PDA

View Full Version : Pods Fans

BadBobbyJenks
06-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Comcast sportsnite just said they will be showing an interview with Scotty after the break.

MCHSoxFan
06-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Just saw it! I miss him. In 2005-2007, him & AJ were my favs. Now, 2008, AJ/Swish are my favs. I just love their attitudes even though are different.

BainesHOF
06-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Pods was kind enough to sign autographs on his way into the park this afternoon. He arrived with Brian Anderson so I'm assuming they did lunch together. Brian made sure to show Pods the World Series monument.

Lip Man 1
06-13-2008, 11:28 PM
He was a big part of the reason the Sox got there and he should "enjoy" the moment.

Hell he won the 2nd game!

It's too bad he couldn't stay healthy, in some respects the Sox still haven't replaced him.

Lip

JB98
06-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Pods was kind enough to sign autographs on his way into the park this afternoon. He arrived with Brian Anderson so I'm assuming they did lunch together. Brian made sure to show Pods the World Series monument.

Toni Ginnetti reports that Pods had lunch with BA and other former teammates this afternoon. As you might expect, Pods reflected fondly on his time in Chicago in the article.

btrain929
06-14-2008, 12:57 AM

Do a lot of the players do that? Sign autos on their way in to the park? Was this a really rare occasion? If not, where do they come in at? I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that if other players do that.

salty99
06-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Do a lot of the players do that? Sign autos on their way in to the park? Was this a really rare occasion? If not, where do they come in at? I wouldn't mind taking advantage of that if other players do that.

It is rare. Pods even stopped doing it last year after so many people kept bothering him.

BainesHOF
06-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks to the autograph hustlers who try to make money off the players, players' combativeness toward even legitimate collectors is at an all-time high.

Even paid signings are presenting problems. This past Saturday, some employees of South Oaks Dodge were barring some hustlers from loading up on Bobby Jenks autographs to the point of literally chasing one hustler off the property. Clowns like that tend to make players cast an evil eye toward regular collectors.