PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to Cork and Kerry tonight?

thedudeabides
06-09-2008, 02:18 AM
I guess Gavin, Boone, Coop, Farmer, and they said a couple of unnamed players were hanging out there. Couldn't make it myself, family obligation, but was trying to get the girlfriend to go. I've heard Coop is a blast to drink with and if you buy him a beer, he is not afraid to start telling stories.

rocky biddle
06-09-2008, 08:28 AM
I was gonna walk over there but humidity is no friend of mine.

I would be interested to hear how it was though. I heard the last one was a good time.

CubKilla
06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I'd love to go but, everytime they have Coop at the Cork, I'm working.

Stupid work.

btrain929
06-09-2008, 01:32 PM
I was listening on the radio when Coop and Boone were there. Boone sounded wasted. He was talking about how he loved taking shots, etc. Definitely the BA side of him lol.

PS For anyone who has ever went down there while Coop or any players were there, do they sign autographs as well if you ask them? I understand they are just there to do the radio show and interact with the fans and even have a couple beers. I was just seeing if anyone was ever there and actually saw them do some autographs. If so, then I'd like to take advantage of that. If they don't, then I'm obviously not going to bother them and push the issue.

ChiSoxGirl
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I guess Gavin, Boone, Coop, Farmer, and they said a couple of unnamed players were hanging out there. Couldn't make it myself, family obligation, but was trying to get the girlfriend to go. I've heard Coop is a blast to drink with and if you buy him a beer, he is not afraid to start telling stories.

I went down there after the game and it was a total waste of time. I got there shortly before 6p and every table in the room where the broadcast was set up had a "Reserved" sign on it and someone wearing a Cork & Kerry shirt told us we couldn't sit at any of them. Instead, they dragged a couple of benches out for us to sit on. We were relegated to leaning up against the wall on a bench on the opposite end of the room from the broadcast. And I don't know if it was the acoustics, the amount of people in the room, or a combination of both, but we couldn't hear a thing and ended up leaving by 7:45. We heard the broadcast better on the car radio than when we were in the same room with them!

The "free food buffet" the commercials promoted was way at the back of the beer garden and the only reason we knew that was because it was found accidentally; there was no signage.

Coop brought Ed Farmer with him and not five minutes after we left, Coop said Gavin Floyd and Boone Logan were there. I was annoyed that we just missed them, but it's not like we would've been able to hear anything they were saying anyway....

All in all, I was really disappointed. I've been to a number of Rongey remotes before and this was not nearly as good. I may give Coop at the Cork another try later this summer, but if it's the same kind of deal, I won't go again.