PDA

View Full Version : Great, Albert Belle to visit the Sox

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 12:15 AM
From the Trib:
Coach Belle? Asked about his relationship with Jose Canseco before Thursday's game, manager Jerry Manuel said he generally leaves Canseco alone.

"We don't have 'Albert Belle conversations,'" Manuel said. "He's a very quiet person."

So what's an Albert Belle conversation?

"Anything from religion to baseball," Manuel said.

Manuel said he spoke to Belle just the other day from Belle's Arizona home and said the former Sox outfielder planned on coming to visit the clubhouse in a couple of weeks. Would Manuel ever consider bringing Belle in as a coach, even as a spring training instructor?

"What—so he can grab someone and chew them out?" Manuel replied with a laugh.

While Belle has had some much-publicized problems over the years, he got along well with most of his Sox teammates.

"I think he does have some things to offer," Manuel said. "He's more baseball intelligent that I ever thought he would be."

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2001, 12:30 AM
"I think he does have some things to offer," Manuel said. "He's more baseball intelligent that I ever thought he would be."

Look old man, shut up, get your car keys, and take me to the DQ. I was tonight's PTC and I'm gettin' what I want. Even that ***** PHG had to bend a knee to me.

Don't think you're going to get off with just a chocolate-dipped either. We're talkin' helmet sundae with peanuts and sprinkles, and maybe one of those Blizzard drinks, too.
:hitless

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 12:34 AM
Look old man, shut up, get your car keys, and take me to the DQ. I was tonight's PTC and I'm gettin' what I want. Even that ***** PHG had to bend a knee to me.

:jerry
I don't approve of that kind of talk Royce.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2001, 12:40 AM
I've been carrying your team for weeks now. Even Gammons was breathing down your neck, saying you were about to be canned by the Sox, but no way they can you while I'm ripping the cover off the ball and showing off my silky moves in the field.

We're talking helmet sundae, with peanuts, sprinkles, whip cream and cherry on top. And I don't want no cheap-ass Montreal Expos helmet either. It's got to be a playoff contender like Boston or the Yankees and don't tell me they're sold out or I'll hold my breath and faint at your feet and make you drag me back to the car where I'll throw up all over your detailed upholstery!

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 12:45 AM
We're talking helmet sundae, with peanuts, sprinkles, whip cream and cherry on top. And I don't want no cheap-ass Montreal Expos helmet either. It's got to be a playoff contender like Boston or the Yankees and don't tell me they're sold out or I'll hold my breath and faint at your feet and make you drag me back to the car where I'll throw up all over your detailed upholstery!

Royce when I was your age, I wanted a new bike and when I couldn't get it I held my breath till I passed out and hit my head on the coffee table. Would you settle for a Cubs helmet?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2001, 12:57 AM
Would you settle for a Cubs helmet?

Until MacFail gets that Hardrock, Coco, and Joe deal through waivers, the Cubs ain't got a chance. Garfield Goose has a puss arm, and Romberg Rabbit can't hit his weight. You put me in that line up and it's championship rings for everybody!

FarWestChicago
08-03-2001, 12:58 AM
Garfield Goose has a puss arm, and Romberg Rabbit can't hit his weight.

Yeah, but Romberg Rabbit has great range and on the rare occasion he hits a zinger, he's got a great home run hop!

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 12:59 AM
Until MacFail gets that Hardrock, Coco, and Joe deal through waivers, the Cubs ain't got a chance. Garfield Goose has a puss arm, and Romberg Rabbit can't hit his weight. You put me in that line up and it's championship rings for everybody!

:crimedog
Hey, I am here now and I provide the hitting.

Mathew
08-03-2001, 01:12 AM
I don't understand all the referances to these cartoons, but if we name players after transformers from the late 80's I'll contribute?

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 01:18 AM
I don't understand all the referances to these cartoons, but if we name players after transformers from the late 80's I'll contribute?

I don't know either you would have to ask PHG.

danman31
08-03-2001, 01:51 AM
And I don't want no cheap-ass Montreal Expos helmet either.

LMAO!

Some good comedy in this thread, even though it's completily meaningless. I guess this is what happens when the Sox are under .500.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 08:09 AM
Some good comedy in this thread, even though it's completily meaningless. I guess this is what happens when the Sox are under .500.

Hey thanks we do what we can.
That Royce can be a real pain in my ass sometimes.
Sprinkles this, double-dip that, you know? Who is he to run me down like that? I have had to do a lot of dumb things with the Sox including put his ass over as a good defensive short stop. Can you dig that?

steff
08-03-2001, 12:35 PM
Lovely... as of this team doesn't have enough troubles...