PDA

View Full Version : What is MacDougal's future here?

soxinem1
06-07-2008, 09:52 AM
With Loaiza coming back, I'm wondering what MacDougal's future is in this organization? It's not every day that you have a player making $2-3 million sitting in AAA.

He may have struggled the past year, but he should have gotten the first shot to come back if they sent Wasserman out, not a guy cut by a team dying for pitching.

Tragg
06-07-2008, 10:08 AM
With Loaiza coming back, I'm wondering what MacDougal's future is in this organization? It's not every day that you have a player making $2-3 million sitting in AAA.

He may have struggled the past year, but he should have gotten the first shot to come back if they sent Wasserman out, not a guy cut by a team dying for pitching.
He got the first shot - he went to AAA to work out his issues and he pitched worse. His salary is a sunk cost - shouldn't be relevant in a decision.
what team is "dying for pitching"?

whitesox901
06-07-2008, 10:13 AM
i have faith, maybe by september when we have callups, he'll be selling hotdogs at the cell

Jjav829
06-07-2008, 11:38 AM
He has none.

doublem23
06-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Uh, MacDougal was on the Opening Day roster and he stunk up the place. I'd rather have his $2-3 million sitting in AAA than igniting our bullpen. And we have the best ERA in baseball, so I'm sure we're exactly hurting for pitching.

**** MacDougal. Let him rot in Charlotte just in case we have a rash of injuries and desperately need an arm, but if I never see him on the Sox again, I'll somehow survive.

SaltyPretzel
06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I guess LA. Anyways:
:whocares

GlassSox
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Uh, MacDougal was on the Opening Day roster and he stunk up the place. I'd rather have his $2-3 million sitting in AAA than igniting our bullpen. And we have the best ERA in baseball, so I'm sure we're exactly hurting for pitching.

**** MacDougal. Let him rot in Charlotte just in case we have a rash of injuries and desperately need an arm, but if I never see him on the Sox again, I'll somehow survive.

I agree and I'll be happy to never see MacDoodle again.

JB98
06-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I agree and I'll be happy to never see MacDoodle again.

I'm also in the club that never wants to see MacDougal in a Sox uniform again. I hate pitchers who cannot throw strikes.

I'd rather see Loaiza give up a two-run HR with a six-run lead than watch MacDougal walk the bases loaded with a six-run lead. If a guy gets beat throwing strikes, I don't like it of course, but I can live with the results.

Lip Man 1
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Slim and none

Lip

Chicken Dinner
06-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Trade bait.

QCIASOXFAN
06-07-2008, 01:48 PM
He's a good buy low guy.

SoxGirl4Life
06-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Mike MacDougal gives me hives. If it costs $2-3 million to ensure he never, EVER pitches for the White Sox again, its money well spent.

white sox bill
06-07-2008, 02:31 PM
He's gotta be the wealthiest player in AAA. I hope he's taking some of those younger kids out to eat every so often!

BeeBeeRichard
06-07-2008, 03:12 PM
He's gotta be the wealthiest player in AAA. I hope he's taking some of those younger kids out to eat every so often!

How could he do that? Even if he can find the restaurant, there's no way he'll find the plate.:tongue:

FedEx227
06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
How could he do that? Even if he can find the restaurant, there's no way he'll find the plate.:tongue:

HEY-OH!

thomas35forever
06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Anyone want to pitch in and contribute to the "Buy Out MacDougal's Contract So The Sox Can Release Him" Fund?

kevin57
06-07-2008, 06:20 PM
For a couple of years people have hoped, cheered, and argued that Mac is a great reliever with a track record and a potential worth hoping for.

I say "Dream on." Not going to happen. For whatever reason he lost it a long time ago. Forget him. hey-hey-good-bye!

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Most teams in MLB who aren't the White Sox. It is great to be confident in EVERYONE in our pitching staff. KW did a great job in stocking that staff, and Coop does a wonderful job keeping them sharp.

BoysMom3
06-07-2008, 09:07 PM

OH! Ouch!! But I agree! Funny, I just said to my husband tonight that I'm so glad we don't have to worry about McDougal coming in to the games anymore because I just wanted to cry every time! I feel bad saying that - and I hope he can do well somewhere else. But not here! Ever. Again!

slavko
06-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Betcha Loaiza doesn't last the season from what I saw 6/6. MacDougal throws some nasty s-word. Some day, somewhere, the light bulb's going to go on for him. It still might be here. Right now, it's mighty dim, but never say never.

btrain929
06-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Trade bait.

Exactly. Let some team watch video of his glory days and have the pitching coach tell their GM "I can fix this guy. I say take a chance on him."

btrain929
06-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Betcha Loaiza doesn't last the season from what I saw 6/6. MacDougal throws some nasty s-word. Some day, somewhere, the light bulb's going to go on for him. It still might be here. Right now, it's mighty dim, but never say never.

If it doesn't go on for him, what's next, Birmingham? (half teal)

slavko
06-07-2008, 11:27 PM
If it doesn't go on for him, what's next, Birmingham? (half teal)

The checkout counter at a local 7-11.

btrain929
06-07-2008, 11:31 PM
The checkout counter at a local 7-11.

Him and his scruffy beard and always looking like he's been up for 72 hours straight can totally play the part.