PDA

View Full Version : Does Boeing advertise in Comiskey?

BackInBlack
05-06-2002, 12:53 AM
It looks like The Boeing Company is blitzing MLB with ads placed in various ballparks across the nation. Now that Boeing's headquartered in Chicago, I was wondering if they had any involvement with Comiskey Park? Considering all the objects the Sox send into flight (namely baseballs), it seems like a perfect fit. :-)

http://www.adaptivedesign.com/images/webpix/corp5aStage.jpg
Forever New Frontiers

doublem23
05-06-2002, 01:02 AM
I don't think so... Hmmm... Granted, when I go to Comiskey, I don't look at the ads, but off the top of my head, I can't say I remember a Boeing ad.

Max Power
05-06-2002, 01:07 AM
I've only been to one game so far this year, but I'm almost certain there is no Boeing ads currently in Comiskey.

nut_stock
05-06-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
It looks like The Boeing Company is blitzing MLB with ads placed in various ballparks across the nation. Now that Boeing's headquartered in Chicago, I was wondering if they had any involvement with Comiskey Park? Considering all the objects the Sox send into flight (namely baseballs), it seems like a perfect fit. :-)

http://www.adaptivedesign.com/images/webpix/corp5aStage.jpg
Forever New Frontiers

Hmmmmm "Boeing field at Comsikey Park"

Well, I can live with this if it pays for lots of ballpark improvements etc

BackInBlack
05-06-2002, 01:41 AM
Hmmmmm "Boeing field at Comsikey Park"

Ingenius times 1,000!!!

nut_stock
05-06-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack

Ingenius times 1,000!!!

Wow, ingenius is a pretty strong word, but if you intend to use it, I can handle it!

Foulke You
05-06-2002, 02:58 PM
There is currently no Boeing ad in Comiskey Park. The Boeing Field idea may not be without merit. When we started the season at Safeco, the camera crew focused in on a Boeing ad in RF for a long time and Hawk and DJ started talking about what a great company they are and "welcome all the fine folks to Chicago" type stuff. I thought this was odd because Boeing isn't a sponsor of the Sox but then I read that the Sox were trying to sell the naming rights to a large company in Chicago and I put 2 and 2 together. It might not be a bad fit considering Boeing just moved their corporate headquarters here and they may be trying to associate themselves with their new city by having a baseball park named after them. I think the Sox are going to do everything in their power to get the renovations done by the allstar game in 2003.

As long as we're talking ads here, I really love the new ComEd "SOX POWER" billboard in RF. Very cool.