PDA

View Full Version : Crede Credits Walker For Hitting Surge

cheezheadsoxfan
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Kinda interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=Alsn.IL4XAFvylHhTThigi0RvLYF?gid=280607 104&prov=ap

itsnotrequired
06-07-2008, 11:21 PM
greg walker is a virus that kills babies.

:happybday

FielderJones
06-07-2008, 11:29 PM
But, Walker doesn't do anything except tell the guys to swing hard and swing from the heels.

kevin57
06-07-2008, 11:30 PM
How much is Walker paying Crede to be his PR machine?

DumpJerry
06-08-2008, 12:29 AM
:borass:
Mr. Walker: If I can repay you for this favor, please let me know. Don't be shy, no request is too large.

HangWiffum
06-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Walker said, "you better start hitting or they're gonna fire my ass."

Frankfan4life
06-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Walker said, "you better start hitting or they're gonna fire my ass.":rolling:

MeanFish
06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
:rolling:

Funny, and yet there could be something to that. Is there not a chance that some of the guys have turned it up to eleven after the controversy this week? We've been absolutely crushing the ball since then.

TornLabrum
06-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Funny, and yet there could be something to that. Is there not a chance that some of the guys have turned it up to eleven after the controversy this week? We've been absolutely crushing the ball since then.

My column this week talks about Ozzie's little tirade and how that might have gotten the hitting going. I wouldn't be surprised, but for a different reason. My theory is that Ozzie's rant put the attention on him and off the players.

LITTLE NELL
06-08-2008, 08:12 AM
My column this week talks about Ozzie's little tirade and how that might have gotten the hitting going. I wouldn't be surprised, but for a different reason. My theory is that Ozzie's rant put the attention on him and off the players.
Hawk mentioned that point last night and I agree. One other point, its been an adage in baseball that to never judge a baseball team until the weather warms up. MB mentioned in the paper today how much he likes to pitch in hot weather and Im sure 99% of hitters feel the same way.

Frontman
06-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Hawk mentioned that point last night and I agree. One other point, its been an adage in baseball that to never judge a baseball team until the weather warms up. MB mentioned in the paper today how much he likes to pitch in hot weather and Im sure 99% of hitters feel the same way.

Buehrle likes being warm/hot when he's on the mound. Heck, I've seen on 80 degree days he sometimes still has the thermal sleeves on when out on the mound.

And no matter who or what turned them around; they need to keep it up. If they go cold when they hit the road later this week, it might just be them being at home in a hitter's park.

rocky biddle
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM

Absolutely not. Motivation has no place in sports. Ozzie is a clown.

/windsock'd

thomas35forever
06-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Who else thinks Crede should win AL Player of the Week?

HawkDJ
06-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Greg Walker caused global warming.

PicktoCLick72
06-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Greg Walker is global warming.

Frater Perdurabo
06-08-2008, 02:31 PM

Greg Walker is global warming.

I thought he was more responsible for the methane problem. :D:

Seriously, I'm glad to see Crede hitting so well. And if Walker has been helping him, great!