Man would I be happy to see the hitters start producing runs on a consistent basis. The Sox pitching has been so good. It would be great to see the offense carry their load a bit more.

Scottiehaswheels
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow, so we've sucked big time on offense this year and we still have a 4.5 game lead? Makes me think happy thoughts for when we get back on track.:hawk
Dadgumright! We can be back to back World Series champs! Wait, you mean I've been saying this same thing for 3 years now? ****! Uh, I mean dadgumit.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Voodoo:

I hope you're right about them getting on track. They have a number of professional hitters -- that's the positive. The negative is that we've seen this offense going into funks and droughts for the past season and a half.

I don't know what to say or think. The point brought up earlier is correct, it's not like you can trade half the team, it's not like you can get two base stealers in the lineup and two guys who can handle the bat and advance runners so the Sox can manufacture runs without the home run.

What you see if probably what you get. In some respects I can understand the angst, seeing what this offense can do, or better worded not do, at times is downright scary.

We'll see.

Lip

BadBobbyJenks
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Probably the worst game I have ever been at. Thankfully the postgame show had my dad and I cracking up the whole ride home. Did anyone hear the drunkard say I am die sox white fan?:scratch:

1 hit off this schmuck who lowered his ERA to 6.89 tonight. What a joke.

Rongey loves to make the point that another hitting coach is not going to change things, then why the hell do the Sox pay Greg Walker? Why does Coop do magical things with the pitching staff and we can give him all the credit in the world, but we can't criticize Greg Walker for this offense sucking?

JB98
06-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Rongey loves to make the point that another hitting coach is not going to change things, then why the hell do the Sox pay Greg Walker? Why does Coop do magical things with the pitching staff and we can give him all the credit in the world, but we can't criticize Greg Walker for this offense sucking?

That's a good question. Pitchers who have stunk elsewhere come to the White Sox and perform well. Hitters who have been at least decent elsewhere come to the White Sox and struggle.

Rdy2PlayBall
06-14-2008, 10:27 PM
That's a good question. Pitchers who have stunk elsewhere come to the White Sox and perform well. Hitters who have been at least decent elsewhere come to the White Sox and struggle.I was just thinking that about the Cubs. Jim Edmonds was batting horrible, and now that he is on the Cubs he seems to be getting better and is helping the team. I think if the Sox pitching coach can make Floyd a great pitcher, a new hitting coach can make the Sox hitters good too. But hey, how do we know a new hitting coach will be better than the one we have?

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 10:35 PM
There's one other point that hasn't been discussed and I think it should be. I think this is starting to become a mental issue with some of the guys.

These are some of the most gifted, competitive people on Earth, by and large, they are also some of the most honest when it comes to themselves. They know when something is wrong and it's not as simple as not watching TV or listening to the radio or not reading newspapers. Inside, deep down... they know there are issues and it has got to be bothering them.

Someone yesterday (I think it was here at WSI) brought up an incredible stat, that the Sox have the second highest batting average with runners in scoring position and less then two out in MLB, but have by far, the worst batting average with runners in scoring position and two out.

If that stat is true the only possible explanation is that collectively, their inability as a team to get clutch hits over the past year and a half is now inside their heads. I can't come up with any other reason. It can't be that all the pitchers they face suddenly make the "perfect" pitch to keep getting them out.

Swisher himself already admitted that his struggles have caused him to press and that's what you'd expect, these are human beings and they are having troubles. It's got to affect them.

Unfortunately I don't have the answer to help them. That has to come from inside themselves and the coaches in my opinion but ultimately it would be an absolute crime to lose a division that is ripe for the taking because as a team the offense simply can't get it together.

We'll see.

Lip

HomeFish
06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
What a frustrating team to follow. I just got home from this game (something the Sox never did while I was there).

You know what, I have more to add, but I'm sick of saying negative things about this team. It's just too easy. Plus you guys look like you can do the job yourselves now.

delben91
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Voodoo:

I hope you're right about them getting on track. They have a number of professional hitters -- that's the positive. The negative is that we've seen this offense going into funks and droughts for the past season and a half.

