View Full Version : Thursday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
It wasn't his fault.

:burly

I can't hit too, guys.

gobears1987
06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually Buehrle has demonstrated he can hit. He ripped that ball in SF and destroyed that heater in the Sox dugout.

turners56
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually Buehrle has demonstrated he can hit. He ripped that ball in SF and destroyed that heater in the Sox dugout.

We would of needed that one today.

ondafarm
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Yahoo Sports list Konerko as the Sox player of the game. Alas, 1 for 4 with 2 GIDP.

WhiteSox5187
06-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Yahoo Sports list Konerko as the Sox player of the game. Alas, 1 for 4 with 2 GIDP.

Psssh, Yahoo Sports, what do they know?? In fairness to Paulie, that first GIDP required some great defense by Rogers. Paulie hit that ball hard and up the middle. But Rogers' mitt was in the right place at the right time. That's just bad luck.

turners56
06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Psssh, Yahoo Sports, what do they know?? In fairness to Paulie, that first GIDP required some great defense by Rogers. Paulie hit that ball hard and up the middle. But Rogers' mitt was in the right place at the right time. That's just bad luck.

That ball was headed for center field. So was the ball by Swisher. You gotta give crazy man Rogers some credit there.

gobears1987
06-12-2008, 04:01 PM
That ball was headed for center field. So was the ball by Swisher. You gotta give crazy man Rogers some credit there.
That is why he has several Gold Gloves.

Rockman218
06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
In fairness to Paulie, that first GIDP required some great defense by Rogers. Paulie hit that ball hard and up the middle. But Rogers' mitt was in the right place at the right time. That's just bad luck.

Hold the phone. Paulie was at fault for that double play too. If Paulie had payed attention, he'd have seen that the ball didn't go straight into Rogers' glove. It hit off his foot and rolled down the mound. Instead of paying attention to the play, Paulie turned his head in frustration and flipped his bat. Despite all that, Paulie was still only out by a couple steps. He didn't hustle.

Don't get me wrong. I love the guy, but I was just a little pissed when I saw TCQ hustling to break up the play, and the replay showed Paulie dogging it.

doublem23
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM
TBGR: Well, at least we can leave Detroit... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3611)

A bit late, I know, but I didn't think anyone was nervously waiting to relive this stinker.

Daver
06-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Yahoo Sports is wrong.

Imagine that.