PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Pods

beasly213
06-09-2008, 10:20 AM
So with the Rockies coming to town this weekend and our favorite player of 05 and least favorite player of 06 and 07 coming with them my question is:

What kind of reaction will he get from the fans?

Personally I plan on clapping for him but I don't really want to see a big standing Ovation like Big Frank got when he came back.

Scott was a great player for us in 05 and will always be remembered but I don't want to see a big standing ovation for him because I feel that is something that has to be earned and I don't think he has done that.

I also don't want to see anybody boo him for no reason..

soxpride724
06-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I guess his walk off shot in game 2 of the WS didn't earn him anything:scratch:

MCHSoxFan
06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
So with the Rockies coming to town this weekend and our favorite player of 05 and least favorite player of 06 and 07 coming with them my question is:

Personally I plan on clapping for him but I don't really want to see a big standing Ovation like Big Frank got when he came back.

Scott was a great player for us in 05 and will always be remembered but I don't want to see a big standing ovation for him because I feel that is something that has to be earned and I don't think he has done that.

I also don't want to see anybody boo him for no reason..

I will go nuts! Thank God I will be sitting in my Scout Seats for that series. I expect the other fans to clap/cheer for him. If ANYBODY boos...:D: For real, though, please do NOT boo.

doublem23
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm sure he'll get a nice ovation... His lack of success in 2006 and 2007 weren't because a lack of effort, he just couldn't ever stay healthy. Plus, he didn't turn into a Magglio Ordonez and become a huge d-bag after he and the Sox parted. Also, he may have hit the most important HR in White Sox history.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/daniel_habib/10/24/podsednik.game2/t1_pods.jpg

I'd hope he'd get a standing ovation the first time he comes to bat.

MCHSoxFan
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm sure he'll get a nice ovation... His lack of success in 2006 and 2007 weren't because a lack of effort, he just couldn't ever stay healthy. Plus, he didn't turn into a Magglio Ordonez and become a huge d-bag after he and the Sox parted. Also, he may have hit the most important HR in White Sox history.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/daniel_habib/10/24/podsednik.game2/t1_pods.jpg

Outstanding points!

balke
He did nothing but good things for the Sox. Cheer big time for the guy. Former All-star, and the main reason offensively the Sox made the playoffs in 2005.

FedEx227
I doubt you'll hear any boos, there just wouldn't be a reason for it.

MCHSoxFan
06-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I doubt you'll hear any boos, there just wouldn't be a reason for it.

Yeah, I know. I mean, it wasn't like he played like crap for no reason! Hell! He couldn't even play because he was INJURED!!! NO BOOS!

Sockinchisox
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
You might not hear anything, considering how bad he's played he might not even play.

beasly213
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't think he shouldn't get a "nice" ovation but I don't think he deserves a loud and long standing ovation like Frank got.

Frank was the Chicago White Sox and I think if we start giving standing ovations to everyone from the 05 team it will cheapen the meaning a bit.

cards press box
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM

Many cheers for the player who hit only the 14th walk off home run in World Series history.

jabrch
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
He should be given a standing O. Same as when Rowand makes it back. Same as when Frank comes back. Same as when anyone who played a big part in the most successful season this franchise had in our lifetimes should get.

The only exception might be if someone left on really bad terms...but that certainly isn't Pods.

soxpride724
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
He should be given a standing O. Same as when Rowand makes it back. Same as when Frank comes back. Same as when anyone who played a big part in the most successful season this franchise had in our lifetimes should get.

The only exception might be if someone left on really bad terms...but that certainly isn't Pods.

THANK YOU!

Optipessimism
06-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Scotty's '05 put him in the history books and in the hearts of Sox fans everywhere. I'm glad I can truly appreciate his accomplishments now that he's not tearing up his groin on the South Side anymore. He deserves a big ovation IMO and I hope he has a few more good years in him.

CubKilla
06-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think he shouldn't get a "nice" ovation but I don't think he deserves a loud and long standing ovation like Frank got.

Frank was the Chicago White Sox and I think if we start giving standing ovations to everyone from the 05 team it will cheapen the meaning a bit.

Why would you NOT want to acknowledge anyone as important as Pods from the '05 World Champions????? Frank deserved the standing O he received because of his contributions to the Sox during his career but he was practically absent in '05. Should that be held against Frank?

:whocares

Chez
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Pods was and is a class act. He deserves a nice ovation.

cheezheadsoxfan
06-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I can close my eyes and see Pods getting greeted at the plate after the World Series HR. And his baserunning played a huge part in '05. He deserves a standing O.

MeteorsSox4367
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Anybody who hits a walkoff to win a World Series game deserves as loud a round of applause as possible. One of my married co-workers has said she would divorce her husband for Pods.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
He did nothing but good things for the Sox. Cheer big time for the guy. Former All-star, and the main reason offensively the Sox made the playoffs in 2005.

He should get a standing O. He was a key player towards the 2005 WS.

hawkjt
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
embraced...he had a huge role in the Sox getting the lead in what...like 23 straight game early in 05?
That helped the Sox build up a huge cushion that kept them afloat when the 14 game lead slimmed to 2 in Sept.

Then of course he hit two homers in the playoffs including the biggie in the World Series.