I don't know what to say or think. The point brought up earlier is correct, it's not like you can trade half the team, it's not like you can get two base stealers in the lineup and two guys who can handle the bat and advance runners so the Sox can manufacture runs without the home run.

What you see if probably what you get. In some respects I can understand the angst, seeing what this offense can do, or better worded not do, at times is downright scary.

We'll see.

Lip

See, this year and a half of crap offense stuff just doesn't make sense to me. New regulars in this year's lineup include Cabrera, Rameriz, Quentin, Swisher. So is it just if you put on a Sox uni you forget how to hit? I don't buy that. We changed 4/9 regulars. Should we change the other 5? Re-change those 4? Some of both? Seems to me you have to count on the players to produce and hope for the best that they play up to their past histories.

That said, I'll come back here after the next 7 game win streak. Even then there's still bitching the likes of which I've never seen, but it's semi-tolerable.

Bad streaks happen to good teams too, everyone calm the **** down. Until then, GO SOX!

thomas35forever
06-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Corpseball at its finest. Get 'em tomorrow.

chisoxfanatic
06-14-2008, 10:52 PM
What a frustrating team to follow. I just got home from this game (something the Sox never did while I was there).

You know what, I have more to add, but I'm sick of saying negative things about this team. It's just too easy. Plus you guys look like you can do the job yourselves now.

HomeFish neglecting to be negative? Nawwwww! Someone's gotten a hold of his account! :wink:

The sad thing about this game is that this team didn't even give themselves many chances to score. I feel bad for Danks. He could've had at least a couple more wins had the offense actually come to play in games he pitches.

Let's get the series win tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Delben:

You bring up some interesting points.

I guess you can say (and I'm not saying this is the case, playing "devil's advocate with you) that the five "regulars" in the lineup have lost it or are now clearly on the downside of their careers.

You can also claim (as someone did earlier) that when guys come over from other organizations and suddenly can't hit, that may be a reflection on Greg Walker.

There could also be one other possibility regarding the new guys, like teams coming into Fenway, when they see that short wall in left, they change their approach, they get "homer happy" and it screws them up. U.S. Cellular Field has a reputation as a hitter's home run park, maybe that is messing with the newcomers.

These are just guesses I have no idea if any of them have any bases in fact.

Lip

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 11:35 PM

I have been holding my breathe for the last 2 seasons for the offense to have a break out as "expected." Starting to feel like this is more fiction that it will be fact.

:(:

JB98
06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Delben:

You bring up some interesting points.

I guess you can say (and I'm not saying this is the case, playing "devil's advocate with you) that the five "regulars" in the lineup have lost it or are now clearly on the downside of their careers.

You can also claim (as someone did earlier) that when guys come over from other organizations and suddenly can't hit, that may be a reflection on Greg Walker.

There could also be one other possibility regarding the new guys, like teams coming into Fenway, when they see that short wall in left, they change their approach, they get "homer happy" and it screws them up. U.S. Cellular Field has a reputation as a hitter's home run park, maybe that is messing with the newcomers.

These are just guesses I have no idea if any of them have any bases in fact.

Lip

I wouldn't say Pierzynski is on the downside of his career. He's hitting .304. He looks like he's on his way to his best season as a White Sox. I think he merits an All-Star selection.

I wouldn't include Crede in that group either. Joe is doing what he's always done. He's hot-and-cold, but for a guy who hits in the bottom third of the lineup, he's productive. I can make a case for Crede to go to the All-Star game as well.

Konerko, Dye and Thome are killing us this year. And Swisher isn't helping.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
That said, I'll come back here after the next 7 game win streak. Even then there's still bitching the likes of which I've never seen, but it's semi-tolerable.

Bad streaks happen to good teams too, everyone calm the **** down. Until then, GO SOX!

