PDA

View Full Version : Streaky Sox

thomas35forever
06-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I know we're only 2 1/2 months into the season, but the Sox have been close to confirming my suspicions that they are very streaky. I'm sure most others on here agree with me. One week, the team can't stop hitting the ball. The next week, they can't hit worth a damn. Or maybe they don't play with the same intensity on the road as they do at home. If the White Sox are indeed a streaky club, I don't know what to make of them should they make the playoffs other than they better be on a hot streak when the postseason comes around.

Cuck the Fubs
06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Baseball tends to be a pretty streaky sport in general!

WhiteSox5187
06-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Baseball tends to be a pretty streaky sport in general!

but the Sox are especially streaky. It'll be one of those years. You just hope the good streaks last longer than the bad streaks.

thomas35forever
06-12-2008, 06:38 PM
but the Sox are especially streaky. It'll be one of those years. You just hope the good streaks last longer than the bad streaks.
Not only that, they have to happen at the right time. The Rockies proved that last year.

LITTLE NELL
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Actually its the hitting thats the streaky one, our pitching is outstanding and leads MLB in ERA and I believe quality starts.

WhiteSox5187
06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Actually its the hitting thats the streaky one, our pitching is outstanding and leads MLB in ERA and I believe quality starts.

That's true, if out pitching holds up we'll be in pretty good shape as far as the Central is concerned. But the playoffs are really a crap shoot for everyone.

Railsplitter
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
If we can get to the point where one guy could hit well for a game even if nobody else did, i.e. Thome being hot one day, Konerko the next, and Dye the after..I think we'd be looking at a champion.

LITTLE NELL
06-12-2008, 08:28 PM
If we can get to the point where one guy could hit well for a game even if nobody else did, i.e. Thome being hot one day, Konerko the next, and Dye the after..I think we'd be looking at a champion.
TCQ was doing that for about 7 weeks. If he had any help we would have a 10 game lead.
You need more than 1 guy to carry an offense.

MCHSoxFan
06-12-2008, 08:35 PM
TCQ was doing that for about 7 weeks. If he had any help we would have a 10 game lead.
You need more than 1 guy to carry an offense.

Yes!