PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Where's the Postgame Win Thread? Sox win 11-2 Postgame Thread

Frater Perdurabo
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Very nice win, guys!

Home cooking is good for the bats and for Buehrle!

Hope everyone is all right vis a vis the tornadoes.

turners56
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
What a game! I think we finally got the scouting report on Livan Hernandez this time. Took them a god damn while! We should sweep this series the way the Twins have been playing these past two games. They just look completely out of it half the time. Especially that guy called Gomez in center and that guy Cassila at second.

October26
06-07-2008, 09:01 PM
So happy for Mark Buehrle for this great outing. Sox gave the Twins a beatdown today - yes! :bandance:JOE CREDE! :bandance:

turners56
06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Mark was just brilliant today. But, he was victimized by Mike Redmond. Some things never change...

gogosox16
06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I love it, cause TCQ is in a little slump right now and everyone else is finally hitting, and picking up the slack:bandance:

BoysMom3
06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I am out of my mind with happiness!!! Towards the end of the game I was telling my husband I was about to cry - such good baseball makes me so happy! And my eyes were really welling up!! Now this is fun!!! So much better than the suckfest that last summer was! Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!! :bandance: :D:

Lip Man 1
06-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Good pitching, good hitting adds up to a White Sox winner.

That's the way to play the game.

Lip

turners56
06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Good pitching, great hitting adds up to a White Sox winner.

That's the way to play the game.

Lip

That's better.

Mohoney
06-07-2008, 09:07 PM
That trickle you hear is the Minnesota Twins pitching staff pissing away this series.

Great game by Mark Buehrle, who is looking more and more like he's ready to join our other four starters and mow people down.

5-0 on the homestand. 18-9 at home on the season. 19-8 against the AL Central on the season.

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I've been living here for a while; but, I NEVER get tired of hearing those fireworks after home runs!

Joe Crede...Yes indeedie!!!

Mark Buehrle needed that run support in the worst way! Let's get them again tomorrow!!!

oeo
06-07-2008, 09:09 PM
The Minnesota Twins are not very good this year...let's finish this series off and take a nice healthy lead in the division.

KyWhiSoxFan
06-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Ramirez is going to be hard to get out of the lineup. Uribe won't be seeing much action anymore. Ramirez has really earned the starting position.

INSox56
06-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Got home just in time to see the final out and HOLY **** what an offensive showcase. Crede with 4 homers in 2 games? W-O-W

Soxman219
06-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Does Crede have like 12 RBIs this series so far? He keeps this up and he will be AL player of the week.

32 hits for 22 runs is signs of a great offense and how you win games consisently. Let's hope they keep this up!:bandance:

2 down, 2 to go

Zisk77
06-07-2008, 09:12 PM
OC padding his stats with menaingless hits again.:tongue:

Soxman219
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
That trickle you hear is the Minnesota Twins pitching staff pissing away this series.

Great game by Mark Buehrle, who is looking more and more like he's ready to join our other four starters and mow people down.

5-0 on the homestand. 18-9 at home on the season. 19-8 against the AL Central on the season.

:bandance:

turners56
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
OC padding his stats with menaingless hits again.:tongue:

All the batting averages are getting padded right now. Even Thome, Konerko, and especially Swisher. It's so great to see the guys that were slumping come back to form.

Alexei went 3-3 today with a walk, he's batting .280 now. Amazing.

sox1970
06-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Step on the gas, and don't look back...

Pear-Zin-Ski
06-07-2008, 09:17 PM
One hell of a preformance by the offense today...but let me be the first to say that Burhle actually had his **** striaght today too....

Crede with TWO THREE RUN jacks?!?!?!? Damnit I love this team!

SoxSpeed22
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Doing this to the Twins is always a good thing. Now let's do it two more times.

SoxGirl4Life
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM

Yup, I agree. Not a time to get content. We have to win this series tomorrow.

