PDA

View Full Version : Not my letter to the Trib...

voodoochile
05-06-2002, 12:14 AM
In today's Tribune, there was a letter from a flubbie fan, who was born in 1949. He says in effect that the Trib should find a way to work with the rooftop owners so as to, (this is a direct quote) "Not mess with the Karma of Wrigley Field".

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the karma of Wrigley Field has been nothing but crappy for well over a 1/2 century and for all of this guys life - no pennants, two division championships, one wildcard and 3 first round exits in the playoffs. It would seem to me that flubbie fans would want to do whatever they can to change the Karma of their home field. Block the rooftop's view, tear down the bleachers, build a dome over the top, tear down the ivy, etc. etc. I mean, how can it hurt? Their Karma is so bad, they need to do something different...

mack10zie
05-06-2002, 12:19 AM
I don't think that the guy knows what karma actually means, which isn't too surprising considering the team that he has chosen to root for.

Procol Harum
05-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Typically vapid North Sider--the dope was actually talking about Wrigley's Vibe not its Karma--that kind of person shouldn't be allowed to put a rainbow sticker on his Audi....

Now the Sox--we got Karma up the wazoo for 1919.... :(: