PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard messages

Law11
06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I just placed an order online for a message for my daughters first game later this month. Has anyone else ever done one of these? Just wondering if you are contacted as to when it will be on the board or if I'm gonna have to be checking the board every few minutes..

oeo
06-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I just placed an order online for a message for my daughters first game later this month. Has anyone else ever done one of these? Just wondering if you are contacted as to when it will be on the board or if I'm gonna have to be checking the board every few minutes..

Yes, they'll tell you what inning it will be going up. You still have to wait and watch then, though.

doublem23
06-06-2008, 01:24 PM

Haven't done a scoreboard message since 2000, but they told us when to look.

Law11
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks all. I guess I'll keep an eye on my email for the inning.

ondafarm
06-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Please no proposing by Scoreboard.

OTOH, I'm waiting for the first divorce notification by scoreboard.

Law11
06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Please no proposing by Scoreboard.

OTOH, I'm waiting for the first divorce notification by scoreboard.

Its for my daughter's first game. I want to make sure I get a picture of it.
Im in a suite above the visitor dugout so i should have a great view of it.

ondafarm
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Sorry, not meaning to demean your daughter's first game. This is a special event for her and for you. Scoreboard notification is perfectly appropriate for you.

I also believe that proposing is a special event but I think proposing via scoreboard has been way overdone and is now banal.

soxgirl617
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I also believe that proposing is a special event but I think proposing via scoreboard has been way overdone and is now banal.

I agree 100%. I am a huge baseball fan, but if anyone proposed to me via scoreboard that would be an automatic "no".

It's Dankerific
06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I agree 100%. I am a huge baseball fan, but if anyone proposed to me via scoreboard that would be an automatic "no".

Holy ****.. Good to know... =)

tebman
06-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't the Sox provide a picture of the board with your message on it? They used to -- I organized a group outing years back and part of the deal was that I got a 8"x10" picture of the board (in the old park) with our group's name on there.

You might call the person you talked to in the Sox office and ask.

steff
06-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Doesn't a pic come with it anymore? The few that Jim did for me I got pics mailed to me of them a week or so later.

steff
06-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't the Sox provide a picture of the board with your message on it? They used to -- I organized a group outing years back and part of the deal was that I got a 8"x10" picture of the board (in the old park) with our group's name on there.

You might call the person you talked to in the Sox office and ask.

^ That. :D:

Law11
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Doesn't a pic come with it anymore? The few that Jim did for me I got pics mailed to me of them a week or so later.

Its $15 bucks a print.. add on to the 55 for the message.
i'll take my chances and get the pic from the box I'll be in.

beasly213
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Plus the photo they give you isn't the actual one that is shown during the game. Just make sure you pay attention and don't miss it!

steff
06-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Its $15 bucks a print.. add on to the 55 for the message.
i'll take my chances and get the pic from the box I'll be in.

Yikes!! :o: Used to be free.

johnr1note
06-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Plus the photo they give you isn't the actual one that is shown during the game. Just make sure you pay attention and don't miss it!

IIRC, back at the old park, the pciture/"photo" you got was a print out of the screen stuck in a cardboard frame that looked like the scoreboard. It wasn't really that big a deal.

ondafarm
06-06-2008, 05:23 PM

Good to know.

comet2k
06-06-2008, 05:54 PM

Even if it was from Carlos Quentin? :D:

tebman
06-06-2008, 07:32 PM
IIRC, back at the old park, the pciture/"photo" you got was a print out of the screen stuck in a cardboard frame that looked like the scoreboard. It wasn't really that big a deal.

No, the one I got was a real 8"x10" BW glossy of the scoreboard. This was over 25 years ago and it was still Veeck's original board before it was replaced, so a lot of procedures have probably come and gone since then. Maybe there was no charge because I organized a group of about 50 people.

But jeez, $55 for a message and then another $15 for a picture of it? :?:

Sam Spade
06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
My mom will have a scoreboard message tomorrow. :D

"Happy 50th."

WS in 05
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM

Setting the bar pretty high for a first game. Suite and a scoreboard message.

HomeFish
06-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Setting the bar pretty high for a first game. Suite and a scoreboard message.

When I was at Game 1 of the 2005 World Series, I met a guy who claimed that it was the first game he's taken his toddler son to. "What's gonna be his first football game, the Superbowl?" some guy heckled. Maybe it was.