PDA

View Full Version : Stupid trade idea

Optipessimism
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Here's a dumbass trade idea (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/archives/2008/06/five_yankee_tra.html)

This guy proposes the Sox send Konerko, Danks, Swisher, and Thornton away in a 3-way deal that nets them Melky Cabrera (why?), Hideki Matsui (why?), Ian Kennedy (why?) and Ray Durham (why?). The Giants get Konerko, Alberto Gonzalez and Shelley Duncan. The Yankess of couse get everybody good. They get Swisher, Danks, and Thornton.

Then this idiot goes on to say why it makes sense for us. I haven't read that part and I kind of don't want to.

This guy apparently hasn't studied his Yankees-Sox trades of the past. You know, the ones where we rip them off...

turners56
06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Here's a dumbass trade idea (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/st/archives/2008/06/five_yankee_tra.html)

This guy proposes the Sox send Konerko, Danks, Swisher, and Thornton away in a 3-way deal that nets them Melky Cabrera (why?), Hideki Matsui (why?), Ian Kennedy (why?) and Ray Durham (why?). The Giants get Konerko, Alberto Gonzalez and Shelley Duncan. The Yankess of couse get everybody good. They get Swisher, Danks, and Thornton.

Then this idiot goes on to say why it makes sense for us. I haven't read that part and I kind of don't want to.

This guy apparently hasn't studied his Yankees-Sox trades of the past. You know, the ones where we rip them off...

Let's see. We get a 34 year old in his last year of a deal. We get a 4th outfielder, and we get a really bad prospect plus a 2B we really don't need at the very end of his career. All for the cheap price of a quality 1B, a versatile, yet powerful player, a young stud in Danks, and a trustworthy lefty in Thornton. I guess some people are blind. Lol this also solves all of the Yankees' problems. They get a setup man. They dump a 4th outfielder they really don't need, they dump an over-rated prospect, and they dump a to-be free agent slugger. Man, those Yankees fans must really think of the Kenny as an idiot.

Jaffar
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, he has Thome replacing Konerko at first and Melky solving our defensive problems in CF...

Optipessimism
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I know. This is honestly, by far, the stupidest trade idea I've ever seen published. Ever.

That's why I had to post it here. It makes the drunkards that call into the Score after a hard Sox loss sound like geniuses.

Tragg
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Yankee writer.
silly proposal
Another year and Danks alone would bring a Bedard-type haul. But let's trade him and get a Ray Durham NOW.
And if we were out of it, Matt Thornton would bring a couple of good prospects AT the deadline.

The biggest laugher of the trade is the Giants part - they'd give up Ray Durham and receive 2 Yankees prospects and Paul Konerko.
Based on the market last year, they'll get an organizational minor leaguer for Durham and like it.

Sargeant79
06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
That is the dumbest trade proposal I have ever heard...ever.

Navarro's Talent
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Horrible trade idea.

I got a laugh from one of the comments. The guy stated that the Yanks were overpaying for every single one of these proposed deals.

getonbckthr
06-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I shared my opinion over there.

turners56
06-09-2008, 01:54 PM

Same.

balke
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Yankee writer.
silly proposal
Another year and Danks alone would bring a Bedard-type haul.

If Danks keeps doing what he's doing right now, he'll be untouchable. Erase his 2nd start of the season and his ERA is 2.04 on the season. At this moment its 2.88, which is awesome as it is.

Uncle_Patrick
06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
The Yankees are the center of the universe and we should give them anything they want.:rolleyes:

FedEx227
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Good lord that's an awful trade.

kittle42
06-09-2008, 03:51 PM

And you're the expert on horrible trade ideas! :D:

oeo
06-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Let's see. We get a 34 year old in his last year of a deal. We get a 4th outfielder, and we get a really bad prospect plus a 2B we really don't need at the very end of his career. All for the cheap price of a quality 1B, a versatile, yet powerful player, a young stud in Danks, and a trustworthy lefty in Thornton. I guess some people are blind. Lol this also solves all of the Yankees' problems. They get a setup man. They dump a 4th outfielder they really don't need, they dump an over-rated prospect, and they dump a to-be free agent slugger. Man, those Yankees fans must really think of the Kenny as an idiot.

I don't disagree that this deal is dumb, but you're calling Melky Cabrera a fourth outfielder? He's 23 years old...he's going to be good.

cws05champ
06-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't disagree that this deal is dumb, but you're calling Melky Cabrera a fourth outfielder? He's 23 years old...he's going to be good.
But he would not help any more than Brian Anderson at this point...

turners56
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM

On the Yankees he is a fourth outfielder. Plus, is there really a spot for him on this team where he can start everyday?

thomas35forever
06-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Given our situation, Kenny would be run out of town and banished forever if he made that trade. You couldn't even pay me to take Ian Kennedy. This is why some people aren't baseball GMs.

oeo
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
On the Yankees he is a fourth outfielder. Plus, is there really a spot for him on this team where he can start everyday?

Well, if Swisher was traded, there would be an opening in CF...

Corlose 15
06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
The only way in hell that trade has any chance in happening is if Steinbrenner fires Cashman and hires this guy to be his GM.

http://dump.psycco.de/hypnotoad.gif

turners56
06-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, if Swisher was traded, there would be an opening
in CF...

