PDA

View Full Version : Yet another thread regarding Lincecum and the Sox (Not a rumor, just a question)

JermaineDye05
06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Do you guys think the sox actually have a shot at prying Lincecum away from the Giants? They need hitting badly so obviously Joe Crede would have to be part of the deal, there would also have to be some scenario where the Giants have some kind of window so sign him to an extension. Now IF all that were to happen do the sox have what it would take to get Lincecum on the south side? Or would it simply be too much and not even worth it for the Sox right now. Just curious. I know Lincecum is a stud and Joe Crede+Lance Broadway is not what I'm suggesting. I'm just asking if a package that involved Crede could even be possible to snag Lincecum.

turners56
06-08-2008, 01:23 PM
This is even sillier than the Ichiro threads. The Giants wouldn't give him up for anything.

JermaineDye05
06-08-2008, 01:25 PM
This is even sillier than the Ichiro threads. The Giants wouldn't give him up for anything.

That's what I figured, considering they are in dead last and he's got to be the only player bringing fans to the ball park. Still doesn't hurt to ask though.

turners56
06-08-2008, 01:28 PM
That's what I figured, considering they are in dead last and he's got to be the only player bringing fans to the ball park. Still doesn't hurt to ask though.

Lincecum is basically the only thing the Giants have to look forward to. With the way he's dominating right now, I doubt the Giants will give him up for A-Rod even if the Yankees end up picking up 75% of his contract. Plus, with 4 strong starters right now and Crede showing that he is indeed healthy and producing well, the trade doesn't really help the team out that much. If it was somehow possible that is...

sullythered
06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
They might consider trading him for Edinson Volquez. Might. So if we offered Danks AND Floyd, that might be a starting point. I have no idea why these threads keep popping up wondering if we could possibly acquire one of the best young arms in the game. Why just Lincecum? Why not every other super young star in the league that is on a crappy team?

jabrch
06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Do you guys think the sox actually have a shot at prying Lincecum away from the Giants?

Not in a million years.

Frater Perdurabo
06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
The Giants would not trade their best pitcher, who also happens to be young and cheap, unless they could acquire several MLB-ready blue-chip prospects in return.

Tragg
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Think free agents....the Sox should have some money to spend. Teams want young talent, and the Sox don't have young talent to trade. We might move one of the vets - but not for a huge bounty.
(and be careful when you do that- you need a really powerful hitter at 1B or DH - none of this Lyle Overbay/Frank Cat silly stuff).

On a similar note, completely hijacking this thread, does the draft of an infielder perhaps increase the chances of Fields learning to play 1B?

Boondock Saint
06-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Lincecum is an überstud. You build around guys like that, not trade them away for assorted parts. I'd weep tears of joy if we somehow pried him away from them, but I'm not wasting my time waiting for it to happen.

nodiggity59
06-09-2008, 12:28 AM
I don't know. A combo of Danks, Floyd, and Fields isn't a bad offer. As a side note, it wouldn't shock me if KW moved Danks and Floyd for some kind of pitching stud.

"Selling high" I guess.

Boondock Saint
06-09-2008, 01:25 AM
I don't know. A combo of Danks, Floyd, and Fields isn't a bad offer. As a side note, it wouldn't shock me if KW moved Danks and Floyd for some kind of pitching stud.

"Selling high" I guess.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Danks and Floyd ARE pitching studs. Danks was the 9th overall pick in 03, and Floyd was the 4th overall pick in 01. They just happen to be hitting their collective strides simultaneously. This type of success, or something similar to it, is generally expected of players drafted that high. It would be absurd for KW to trade those guys away at this point.

CubKilla
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Lincecum? Above poster's already made my feeling known on him.

As for other teams, trade Fields to them, re-sign Crede.