The thing (team) is not perfect. We will always have something to bitch about. Unfortunately the offense appears to be the punching bag every day and rightfuly so because it flat out STINKS.

DickAllen72
06-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Konerko, Dye and Thome have been killing us for two years now, especially in clutch situations. Swisher better start hitting for some power soon or he's going to turn out to be a bust.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ozuna and Thome replaced with Fields and Lofton. Platoon them at DH and spot start them at 3B and OF repectively.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 11:49 PM

Bingo.

Those 4 guys are the anchor that is keeping this ship from sailing.

All 4 are having way below career average years.... and we are talking about the guys that in March we might have penciled as your 3-4-5-6 hitters.

The miracle of this is that we are in 1st place (although in a very bad division) and have gottne ZERO production from the heart of the order above. I don't think a single team out there would be surviving a season like this. Thank God for Coop and his pitching staff. They are the reason we still have a shot at this.

Now if they go south on us, look out, all hell will break loose.

ms620
06-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I stopped reading this thread on page 3, so excuse me if i repeat anything. This is what I dont get. People here say they know so much about baseball. That people should stop just reading the stats, and if you actually watch the games you will understand how pathetic our offense is. That Pauly and THome stink. Swisher too. We are feast or famine. So the question is this. Why do we have to say the same things after every game. We all get it. The 2008 white sox are not the second coming of the 27 yankees. Ok? Walker should be fired. We are an embarrassment and the sox will not win with an offense this terrible. Numerous times our pitchers should have gotten wins b/c our offense stinks. We all know this. Why do people have to repeat themselves over and over again. They act like they are shocked. Give me a break. So the sox offense stinks. But you know what, their pitching has been very good. And they ARE in first place. Will they stay there? I dont know. Will there offense turn it up? I dont know. Will their pitching stay solid? I dont know. But what I do know, is that bad offensive games/streaks do not surpise me anymore. Their offense is what it is.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Konerko, Dye and Thome have been killing us for two years now, especially in clutch situations. Swisher better start hitting for some power soon or he's going to turn out to be a bust.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ozuna and Thome replaced with Fields and Lofton. Platoon them at DH and spot start them at 3B and OF repectively.

I think Swisher not be starting over Anderson the rest of the way ....PERIOD.

If anything, toss a coin with him and Paulie for 1B.

LoveYourSuit
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I stopped reading this thread on page 3, so excuse me if i repeat anything. This is what I dont get. People here say they know so much about baseball. That people should stop just reading the stats, and if you actually watch the games you will understand how pathetic our offense is. That Pauly and THome stink. Swisher too. We are feast or famine. So the question is this. Why do we have to say the same things after every game. We all get it. The 2008 white sox are not the second coming of the 27 yankees. Ok? Walker should be fired. We are an embarrassment and the sox will not win with an offense this terrible. Numerous times our pitchers should have gotten wins b/c our offense stinks. We all know this. Why do people have to repeat themselves over and over again. They act like they are shocked. Give me a break. So the sox offense stinks. But you know what, their pitching has been very good. And they ARE in first place. Will they stay there? I dont know. Will there offense turn it up? I dont know. Will their pitching stay solid? I dont know. But what I do know, is that bad offensive games/streaks do not surpise me anymore. Their offense is what it is.

OK, so let's shut the board down since there is nothing new to talk about.

What would like to talk about, the taste of the grilled onions on a Kosher dog down the 3rd base line?

DickAllen72
06-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I stopped reading this thread on page 3, so excuse me if i repeat anything..... Why do people have to repeat themselves over and over again.

I just skimmed your post and stopped reading it halfway down so excuse me, but to answer your question, it's called "venting".

LoveYourSuit
06-15-2008, 12:02 AM
I just skimmed your post and stopped reading it halfway down so excuse me, but to answer your question, it's called "venting".

That's the word I was thinking off.

Rather vent here than pick up the phone and piss off Rongy.

