PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy's Last Stand?

Unregistered
05-04-2002, 11:15 PM
From the Cubune:

Jim Parque's historic appearance in a White Sox uniform last Thursday night might have been his last.

Parque was sent down to Triple-A Charlotte after giving up the final three home runs of Mike Cameron's record-tying four-homer game, and the chances of him returning to the Sox this season appear slim.

Opposing batters hit .342 against Parque in his one-week stint with the Sox, and he gave up six home runs to the 41 batters he faced, an average of one for every 6.8 at-bats. Parque became the first relief pitcher in history to give up three home runs to one player in that player's four-homer game.

Parque lost one game for the Sox in Oakland last weekend. Considering Parque wasn't pitching effectively in Charlotte before his call-up, was it a mistake for the Sox to bring him up in the first place?

"It was something where we felt he could help us at that time," manager Jerry Manuel said. "It just didn't work out."

Parque earns $2 million, which may be one reason they rushed him back to the big leagues to replace Lorenzo Barcelo. It's no secret Sox management was upset with Parque for complaining about his status in Charlotte, but Parque's ineffectiveness proved they were right about one thing: He didn't belong in the majors.

Now the 26-year-old left-hander is probably pitching for a chance to prove himself with another organization. It's not likely the Sox will tender him a contract next winter if they can't deal him this summer.

WinningUgly!
05-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Asta la bye bye! :D:

Soxheads
05-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Dear God please let it be his last stand! I would much rather see another West or Ulacia pitching.

GASHWOUND
05-04-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Asta la bye bye! :D:

Ahh, you won't miss Butter?? Hey, just remember that game he pitched for us in the playoffs in '2000. That's what I'll rememeber about him when he's out a here. Also he was the ring leader of the famous '2000 Sox VS Tigers fight when he plunked Palmer. The memories, I will miss the little pit bull.
Good knowing you parque :gulp:

Jjav829
05-04-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Dear God please let it be his last stand! I would much rather see another West or Ulacia pitching.

I'd rather see FarWest pitching! :D:

FarWestChicago
05-04-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I'd rather see FarWest pitching! :D: LMAO!! :)

WinningUgly!
05-04-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I'd rather see FarWest pitching! :D:

Maybe as our mop-up boy. :D:

RedPinStripes
05-05-2002, 02:36 AM
"It was something where we felt he could help us at that time," manager Jerry Manuel said. "It just didn't work out."

Now that is the biggest bunch of **** i've heard in a while.

34 Inch Stick
05-06-2002, 03:32 PM
There will always be a 12th spot for a lefthanded pitcher on someone's staff. I would think Chairman Jerry would love to sign him for a lowball offer next year.