PDA

View Full Version : 5 1/2 Game Lead on June 9

doublem23
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
That would be the cushiest division lead in the Majors, everyone.

:bandance:

Let us relive that glorious 3rd inning yesterday:

White Sox batting, leading 3-1, facing Kevin Slowey
A.J. Pierzynski singles to RF
Carlos Quentin doubles to LF; Pierzynski to 3B
Paul Konerko doubles to RF; Pierzynski, Quentin score
Jim Thome strikes out
Jermaine Dye singles to RF; Konerko scores
Nick Swisher strikes out; Jermaine Dye steals 2B
Joe Crede doubles to RF; Dye scores
Alexei Ramirez singles to CF; Crede scores
Orlando Carbera singles to LF; Ramirez to 2B
A.J. Pierzynski flies out to deep LF/CF

5 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors, 2 LOB; White Sox 8, Twins 1

VeeckAsInWreck
06-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I was there and enjoyed every second of it! :gulp:I went to buy a churro and got back to my seat before the inning started. To watch that and enjoy my tasty treat I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

munchman33
06-09-2008, 09:33 AM
More importantly, everyone in our division seems to suck. We could realistically wrap this thing up in the next two weeks.

I saw Kenny Williams when I was grabbing my coffee this morning. Someone went up to him to congratulate him on the season going so well, and he was all like "it's a grind, we're really gonna have to battle all year."

Kenny and I can't agree on anything.

Rocky Soprano
06-09-2008, 09:37 AM
More importantly, everyone in our division seems to suck. We could realistically wrap this thing up in the next two weeks.

I saw Kenny Williams when I was grabbing my coffee this morning. Someone went up to him to congratulate him on the season going so well, and he was all like "it's a grind, we're really gonna have to battle all year."

What did you want him to do? Bust out a little dance and say the division is as good as ours?

It is a battle and there is no way this division can be wrapped up in the next two weeks. Its June! You forget what happened to our huge lead in 05? All it takes is for a team to get hot and the Sox hit a slump. It is a battle! The Sox are in the drivers seat and I hope they keep hitting the gas!

balke
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Its called a winning attitude Munchman. :rolleyes:

What I'm super happy about is the potent Tigers are 10 games back, with the weather heating up. I think their offense is going to wake up, but they don't have the pitching to make-up a 10 game deficit, even if they score 6 per these next 2 months.

SoxFan78
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Yesterday was indeed a great game. Also, I did not realize the Sox didnt even strike out in yesterday's game. Way to go Walker for doing your job! The Sox have a very favorable schedule this month and if they can captalize then it couild be smooth sailing come the months ahead.

Irishsox1
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
You have to think that someone in the division is going to get hot, but right now everyone in the division is bogged down with either poor pitching or injuries. After watching the Indians have one of the best second halfs in 2005, I never right off a team and I hold my breath until the last out clinching the division.

Rocky Soprano
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
You have to think that someone in the division is going to get hot, but right now everyone in the division is bogged down with either poor pitching or injuries. After watching the Indians have one of the best second halfs in 2005, I never right off a team and I hold my breath until the last out clinching the division.

Exactly!

skottyj242
06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Yesterday was indeed a great game. Also, I did not realize the Sox didnt even strike out in yesterday's game. Way to go coop for doing your job! The Sox have a very favorable schedule this month and if they can captalize then it couild be smooth sailing come the months ahead.

:scratch:

Rocky Soprano
06-09-2008, 09:45 AM

Don't you know that we still want Walker to get fired?! Coop fixes everything!
:D:

beasly213
06-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Yesterday was indeed a great game. Also, I did not realize the Sox didnt even strike out in yesterday's game. Way to go coop for doing your job! The Sox have a very favorable schedule this month and if they can captalize then it couild be smooth sailing come the months ahead.

Don't you mean way to go "walker" :scratch:

Regardless the team is playing great and one of my favorite things to do at work is check out our pitching staffs ERA on whitesox.com.

It makes me smile every time. :)

Foulke You
06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
More importantly, the surging offense has provided a much needed "deep breath" for our pitching staff. Ozzie was able to rest the key guys in the pen the past few days and the starters haven't had to pitch stressful innings. If the offense keeps up, this bodes well for our pitching staff later in the season. I really was worried that the starters and pen would be out of gas by September if we kept up our 3-1 and 2-0 type victories all the time. Of course, if we continue to score 12 runs per game, it really doesn't matter how well our pitchers do.:tongue:

PatK
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I missed that big third inning.

I went out to get the grill ready for dinner and didn't have the radio on.

geraldfritz
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
More importantly, the surging offense has provided a much needed "deep breath" for our pitching staff. Ozzie was able to rest the key guys in the pen the past few days and the starters haven't had to pitch stressful innings. If the offense keeps up, this bodes well for our pitching staff later in the season. I really was worried that the starters and pen would be out of gas by September if we kept up our 3-1 and 2-0 type victories all the time. Of course, if we continue to score 12 runs per game, it really doesn't matter how well our pitchers do.:tongue:

That just goes to show how good the Loaiza signing is, no matter how he does. Just someone to eat up a few innings and save those other arms for when we need them.

I love it.

doublem23
06-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I missed that big third inning.