In some cases, better for fans to vent here than kicking the dog at home or beating up the kids.

voodoochile
06-15-2008, 12:06 AM
That's the word I was thinking off.

Rather vent here than pick up the phone and piss off Rongy.

In some cases, better for fans to vent here than kicking the dog at home or beating up the kids.

If those are the options, giving up baseball or anger management counseling or both might be in order...:tongue:

chisoxfanatic
06-15-2008, 12:06 AM

What does a person's knowledge about baseball have to do with irritation and a desire to vent? It's not like people are venting about things that do not even exist. It's a FACT that our pitching has been outstanding, while our hitting has been inexcusable for most of the season. These guys need to start hitting like they're capable of doing.

LoveYourSuit
06-15-2008, 12:11 AM
If those are the options, giving up baseball or anger management counseling or both might be in order...:tongue:

I have the passion. :tongue:

soxfan21
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
The game tonite was just ugly and hopefully we can turn this thing around and get somthing done tomorrow and hopefully get a win. At leas it was a pretty packed house tonite, so that was good I guess.

HomeFish
06-15-2008, 12:38 AM
HomeFish neglecting to be negative? Nawwwww! Someone's gotten a hold of his account! :wink:

Seriously, it's so easy to say bad things about this team right now. Not worth my time or intellect.

This day forward, my posts are going to be all sunshine and lollipops.

RadioheadRocks
06-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Seriously, it's so easy to say bad things about this team right now. Not worth my time or intellect.

And rainbows?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DQJVQSNDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000006OJ8/ref=dp_image_0/103-1926262-0716616?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music)

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
This place is absolutely ****ing schizoid. This is baseball. Ups and downs. Ups and downs. All ****ing year.

Long winning streak, and everybody is orgasmic. Lose a couple, and everybody should be fired, DFA, or outrighted.

SluggersAway
06-15-2008, 01:05 AM
This place is absolutely ****ing schizoid. This is baseball. Ups and downs. Ups and downs. All ****ing year.

Long winning streak, and everybody is orgasmic. Lose a couple, and everybody should be fired, DFA, or outrighted.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

It is as if some of you are watching a season of baseball for the first time. Pull it together folks, the season will work itself out.

HomeFish
06-15-2008, 01:13 AM

Not Brian Anderson's batting average. That has been going straight up. He might hit .260 by the end of next week, wouldn't that be wonderful.

gobears1987
06-15-2008, 01:15 AM

People forget that the season is a marathon. So long as the Sox stay healthy, they will win out the Central in the end.

Jerome
06-15-2008, 01:16 AM
nights like this are why I can't quite get all gung ho about this team, as much as I wanted to after last week

I sure as hell can't diagnose it but there is something definitely wrong with this offense.

LoveYourSuit
06-15-2008, 01:23 AM

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that a baseball season is long and that it is full of ups and down.

But looking at the downs compared to the ups, the way we lose is beyond awful because of the offense. That's the frustration from many fans IMO. And the way we are blowing pitching gem after pitching gem like tonight, this act is becoming criminal.

It is when we don't cash in on a great pitching performance, that's when I want to rant and rave.

LoveYourSuit
06-15-2008, 01:30 AM
People forget that the season is a marathon. So long as the Sox stay healthy, they will win out the Central in the end.

That's a big assumption to make, knowing the types of runs this division has been known to do on us the last few years.

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2008, 01:45 AM
It is when we don't cash in on a great pitching performance, that's when I want to rant and rave.It happens. It has always happened. Whitey Ford lost well-pitched games. Bob Gibson lost well-pitched games. Sandy Koufax lost well-pitched games. Billy Pierce lost LOTS of well-pitched games against Whitey Ford.

Parrothead
06-15-2008, 04:52 AM

I prefer rainbows and puppies.....some people hear say I am just like homefish....parrotfish.

honor to meet ya.

Parrothead
06-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Bingo.

Those 4 guys are the anchor that is keeping this ship from sailing.

All 4 are having way below career average years.... and we are talking about the guys that in March we might have penciled as your 3-4-5-6 hitters.

Sadly Swisher is not far away from his career average.

Stringer
06-15-2008, 05:03 AM
That lead in the division is getting smaller and smaller as the days past

Detroit's bats are warming up

No more of this "its still June" BS....we have to start playing with some offensive consistency

Lets get it done, fellas!!!

Lillian
06-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Well, if the Sox are going to continue to be so streaky, and generally inept on offense, they better at least try to provide this terrific pitching staff with the best defense available. That means both Anderson and Ramirez need to play regularly.

Brian's offense has been decent, and he's hitting .284 vs. Righties.
That ball he hit his last time up was the hardest hit ball of the night. It got to the Left Fielder in heart beat.

Alexie has demonstrated that he can do a lot of things on a baseball diamond, and he has a tremendous baseball acumen. I understand that Uribe had to be rewarded with another start, after his game winning single on Friday, but the Sox can't afford not to have Ramirez in there. His range is much better than Uribe's, and his arm seems to be as strong.
He is the only guy we have who brings serious speed to the lineup.

At least with Anderson and Ramirez in there the team has a little speed, and great defense up the middle. Our pitchers should appreciate that, even if the team doesn't score for them.

Why not let Swisher, Konerko and Thome all take turns at First, and DH, until one or two of them finally get it going?

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Well, if the Sox are going to continue to be so streaky, and generally inept on offense, they better at least try to provide this terrific pitching staff with the best defense available. That means both Anderson and Ramirez need to play regularly.

That ball he hit his last time up was the hardest hit ball of the night. It got to the Left Fielder in heart beat.

Alexie has demonstrated that he can do a lot of things on a baseball diamond, and he has a tremendous baseball acumen. I understand that Uribe had to be rewarded with another start, after his game winning single on Friday, but the Sox can't afford not to have Ramirez in there. His range is much better than Uribe's, and his arm seems to be as strong.

At least with Anderson and Ramirez in there the team has a little speed, and great defense up the middle. Our pitchers should appreciate that, even if the team doesn't score for them.

Why not let Swisher, Konerko and Thome all take turns at First, and DH, until one or two of them finally get it going?

Agreed. Anderson is not a Thome or Paulie. But this year, that's a good thing.

And if neither Thome, Paulie or Swisher get it going, then go sign Lofton to DH.

When does a slump become a career trend?

LITTLE NELL
06-15-2008, 08:14 AM
AJ is the only guy who had a clue last night, maybe he should have a session with the rest of the lineup on how to hit to the opposite field instead of trying to jack evrything over the fence.

SoxFan78
06-15-2008, 08:22 AM
AJ is the only guy who had a clue last night, maybe he should have a session with the rest of the lineup on how to hit to the opposite field instead of trying to jack evrything over the fence.

But then he would be doing Greg Walker's job, which according to Walker, he is already doing.

Max Power
06-15-2008, 08:30 AM
This was the worst game I've ever attended. We didn't get a runner past first the entire game and we didn't really come close to it either. The whole lineup, except AJ, looked baffled against that vaunted Rockies pitching staff. That game could have been 18 innings long and we wouldn't have scored. It's maddening because the pitching was very good, the weather was great, and there was a nice crowd that desperately wanted to get into the game.

Tragg
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
2 utility infielders on a team struggling for offense is questionable (just as having a poor hitter like Uribe at 2b was).
Bring Richar up; cut Ozuna or Uribe.

gobears1987
06-15-2008, 09:06 AM
We would've won if we had Aaron Rowand.

HartmanSox
06-15-2008, 09:20 AM
We would've won if we had Aaron Rowand.

No, we would have won if we had De La Rosa. That guy is lights out.

