PDA

View Full Version : west coast games

rwcescato
06-06-2008, 03:23 AM
I am a trib subscriber from birth so please excuse me. This is one thing I did notice. When the Sox were on the west coast every game was a late game delivered to the house. But now that the flubs are on the west coast every game final is in the paper that is delivered to my house. Maybe i am paranoid but there sure seems to be a conspiracy here. Considering that one Sox game finished at 11:30 and was still a late game. But overall who cares because the teams fan base that will be disappointed will be the flubs. I cant believe that they dont have a magic number yet. I am sure the WS tickets are printed already. it should be a fun crosstown classic this year.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich:)

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2008, 07:53 AM
It's not a conspiracy. It's just good business on the Tribune's part to promote "synergy" among their various assets.

The "moat" to which George Knue refers (that supposedly separates business from editorial operations) is really just the hallway with the restrooms and the drinking fountain.

skottyj242
06-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Wednesday night's Cubs game ended before the Sox game and they both were in the paper. No big deal.

champagne030
06-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I am a trib subscriber from birth so please excuse me. This is one thing I did notice. When the Sox were on the west coast every game was a late game delivered to the house. But now that the flubs are on the west coast every game final is in the paper that is delivered to my house. Maybe i am paranoid but there sure seems to be a conspiracy here. Considering that one Sox game finished at 11:30 and was still a late game. But overall who cares because the teams fan base that will be disappointed will be the flubs. I cant believe that they dont have a magic number yet. I am sure the WS tickets are printed already. it should be a fun crosstown classic this year.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rich:)

It's not going to go away anytime soon. The Flubs plan on retaining a minority interest in the team after they sell.

Iwritecode
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
It's not going to go away anytime soon. The Flubs plan on retaining a minority interest in the team after they sell.

:scratch:

skottyj242
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2008/06/479981/catmelon.jpg

champagne030
06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
:scratch:

:redface: I meant to write the Tribune Company is going to retain partial ownership.

soxpride724
06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
:redface: I meant to write the Tribune Company is going to retain partial ownership.

Well that's a ****in surprise! Just when I thought things might change for the better. I'm sure WGN will still be breast feeding everyone with north side baseball.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
WGN TV and radio both have long term contracts to do Cub games that were signed even before the sale was announced.

Lip