I went out to get the grill ready for dinner and didn't have the radio on.

Ms. Doub and I went out for a pizza... Luckily, I paused the DVR before we left. DVR is the best thing to television since color; HDTV included. :cool:

guillen4life13
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
That would be the cushiest division lead in the Majors, everyone.

:bandance:

Let us relive that glorious 3rd inning yesterday:

White Sox batting, leading 3-1, facing Kevin Slowey
A.J. Pierzynski singles to RF
Carlos Quentin doubles to LF; Pierzynski to 3B
Paul Konerko doubles to RF; Pierzynski, Quentin score
Jim Thome strikes out
Jermaine Dye singles to RF; Konerko scores
Nick Swisher strikes out; Jermaine Dye steals 2B
Joe Crede doubles to RF; Dye scores
Alexei Ramirez singles to CF; Crede scores
Orlando Carbera singles to LF; Ramirez to 2B
A.J. Pierzynski flies out to deep LF/CF

5 runs, 7 hits, 0 errors, 2 LOB; White Sox 8, Twins 1

You wanna tell me why A.J. didn't score on a double, and Thome+Swisher both struck out? They didn't even make contact!

I seriously hope that the offense is truly heating up and can sustain a high level of play for the rest of the season. I'm not asking for 10+ runs a game, but 6 runs would be really good. Hell, with our pitching staff, 4-5 runs a game should be good enough for a win in most situations.

SoxFan78
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM

Don't you mean way to go "walker" :scratch:

Regardless the team is playing great and one of my favorite things to do at work is check out our pitching staffs ERA on whitesox.com.

It makes me smile every time. :)

Yes, I did mean walker. I changed my post because I am a moron!

jabrch
06-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I see no reason this team won't be a contender all year.

MCHSoxFan
06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I see no reason this team won't be a contender all year.

I don't either!

Chez
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Unlike Detroit (Bonderman, Rogers, Zumaya, Rodney), Cleveland (Borowski, Westbrook)and Minnesota (Liriano), our pitching staff has been remarkably healthy --and remarkably good. Let's enjoy this run but not get ahead of ourselves. There's 100 games left.

kjhanson
06-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Save Homefish, you've been the most pessimistic person on this board since last fall. And now you don't think the last 100 games will be a "grind" or "battle"? Put down the kool-aid.

jcw218
06-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Yesterday was indeed a great game. Also, I did not realize the Sox didnt even strike out in yesterday's game. Way to go Walker for doing your job! The Sox have a very favorable schedule this month and if they can captalize then it couild be smooth sailing come the months ahead.

Actually, the White Sox did have a few strike outs in Sundays game, six to be exact (Cabrera, Pierzynski, Thome x2, Dye and Swisher). The White Sox did not strike out in Friday's game. Saturday the White Sox struck out four times against Hernandez.

It's Time
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
I think it's the White Sox division to lose. I must admit that I was way off with regards to the divison, as it has been pure crap.

Not one team in the Central (other then the beloved) is even at .500.:cool:

balke
06-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I think it's the White Sox division to lose. I must admit that I was way off with regards to the divison, as it has been pure crap.

Not one team in the Central (other then the beloved) is even at .500.:cool:

Sox are 20-8 v. the Central.

It's Time
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Sox are 20-8 v. the Central.

Taking care of business. The only team that MIGHT be equipped to make a run would be the Indians.

That said, I still think it's the White Sox divison to lose.:cool:

areilly
06-09-2008, 01:27 PM

To be honest, I don't see any of this year's ALC teams pulling an '05 Indians. Maybe Detroit if they decide to start living up to the hype, but at this point I think they're in too deep a hole for it to matter.

munchman33
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Save Homefish, you've been the most pessimistic person on this board since last fall. And now you don't think the last 100 games will be a "grind" or "battle"? Put down the kool-aid.

Well, I was completely off about our pitching. And Detroit and Cleveland flat out stink (not to mention they've had some devastating injuries). The Twins are our biggest competition...and that's pretty laughable. We'll probably have a double digit lead over everybody by the break.

whitesox901
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
6.5 now! :bandance:

Nellie_Fox
06-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Maybe Detroit if they decide to start living up to the hype, but at this point I think they're in too deep a hole for it to matter.Their pitching problems are getting worse. Did you see Willis's 1.1 inning gem tonight? He's a mess.

gobears1987
06-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Their pitching problems are getting worse. Did you see Willis's 1.1 inning gem tonight? He's a mess.Let's not forget his 8 ER during that brilliant 1 1/3.

johnr1note
06-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Let's not forget his 8 ER during that brilliant 1 1/3.

Indeed. I am of the opinion the Marlins made Detroit take Willis as part of the deal to get Cabrera. "You want Miguel? Take Dontrelle too, and you have a deal!"

Nellie_Fox
06-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Indeed. I am of the opinion the Marlins made Detroit take Willis as part of the deal to get Cabrera. "You want Miguel? Take Dontrelle too, and you have a deal!"Then why did Detroit sign him to a three-year extension before the season even started? They obviously thought they had gotten a good pitcher.

LoveYourSuit
06-10-2008, 01:47 AM
White Sox struck out four times against Hernandez.

Striking out against Hernandez should be a fine in kangaroo court.