PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal: White Sox showed interest in Lofton?

gf2020
06-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Under the headline "Added Loft," Fox sports' Ken Rosenthal says in a video report apparently just added to the foxsports mlb page that Kenny actually considered bringing back Kenny Lofton recently.
:puking:

I am not sure I believe it. I am desperate to make the playoffs, but not desperate enough to bring that turd aboard. Hopefully, they just bring Jerry Owens up if they do indeed get rid of Ozuna or Uribe. I'm actually really happy with BA now that he is taking his job more seriously.

WSox597
06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
As of right now, we could use the "where's he gonna play?" picture accurately.

Would he replace Quentin? No. Dye? No.

Swisher or Anderson? No and no.

Pinch runner? He's over 40, so no.

I actually liked him as a player, a few years ago. I didn't hear about his locker room cancer status until recently. But he's on the down side of 40, so pass.

103 screwball
06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
I was really happy when KW signed Lofton the first time. I was happier when KW got rid of him the first time. I trust KW if he feels a true lead off hitter would bring the Sox another World Series Championship. I'm hoping he can find someone else besides Lofton. I love that our GM is always agressive and looking for ways to improve the team. We may not always agree with some of his moves. That can be said about any GM. However with KW there is absolutely no doubt that he is driven by the desire to WIN. No, I'm not KW Jr in disguise.

turners56
06-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Meh, Kenny's best response is most likely, "we already have a guy like him in AAA (referring to Owens)." Kenny's not going to play everyday, so I really don't think it's a worthy deal.

munchman33
06-08-2008, 12:52 PM
As of right now, we could use the "where's he gonna play?" picture accurately.

Would he replace Quentin? No. Dye? No.

Swisher or Anderson? No and no.

Pinch runner? He's over 40, so no.

I actually liked him as a player, a few years ago. I didn't hear about his locker room cancer status until recently. But he's on the down side of 40, so pass.

Yes and yes.

turners56
06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes and yes.

Swisher is showing improvement.

Tragg
06-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Yes and yes.
No and No

The Immigrant
06-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Meh, Kenny's best response is most likely, "we already have a guy like him in AAA (referring to Owens)." Kenny's not going to play everyday, so I really don't think it's a worthy deal.

Plus, Lofton is a royal prick who doesn't deserve any favors from KW. Enjoy your forced retirement, you mercenary *******.

Brian26
06-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Plus, Lofton is a royal prick who doesn't deserve any favors from KW. Enjoy your forced retirement, you mercenary *******.

Lofton mailed it in for the Sox in 2002 when things started looking south, but he was more than happy to start hustling when he was traded to the Giants who had a chance for the playoffs. No thanks.

chisoxmike
06-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Pass on Lofton.

getonbckthr
06-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Since he isn't an upgrade to potential in house solutions I say no thank you Kenny.

DumpJerry
06-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Fox sports' Ken Rosenthal says....
Consider the source. During the World Series last year, he said the Rockies got there by beating the Cubs and D-Backs (I'm sure the Phillies also forgot about that series).

He never knows what he is talking about.

balke
06-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Lofton would be a better option than Coco IMO. He'd probably take Anderson's spot on the roster if it happened. I'd pass on him, but I wouldn't freak out if the Sox got him. He's good even at the age of 60 or whatever.

Tragg
06-08-2008, 11:35 PM
No
We have a stellar defender as backup CF now...one who will probably improve with PT and is improving this year and who very well may start next year.