PDA

View Full Version : Reds lose 3rd shortstop on the year.

Scottiehaswheels
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Hairston broke his thumb stealing a base. Amazing how bad the injury bug has hit that position for them this year.

Edit: I put this in What's the Score as it will invariably lead to a (scratch that), multitude, of Uribe trade propositions.

MCHSoxFan
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Hairston broke his thumb stealing a base. Amazing how bad the injury bug has hit that position for them this year.

Edit: I put this in What's the Score as it will invariably lead to a Uribe trade proposition.

Not from me! :D:

BadBobbyJenks
06-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Juan Uribe for Edison Volquez?

Throw in a minor league pitcher?

Eat Juan's salary?

06-09-2008, 11:24 PM

Eat Juan's salary?
:o:

KRS1
06-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Until one of the young guys proves he can come up and fill-in at MI (Getz, Richar, Bourgeois), I have a feeling we will be keeping Juan as insurance.

PKalltheway
06-09-2008, 11:32 PM

Edit: I put this in What's the Score as it will invariably lead to a (scratch that), multitude, of Uribe trade propositions.
What's even crazier is that Alex Gonzalez and Jeff Keppinger (their original shortstops) both went down with the same injury (broken kneecap).

LoveYourSuit
06-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Until one of the young guys proves he can come up and fill-in at MI (Getz, Richar, Bourgeois), I have a feeling we will be keeping Juan as insurance.

That's a pretty expensive Insurance Policy to have there. You already have Pablo at a much cheaper price.

Tragg
06-10-2008, 12:44 AM

Yes siree. Double M is their man
(I was looking for his picture in the list, but couldn't find it).

KRS1
06-10-2008, 12:44 AM
That's a pretty expensive Insurance Policy to have there. You already have Pablo at a much cheaper price.

Pablo's defense really holds him back from being considered anything other than a nice bench player. With Juan you get a guy who's been there (World Series), and can field his position with the best of them. The experience he has playing SS in the most important of all settings makes him a nice guy to have around if you are willing to overlook the salary. Don't get me wrong, I would hope we jump at any reasonable opportunity to trade him, but I can understand why Ozzie wouldn't mind keeping him around.

DSpivack
06-10-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm hoping Uribe gets traded to the Orioles and becomes the first player ever to play for two different teams in the same game.

Tragg
06-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Richar could easily come in and fill in at 2B. I hope he does just that by at least September (when this thing is wrapped -hopefully) and full-time next year.
No urgent need to get rid of Uribe, I suppose...but if we could get something useful for him (doubtful) or if someone more productive was there to take his roster spot (possible) I'd make the move.

Lip Man 1
06-10-2008, 01:40 AM
In 1992 the Sox were in the same situation.

Ozzie blew out a knee...Craig Grebeck broke his foot. For the last month or so the Sox made a waiver pickup and got Dale Sveum to play short.

Lip

hose
06-10-2008, 02:19 AM
I would just as soon see Uribe finish out the year with the Sox.

It's nice to have his glove as insurance.

BadBobbyJenks
06-10-2008, 03:04 AM
:o:

Joke.

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I'd offer Uribe to Reds and see what they would be willing to send us in return.

If they offer something useful, take the deal. If no, don't.

Ozuna may not be a good defender, but Ramirez provides insurance at SS if Cabrera gets hurt. If that happens, call up Getz or Richar.

06-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Joke.
I was hoping so...

Zisk77
06-10-2008, 09:19 AM

Ozzie blew out a knee...Craig Grebeck broke his foot. For the last month or so the Sox made a waiver pickup and got Dale Sveum to play short.

Lip

I was hoping the sox would make a deal for ozzie smith who wanted out of st. louis (Royce Clayton) at the time.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-10-2008, 11:13 AM

Lip

:o: I totally forgot about Dale Sveum playing SS for us. 1992 was such a disappointing year.

Gammons Peter
06-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm hoping Uribe gets traded to the Orioles and becomes the first player ever to play for two different teams in the same game.

??????

soltrain21
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
??????

We have to finish that suspended game, and new players can play in the game.

Irishsox1
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
They asked Dusty Baker about the injuries and he said, "Don't blame me, it's society dude".

whitesoxfan
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Eat Juan's salary?

:hawk:

WHERE WOULD HE PLAY?