BoysMom3
^^I love this team too!!! So much!!!! I am so impressed by CQ and Alexei - they're killing me! Every day I can't wait for game time!:bandance::bandance:

FedEx227
Now if we can just see a few games like this on the road we'll be in very good shape, especially with Bonderman, Westbrook and Carmona down.

BringBackBlkJack
06-07-2008, 09:22 PM
This out of market fan was glad to be able to watch this gem.

Bring out the brooms!!

Madscout
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Pounding the Twins never gets old. And that's all I have to say about that.

turners56
06-07-2008, 09:24 PM
This out of market fan was glad to be able to watch this gem.

Bring out the brooms!!

We still have two more to go. I'll be satisfied with a series win, but a sweep would be amazing!

sox1970
06-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Alexei Ramirez is batting .280. That's unreal considering where he was. I suppose Greg Walker gets no credit though.

MCHSoxFan
06-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I've been living here for a while; but, I NEVER get tired of hearing those fireworks after home runs!

Joe Crede...Yes indeedie!!!

Mark Buehrle needed that run support in the worst way! Let's get them again tomorrow!!!

You go that right! I just got back from watching the fireworks with a guy who just got back from Iraq on 38th/Normal. Oh, by the way, PERFECT win White Sox! Do it again, and again, and again!!!

Hitmen77
06-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Exactly! Don't let up now.

Buehrle, Konerko, Swisher looking good tonight. The bullpen has gotten a decent amount of rest the last few nights after that 15 inning marathon.

:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

BringBackBlkJack
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
We still have two more to go. I'll be satisfied with a series win, but a sweep would be amazing!

Oops.. I forgot about the makeup game... but I stand by my statement! SWEEP!!! :D:

getonbckthr
06-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I went into this series hoping for a split now i'm greedy and want a sweep.

MCHSoxFan
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I went into this series hoping for a split now i'm greedy and want a sweep.

Oh Yeeesss!!!

rocky biddle
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Great game all around. Mark always seems to have better stuff with AJ behind the plate. That's just my own personal opinion. Please don't use stats to make me look foolish.

BTW- Wouldn't they technically have already taken the series, because the Monday game is a make-up date from another series? Or I am just overly complicating things for no reason?

MCHSoxFan
06-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Great game all around. Mark always seems to have better stuff with AJ behind the plate. That's just my own personal opinion. Please don't use stats to make me look foolish.

BTW- Wouldn't they technically have already taken the series, because the Monday game is a make-up date from another series? Or I am just overly complicating things for no reason?

I think you are right about the AJ/Mark thing. If I remember, Toby was behind the plate MOST if not ALL the time when Mark was pitching. Also, that is a good question. I am dying for the answer, too.

hawkjt
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Slowey has been tough but I think Perkins is hittable on monday.
Monster mash tonite again....probably a coincidence but after Ozzie went off on Sunday...they have pounded the ball and won 5 in a row.
I think it was just easier pitchers...Tampa pitchers are tough. Like toronto,oakland,and the angels...those 4 teams really throw the starters at you.

MB is 21-11 vs the twins...nice.
Joe is on fire...with the ball flying..that first homer he just reached down and touched it out of there. No effort. His second was a bomb...like Hawk says...it is between the ears..suddenly they can see the ball again.

Alexei is going to wally pipp Juan...to his credit I see juan being the good teammate in the dugout congratulating Alexei and being happy.
Good to see.
OC is also in the groove...
Go get them tomorrow.

voodoochile
06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Okay... Swisher with 3 hits including a double has now hit safely in at least 6 straight games. Thome 1/3 with a SF. Konerko with 2 more hits and those guys are the ones who are supposed to suck in our lineup. Ramirez is up to .280 - you hear that announcement, Juan? Your train is leaving...

Are we actually hitting our stride?

5-0 since Ozzie loses it. Who still wants him fired?

5 in a row, 9 games over, 4.5 up on second and 7.5 on the toons in third.

This is so cool...

:winner

:twinslose

:indianslose

:supernana:

:)

Edit:

:burly
"How could you forget me, Voodoo?"

Sorry, Mark, great job. You're still the team ace as far as I am concerneed.

Corlose 15
06-07-2008, 09:45 PM
You know what pleases me most about tonight's game?

NICK SWISHER HAD 3 HITS!:o:

rocky biddle
06-07-2008, 09:47 PM
And I forgot Konerko's triple. That was pretty awesome.

voodoochile
06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
And I forgot Konerko's triple. That was pretty awesome.

Yeah, how did that happen? I missed it.

RF dive and knock the ball into the RF corner and the 2B had to run it down? :tongue:

btrain929
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Just got back from the game....MERCY!

I was sitting in 533, so I had a great view of everything, and I really liked the Sox's approach at the plate. It seemed like every hitter scooted up and crowded the plate, daring Livan to throw it inside. With him not throwing hard at all, it's a great strategy. Balls middle-out skimming the outside corner now turn into meatballs. If he comes inside, you have time to turn on it. That's what I'm talking about Walker!

btrain929
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, how did that happen? I missed it.

RF dive and knock the ball into the RF corner and the 2B had to run it down? :tongue:

Again, I was in perfect seats to see that ball. Konerko's ball had wicked upper right hand english on it. It was going right towards Gomez for a routine lineout, then hooked down and to the left like KRod's slider, and Gomez had no shot.

manders_01
Sox are too awesome for words and so much fun to watch. I'm so glad I decided to stay home and watch instead of going to the Rockies game (even though they won too - 4 game win streak - next weekend's games might actually be fun instead of boring blowouts :D:) .

Keep it up Sox - we're behind you! :gulp:

Lip Man 1
Ramirez is pretty remarkable considering the adjustment to a new country, the language barrier and so forth.

He can be one of those "special" players in time.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I ask this again...Where are you, Timberwolf??? You're so silent right now!!! :D:

You'd be happy to know that you personally got under Timberwolf's skin so much that he has included you in his signature at Motownsports!

"Gardenhire threatens them before every game they play against the Sox that if they don't hit, they will all get a "knuckle meat sandwich" " -- turners56 on Minnesota's dominance on the White Sox.

Timberwolf got shot down for having that as his quote as well, as the Twins have NOT actually dominated us, despite many having that perception!

You go that right! I just got back from watching the fireworks with a guy who just got back from Iraq on 38th/Normal. Oh, by the way, PERFECT win White Sox! Do it again, and again, and again!!!

I can see the tops of the fireworks from my front room window. That grand finale was especially loud tonight!

cws05champ
06-07-2008, 10:23 PM
You know what pleases me most about tonight's game?

NICK SWISHER HAD 3 HITS!:o:

I think we may see the real Nick Swisher from now on. He hit the ball hard 4 times yesterday, he has three hits tonight. He's coming around with Konerko...man if these guys get locked in this month could be really special.

btrain929
06-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I think we may see the real Nick Swisher from now on. He hit the ball hard 4 times yesterday, he has three hits tonight. He's coming around with Konerko...man if these guys get locked in this month could be really special.

And you're right, this would be the month to do it with all the home games and the weather heating up. I'm not making a prediction or saying take it to the bank, but ending June with a 8-10 game lead in the division would be amazing. With injuries to DET and CLE's pitching, and the Twins just being mediocre at life, it's definitley doable if our offense can stay consistent.

NDSox12
06-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Great night all around. Definitely one of Buehrle's best starts this season. I was especially pleased at how he attacked hitters after the Sox took a big league. Crede had another ridiculous game... five home runs in the last four games. And finally, nice to see a multi-hit game (3) from Swisher.

No negatives tonight from me.

soxfan21
06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Great win tonite. Nice to see that the hits just kept on coming and we were getting guys over and in and also getting hits with RISP. Nice to see a pretty large crowd tonite even though it rained throughout the first half of the game. Just a great win and hopefully we can get another one tomorrow :D:.

DumpJerry
06-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Just got in from the game.

Fire Walker.

DFA Crede.

Tear this joint down Kenny and rebuild tomorrow for 2010.

:wesuck:

itsnotrequired
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
let the record show that i bought elephant a beer.

sig update time...

whitesox4eva
06-07-2008, 11:08 PM
what an amazing game just got back from it was sitting in 531 and that paulie triple was nuts XD. the sox are hot *knocks on wood*:):)

DumpJerry
06-07-2008, 11:12 PM
let the record show that i bought elephant a beer.
What is the significance of this? Was it prom night (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1911934&postcount=40) or something for him?

ChiSoxGirl
06-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I love it, cause TCQ is in a little slump right now and everyone else is finally hitting, and picking up the slack:bandance:

I was at the game tonight and scored it. TCQ was the only starter in the lineup who went hitless!

johnnyg83
06-07-2008, 11:42 PM
amazing how different i felt last sunday post-game'

great win, gents. it'll get scary if all the bats start to click.

itsnotrequired
06-07-2008, 11:45 PM
What is the significance of this? Was it prom night (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1911934&postcount=40) or something for him?

I'm running out of things to say after games.

Frankfan4life
06-08-2008, 12:03 AM
This game was an absolute JOY to watch. All our pitchers needed was a little more offense. Now they're getting googobs of offense and solid defense to boot. LOVE IT!!!!! :bandance:

HomeFish
06-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Not much more you can say after a game like that other than "wow".

The true test comes over the next two games: do the Sox have the killer instinct to keep going after the Twins hard and taking this series? The Twins can beat you in a million ways, the moment you give them a little oxygen they are all over you.

Stringer
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
I picked up a TCQ player shirt today at the game and my man lays nothing but goose eggs tonight

:(:

HomeFish
06-08-2008, 12:10 AM
And let me just say that as somebody who attended both the Jose Paniagua game and the game immediately after it that a 2-game lead in a 4-game series against the Twins means NOTHING to me.

Zisk77
06-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Fortunately for us Santana and Radke are not taking the mound against us (and when I say us I mean the Sox...not the cubs, homefish) the next 2 days.

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM

You have nothing to complain about tonight, huh, HomeFish? I bet it's killing ya! :wink:

JB98
06-08-2008, 12:35 AM
The job is not done. Let's kick their asses again tomorrow.

Rocky Soprano
06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
What an awesome game!
I ran into Brooks and I told him that if this team starts hitting and our pitching holds up, we are going to be a very scary team.

He said he was loving this series and Sox fans are in for some great games. He agreed, the Sox can become VERY scary!

Nellie_Fox
06-08-2008, 01:22 AM
And let me just say that as somebody who attended both the Jose Paniagua game and the game immediately after it that a 2-game lead in a 4-game series against the Twins means NOTHING to me.Of course it doesn't. :makefaces:

Rocky Soprano
06-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Why the **** is HomeFish even a member here?

peeonwrigley
06-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Good win, I enjoyed myself despite getting absolutely ****ing soaked during the first inning.

TheOldRoman
06-08-2008, 01:26 AM

The true test comes over the next two games: do the Sox have the killer instinct to keep going after the Twins hard and taking this series? The Twins can beat you in a million ways, the moment you give them a little oxygen they are all over you.Wait, I thought this game was an automatic loss?:rolling: The "Twins can win the next two" is pretty weak by your standards.

Great game tonight. Good to see Buehrle clicking and our slumping hitters getting going. Fire Walker.
Friday- stepped on their throats
Saturday - stomped down even further
Let's bury these ****ers the next two games.

peeonwrigley
06-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Why the **** is HomeFish even a member here?

I enjoy his posts.