Eh, if Melky can make himself useful as a consistent leadoff hitter, I'm fine with that. Then again, if Swisher continues to improve and ends up with hitting .260 with 25-30 homers and a .400 OBP, that would be a bad deal.

Frontman
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Thome, who can barely handle a full season as a DH, will then play 1st everyday?

As Rob Van Dam would ask,

"Dude, what are you smoking?"

Idiot. Yet another Yankee fan who feels that they are entitled and all other teams would bow down and help them win.

pearso66
06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I saw that earlier on MLBTraderumors.com. I of course like Some of you posted on there on how stupid it was. He said that it would make the Sox better since Konerko and Swisher aren't hitting, and they could put Matsui at DH and Thome at 1st. Then we could plug Kennedy (who couldn't crack their rotation) or Loaiza into the 5 hole in place of Danks. It's absolutely true that Yankee fans think they deserve everything for junk.

FUram5585
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Matsui does have some things that our team could use, namely a guy who can hit for a high average and doesn't have an all or nothing swing. Watching him for a few years now he is a type of player we could use but no way at that price. I wonder if the Yanks could ever fall far enough back to put a selling attitude into the front office, a real quick way for a GM to be shown the door by Hank Steinbrenner

russ99
06-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I saw that earlier on MLBTraderumors.com. I of course like Some of you posted on there on how stupid it was. He said that it would make the Sox better since Konerko and Swisher aren't hitting, and they could put Matsui at DH and Thome at 1st. Then we could plug Kennedy (who couldn't crack their rotation) or Loaiza into the 5 hole in place of Danks. It's absolutely true that Yankee fans think they deserve everything for junk.

No kidding. I thought the Cub fans on that board were bad with their Roberts for cast-offs "rumors". This is flat out ridiculous, and what's worse comes from an actual sportswriter and not some kid posting on a blog...

BRDSR
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
If Danks keeps doing what he's doing right now, he'll be untouchable. Erase his 2nd start of the season and his ERA is 2.04 on the season. At this moment its 2.88, which is awesome as it is.

Usually I hate these types of stats. "Subtract all their bad statistics and look how good their statistics are!" But that one is actually pretty impressive. Now I can't imagine Danks giving up 7 runs in 2.1 innings.

turners56
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Usually I hate these types of stats. "Subtract all their bad statistics and look how good their statistics are!" But that one is actually pretty impressive. Now I can't imagine Danks giving up 7 runs in 2.1 innings.

I think Ozzie should never pitch Danks against Minnesota again.

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Here's the comment I posted there:

How about you send Mariano Rivera to the White Sox for Juan Uribe.

You get a better defensive shortstop than you have now, and we get another middle reliever.

roadrunner
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I saw the sox at yankees stadium in 2005 (the whole series). Rowand was making spectacular catches every game. I could here the fans around me talking about the Yanks should get him. That's typically how they think - the best players (not that Rowand is a "best" player) should be funneled their way. In this case the guy no doubt has a hardon for one of the best young lefties in the game. Sure, send us your prospects that are not panning out for one of ours that is.

veeter
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, he has Thome replacing Konerko at first and Melky solving our defensive problems in CF...We have defensive problems in center? It's the one thing Swisher has done well all year.

the1tab
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I think the Yankees and/or BoSox would consider signing Barry Bonds to a pro-rated contract before they'd trade major league talent for Jim Thome right now... especially being the media whores that both franchises are.

Speaking of trade rumors... how about Sabathia or Meche to the Cubs? Talk about selling your soul for one shot at glory...

lukeman89
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Speaking of trade rumors... how about Sabathia or Meche to the Cubs? Talk about selling your soul for one shot at glory...

hmmm sabathia...how'd he do in the playoffs last year?

voodoochile
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
We have defensive problems in center? It's the one thing Swisher has done well all year.

Last week that seems to be changing...

doublem23
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM

If the best the Cubs can do is Gil Meche... :rolling:

cws05champ
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Sabathia I can see, it would make them odds on favorite to go to the series. MEche...a guy who has 3 years 36 mil left on his contract(something in that range). That would be silly...

turners56
06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Here's the comment I posted there:

Just never pitch Mariano against Jose Guillen or Juan Uribe, they kill him. :redneck

turners56
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM

I don't know why the hell the Cubs would go after Gil Meche. The guy sucks now. But then again, it historically fits the Cubs' agenda.

Ziggy S
06-11-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know why the hell the Cubs would go after Gil Meche. The guy sucks now. But then again, it historically fits the Cubs' agenda.

Here's the historical proof. HENDRY THE THIEF acquired Steve Traschel last season.

turners56
06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Here's the historical proof. HENDRY THE THIEF acquired Steve Traschel last season.

For Scott Moore! And now Trachsel is on the Orioles again...way to go Double-chin Jim!

asindc
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
That trade proposal is high comedy! Can't believe it was actually posted as a serious proposal. Straight from the "what-the-hell,-I'm-drunk-anyway" sports talk radio archives. That is beyond ridiculous.

KenBerryGrab
06-11-2008, 04:39 PM
For Scott Moore! And now Trachsel is on the Orioles again...way to go Double-chin Jim!

They just DFA'ed him.