Pods could not stay healthy but he worked at trying to get back on the field.
That said...hope he has a bad series against the sox.

btrain929
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I was hoping this was going to be a thread saying that he'll be in town soon, and he was going to do an autograph session or something :D:

35th&Shields
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I will go nuts! Thank God I will be sitting in my Scout Seats for that series. I expect the other fans to clap/cheer for him. If ANYBODY boos...:D: For real, though, please do NOT boo.

I would hope to God no one boos. It's not his fault he battled injuries the last couple of years. I would expect nothing short of a nice ovation for Scotty Pods. His HR in the World Series was huge, and cheering for him will be cheering for that World Series victory in a way. I always like him and hope he gets a lot of crowd support.

Gerry
06-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah not wanting to give him a standing ovation is pretty stupid. He was arguably the most important player and had the biggest impact on the team in the 05' season. If he stayed healthy I wouldn't doubt he would still be on the team right now. It's not like he asked to be traded or anything, and he didn't leave like Maggs, he was just released. No drama, no nothing. Standing ovation is what he should get if he plays.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Let's retire #22

Seriously I don't know why anyone would consider booing him. He didn't leave the Sox for more money. I'm going to Sunday's game and I plan on giving him a good cheer his first time up. After that he will be treated like any visiting player.

getonbckthr
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM

This is not a shot at Frank but Scott Podsednik had a bigger impact on 05 than Thomas.

manders_01
06-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll be cheering for Pods. Then again, I'll be cheering for all of the Rockies. :tongue: More importantly, I'll be cheering for all of the Sox louder and decked out in Sox gear. :D:

beasly213
06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
This is not a shot at Frank but Scott Podsednik had a bigger impact on 05 than Thomas.

Agreed. But Frank had a bigger impact on the White Sox organization as a whole throughout his career.

Oldfellah
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
He was one of my favorite players while in a WS uniform and that won't change. If I were at the game, I would give a standing O for him!!

hi im skot
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Podsednik: 2005 (um, 2006-2007...)

Thomas: 1990-2005, and, you know, he's Frank ****ing Thomas

Zisk77
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
I know my brother (who is flying up from Atlanta for the series) and I will give Pods a standing O.

A funny note: I coach Hs baseball in a town not far from where Neal Cotts grew up. Our summer baseball camp for the little kids started today. I was teasing some of the kids about being Cubs fans (I live in Cardinal country). i said you could do it the Cardinal/Whitesox way (start the propaganda early :redneck) and listen to the coaches and do the little the things that help you win ball games or you could do it the Cub way and make a stupid mistake at the wrong time to ruin your year and then blame it on a goat. :D: One of the kids piped up that he was a Cubs fan because his cousin was Neal Cotts. I quickly replied that I will always love your cousin for 05 and a game 2 ws victory (thats a good trivia question most didn't know he was the pitcher of record when Pods walked us off...and Marte got the W in game 3).

GlassSox
06-09-2008, 08:36 PM
We will be there Saturday night and he will get standing O from us. Many great memories especially being at WS game 2 and my wife praying while Pods was at the plate. We will never forget. :D:

RadioheadRocks
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Not so much for the responses, but just for the fact that this thread was started with the notion that Pods shouldn't receive a standing ovation when he appears at the Cell this weekend earns this thread one of these...

http://picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/disappointing-thread.jpg

johnnyg83
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
standing O. For the greatest HR in White Sox, nay Chicago history.

chisoxfanatic
06-09-2008, 11:09 PM
I'll be giving him a standing ovation when I'm there Friday night. There is no reason not to!

soxfan21
06-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll give him a standing O when I am there on saturday and sunday. He did a lot for this team for the short time that he was there, and I'm sure he will be welcomed back very well.

The Milkman
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
standing O. For the greatest HR in White Sox, nay Chicago history.

Can we call it arguably, the greatest White Sox homer ever (without Konerko's crazy game changing GS, Pods never gets the opportunity to be up there.)???

btrain929
06-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Can we call it arguably, the greatest White Sox homer ever (without Konerko's crazy game changing GS, Pods never gets the opportunity to be up there.)???

True dat. Especially since Konerko's homer was when we were losing (more pressure). Pods homer was when it was tied (less pressure).

They BOTH were spectacular, though, let's not lose sight of that.

soxpride724
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
I'll give him a standing O when I am there on saturday and sunday. He did a lot for this team for the short time that he was there, and I'm sure he will be welcomed back very well.

I'm with you buddy. I will be there on Saturday and will be sporting my Pods sox jersey as I give him a hand and a standing O.

ChiSoxFan7
06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
if i could go, i'd be going nuts for him. essentially his career "ended" here. we abused/ ran his legs into the ground and got him a WS championship (and hey so did we)...

plus i almost hit him with my car after a game i '05 so i'd drink to him!:gulp:

JUribe1989
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
He deserves a humongous standing ovation, and I'll be in attendance with my Podsednik name and number t-shirt.

WhiteSoxJunkie
06-12-2008, 09:07 PM
The team kept a seat blue just because of him! Of course he deserves a standing ovation.

Chicken Dinner
06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Lets see, Frank gets a standing O and crushes 2 homers.......Pods gets a standing O and steals 2 ****ing bags off AJ?

manders_01
06-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Pods has been signing autographs near the Rockies bench for the past half hour. I've seen a lot of his jerseys and T-shirt jerseys tonight.

Steelrod
06-14-2008, 08:35 AM
...and he returned the honor, giving us a standing ovation at 3rd to end the game!
Good luck Scotty.. starting Monday!