:dunno:

Different fans, different perspectives. So be it.

Nellie_Fox
06-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Why the **** is HomeFish even a member here?For the amusement value?

Rocky Soprano
06-08-2008, 01:30 AM
For the amusement value?

I guess he amuses himself.

Lip Man 1
06-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Could HomeFish be Mariotti?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lip

thedudeabides
06-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Awesome win to see, This team is coming together in a good way. In my eyes, theres nothing better than killing the Twins this way. Let's keep it going.

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2008, 02:04 AM

Lip

He says his location is Cambridge, MA, so I doubt it. I highly doubt he even believes half of the things he posts.

Nellie_Fox
06-08-2008, 02:20 AM
I highly doubt he even believes half of the things he posts.:thumbsup:

HomeFish
06-08-2008, 02:23 AM
He says his location is Cambridge, MA, so I doubt it. I highly doubt he even believes half of the things he posts.

But if I were a mediot, I would naturally gravitate towards New England, wouldn't I? :o:

(Anyway, I'm in Chicago for the summer and should be less lazy about updating my location field)

chisoxfanatic
06-08-2008, 02:33 AM
But if I were a mediot, I would naturally gravitate towards New England, wouldn't I? :o:

(Anyway, I'm in Chicago for the summer and should be less lazy about updating my location field)

You have a point there; but, if you were TRULY The Windsock, you would've slipped something about being a hardcore Cubs fan at least once in all of your ramblings.

thedudeabides
06-08-2008, 02:39 AM

Lip

No, only because there hasn't been a post yet about Uncle Jerry being the devil himself.

harwar
06-08-2008, 05:24 AM
OC padding his stats with meaningless hits again.:tongue:
This is the guy that i was so excited about coming to the White Sox.
Fluid in the field,tough at the plate,and smart on the bases.
I guess his period of adjustment has come to an end.
Welcome aboard Orlando.

Railsplitter
06-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Three different win streaks of five games or more

:supernana: = :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:
:notwinks:

GlassSox
06-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Ramirez is going to be hard to get out of the lineup. Uribe won't be seeing much action anymore. Ramirez has really earned the starting position.

I agree, Uribe could be the designated shaving creme guy so he has something to do to earn his bucks.

GlassSox
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Went to the game last night on the southbound Red Line and wouldn't you know it, there's a guy in a like new blue Cubs t-shirt on the train. As we came through the CTA exit gates a cop grabbed him out of the crowd for coming off the train with an open can of beer. The cop was writing tickets as we walked away laughing. I knew immediately that it was going to be a great night at the cell.

The team really performed great. We were in 354 with a great view of Crede's 2nd home run hitting the pole. Buerhle looked great.

Let's sweep.

balke
06-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Its really the best situation possible with Ramirez turning it around. The Sox are looking real deep right now. Depth is going to lead to great things.

thedudeabides
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Its really the best situation possible with Ramirez turning it around. The Sox are looking real deep right now. Depth is going to lead to great things.

Yeah but, ESPN said the Sox can't keep this up because their team isn't deep and whenever they get a major injury they'll fall apart.

Please note: ESPN baseball analysts are always right.

johnnyg83
06-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah but, ESPN said the Sox can't keep this up because their team isn't deep and whenever they get a major injury they'll fall apart.

Jeff Brantley was always right. I miss his insight. (teal)

Lip Man 1
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Scott Reifert in his blog brings up some interesting points in the way Van Dyke wrote his recap story for the Tribune.

In my opinion Scott has some valid points.

Lip

balke
06-08-2008, 02:58 PM

There's no studs waiting in the wings to snatch away jobs from starters, but there are a lot of players on the team right now who can play multiple positions. I'll take Uribe/Ozuna/Anderson over Cintron/Gonzalez/Mackowiak as our Utility/backup guys any day of the week. The Sox are looking good to me with depth in terms of having a backup plan for just about every position that won't destroy the team.