ChiSox89
06-15-2008, 09:21 AM
i hate losing games when the pitching gives up only 2 runs:angry:

soxfanatlanta
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
My sitter calls in sick, I have to cancel date night, and I get to watch this? :angry:

Ziggy S
06-15-2008, 09:39 AM
i hate losing games when the pitching gives up only 2 runs:angry:

That is especially when those two runs weren't even given up by the pitchers. I'll count one run since the last one was the result of Masset's error. Also, Greg Walker, Paul Konerko, Nick Swisher, and Jermaine Dye Your Plane is Boarding.

The White Sox Pitching Staff Your Table is Ready

balke
06-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't think the Sox are the only team in the league to lose to a horrible series of pitchers. Disappointing loss, but let's be freaking honest, they weren't going to win out at home.

I'll chalk it up to freak game where the Sox couldn't anything together. I'd like to see them make up for it with some wins though.

TomBradley72
06-15-2008, 10:09 AM

I was with a group of friends (a few couples + their young children)...we had Patio area seating for the whole game. About 3-4 complete tools got into it big time because one of them was "mouthing off", or some typical beer muscles bull ****. So they are thowing punches while quickly moving from one end of the Patio area to the other. Bouncing along past families, young children, elderly couples, babies in carriers, etc.

There was a complete lack of security anywhere near the Patio (about 50-60 people sitting/standing in the area). The fight went on and on while all the fans we're yelling to someone/anyone to get security. When the 5-6 clowns from security finally showed up, they held a conference (like a group of umpires) trying to firgure out what to do. By this time a couple of the brawlers slipped away and they escorted the other two out.

The complete lack of security anywhere near the Patio area..which was at capacity (keep in mind..it's all you can drink beer from gates opening to 6:30) was shocking. Followed by a very delayed response, followed by a complete lack of competency. For all the people that had brought their families and children for a White Sox game in the Patio area...the White Sox looked completely incompetent. I've been around plenty of beer soaked fights...but for a lot of these people and their children, it was a very disturbing incident.

TomBradley72
06-15-2008, 10:24 AM
This was the worst game I've ever attended. We didn't get a runner past first the entire game and we didn't really come close to it either. The whole lineup, except AJ, looked baffled against that vaunted Rockies pitching staff. That game could have been 18 innings long and we wouldn't have scored. It's maddening because the pitching was very good, the weather was great, and there was a nice crowd that desperately wanted to get into the game.

I have to agree with you. Since I was out in the Patio area/war zone...you don't have the best view of the game...so I fast forwarded through the TiVO recording when I got home. Other than Danks and Anderson...everone else played like ****...some examples:

Quentin/Cabrera running into each other on a pop up
Swisher/Uribe running into each other on a pop up, Swisher thought it was pretty funny
AJ double clutches on a pitch out..runner safe at second
Paulie's booting of the grounder that could have ended the 7th
Masset/PK screwing up the comebacker that led to the 2nd run
Massive upper cut swings on 1st pitches by Quentin, Konerko, Dye, Crede in a low scoring game...where just getting on base would have been huge
Tavares just stealing at will...we looked like a little league team
Uribe swinging from the heals, and corkscrewing himself into the ground on a 2-strike pitch.Horrible defense, even worse on offense, even worse than that from a situational hitting standpoint. Solid pitching by Danks.

TomBradley72
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
2 utility infielders on a team struggling for offense is questionable (just as having a poor hitter like Uribe at 2b was).
Bring Richar up; cut Ozuna or Uribe.

Richar is hitting .225 at Charlotte (w/7 errors in 25 games) after hitting .230 in two months with Sox last year....he's the answer?

DickAllen72
06-15-2008, 11:08 AM

Another good post from you. I was thinking the same thing while watching the game last night.

alohafri
06-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Sure, but can't the batters at least look like a major league baseball team while losing once in awhile?

voodoochile
06-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Sure, but can't the batters at least look like a major league baseball team while losing once in awhile?

Oh I can see that post game thread. All the "venters" cheering and crying in joyous disbelief because the Sox lost 10-8...

jabrch
06-15-2008, 11:47 AM

It never used to be like this here. WSI has gotten bigger - but our median baseball IQ has not.