PDA

View Full Version : PNC Park

INSox56
06-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Well guys, I just attended my first game since moving to Pittsburgh and I've gotta say, I love the Cell, but my god PNC is amazing. I know it's been said before, but I just wanted to further iterate how incredible this park is!

It's a crying shame that all those top picks the Pirates get for sucking so badly for so long go to waste and this team isn't better. Their pitching is pathetic (100 + pitches for ~4 innings for Snell last night???). Oh well...either way, PNC is amazing and hopefully they can get a better team in the future to get the crowd a bit more excited.

LITTLE NELL
06-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Im sort of a stadium junkie and from everything Ive read, PNC is probably the #1 baseball park in MLB. Its too bad that the Pirates are on their way to 16 straight losing seasons.

ComiskeyBrewer
06-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Im sort of a stadium junkie and from everything Ive read, PNC is probably the #1 baseball park in MLB. Its too bad that the Pirates are on their way to 16 straight losing seasons.

I donno, they might have a shot at .500. They are only 3 games under right now(good for last place in that horrible NL Central.). They have played very well against everybody but the cubs(2-9 i think). If they can keep this kind of production, i could see them finishing with 82 wins.

WagMan
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM

Having been to PNC, I rank it #2. AT&T in San Fransisco is still my #1. I know there've been countless stadium ranking threads, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in since I've had the pleasure of being at both.

NDSox12
06-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Having been to PNC, I rank it #2. AT&T in San Fransisco is still my #1. I know there've been countless stadium ranking threads, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in since I've had the pleasure of being at both.

Your top two choices are the same as mine. I don't like to rank all the parks, but if someone asks me to name my favorites, those are the first two I mention every time.

MisterB
06-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Well guys, I just attended my first game since moving to Pittsburgh and I've gotta say, I love the Cell, but my god PNC is amazing. I know it's been said before, but I just wanted to further iterate how incredible this park is!

It's a crying shame that all those top picks the Pirates get for sucking so badly for so long go to waste and this team isn't better. Their pitching is pathetic (100 + pitches for ~4 innings for Snell last night???). Oh well...either way, PNC is amazing and hopefully they can get a better team in the future to get the crowd a bit more excited.

Reminds me of the article from The Onion about PNC Park threatening to move to another city if Pittsburgh doesn't build a better team.

PKalltheway
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
PNC is simply an outstanding park. If you're looking for a new ballpark to go to, that is the one to go to.

LongLiveFisk
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
PNC is definitely a beautiful ballpark. I went back in '02 and plan to return again (hopefully the next time the Sox are out there). :thumbsup:

Southsider101
06-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Walking across the Clemente Bridge from DT just enhances an already wonderful ballpark experience. There's something to be said for parks built on the shoreline of a major waterway. Pittsburgh really did it right this time.

Parrothead
06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
PNC is definitely a beautiful ballpark. I went back in '02 and plan to return again (hopefully the next time the Sox are out there). :thumbsup:

Why wait until then I think the Sox play them every year now. At least it seems that way.

lukeman89
06-08-2008, 07:38 PM
went to PNC for father's day last year when the sox played the bucs. loved the park, they did some funny soprano's spoof with their Pirogies that can be seen here http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5yN_R5I7dE

Jerome
06-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Reminds me of the article from The Onion about PNC Park threatening to move to another city if Pittsburgh doesn't build a better team.

:tongue: i remember this

chisoxmike
06-08-2008, 08:49 PM
PNC is amazing. That and AT&T are my favorite parks in baseball.