PDA

View Full Version : Chimp and Joe C talk nice about Sox

MarqSox
05-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Chimp was saying how the Sox are one of the more explosive teams in baseball and how they have a great homefield advantage this year with a 12-3 record at Comiskey. He said Lofton is one of the great surprises in the league this year. They also noted that the teams are reversed this year in the sense that last year, expectations for the Sox were high and low for the Cubs, yet the Sox stumbled and the Cubs were good, and that this year it's the opposite.

Just thought I'd point it out in the interest of fairness, since we'd jump all over them if they said something bad.

WinningUgly!
05-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Chimp was saying how the Sox are one of the more explosive teams in baseball and how they have a great homefield advantage this year with a 12-3 record at Comiskey. He said Lofton is one of the great surprises in the league this year. They also noted that the teams are reversed this year in the sense that last year, expectations for the Sox were high and low for the Cubs, yet the Sox stumbled and the Cubs were good, and that this year it's the opposite.

Just thought I'd point it out in the interest of fairness, since we'd jump all over them if they said something bad.

I heard that too! Chimp must have found a few of the bottles Grand Dad left behind. :gulp:

FarWestChicago
05-05-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Just thought I'd point it out in the interest of fairness, since we'd jump all over them if they said something bad. One problem. What's this "reversed" crap? Only complete dumbasses didn't think the Sox had a shot at the AL Central this year and expected the Flubs to contend for the NL Central.

WinningUgly!
05-05-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
One problem. What's this "reversed" crap? Only complete dumbasses didn't think the Sox had a shot at the AL Central this year and expected the Flubs to contend for the NL Central.
:chimp http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=456
"Who you calling a dumbass?"

Bmr31
05-05-2002, 01:31 AM
One problem. What's this "reversed" crap? Only complete dumbasses didn't think the Sox had a shot at the AL Central this year and expected the Flubs to contend for the NL Central.

THAT, i could not have said better, lol.

RedPinStripes
05-05-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

:chimp http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=456
"Who you calling a dumbass?"

*****!!!!! Good one WU. :gulp:

Chisox353014
05-05-2002, 12:27 PM
This morning on ESPN 1000 the hosts were playing a new Joe Carter quote. The quote was something like:

:carter
"The rally haps, rally hats are in full fledge!"

They were trying to figure out what exactly he was trying to say.

Tragg
05-05-2002, 01:30 PM

My reaction as well. The Sox were the consensus pick to win the Central.
Although the Cubs were expected to finish a respectable (for them) third in the central, it certainly can't come as much of surprise that a team with only 2 above average players (sosa and lieber) fights with the brewers for cellar honors.