PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks?

FoulTerritory
06-06-2008, 12:02 AM
I noticed watching on TV tonight that there were no fireworks after the Thome homer, nor at the end of the game. Any idea of why this is? Just curious.

Man, w/o the organ (the na na hey hey song), AND no fireworks it just didn't sound at all like a sox game at the cell should after a homerun.

itsnotrequired
:chopper

"Loude noises hurt (hurted) my ears."

IlliniSox4Life
It was Dog day and there were ~600 dogs in attendance. They don't shoot off the fireworks because they can scare dogs.

chisoxmike
06-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Because it dog day.

GregO23
06-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Also Gene Honda wasnt the announcer at the game today :scratch:

FoulTerritory
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Ah . . . totally forgot it was dog day. My bad.

HomeFish
As DJ explained, "a lot of fans at the ballpark tonight might suddenly find their laps wet if the fireworks went off".

itsnotrequired

he is a big dog hater

HomeFish

Yes, what was up with this.

GregO23
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
he is a big dog hater
Funny because I didnt have an encounter with a dog all game. I got free tickets to sit in sec 550, but my friend is a secruity guard so he let me go down and i sat behind the plate. The Dogs were only in the bleechers right? I didnt even know it was dog day til like the 3rd inning lol

itsnotrequired
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Funny because I didnt have an encounter with a dog all game. I got free tickets to sit in sec 550, but my friend is a secruity guard so he let me go down and i sat behind the plate. The Dogs were only in the bleechers right? I didnt even know it was dog day til like the 3rd inning lol

i'm actually a dog

BainesHOF
06-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I'll do my annual Dog Day rant now...

20,000-plus people should not be denied fireworks at the park to accomodate people who strangely feel the need to bring their dog to a ballgame. I like dogs. They just don't belong at a ballgame.

I'm sure there was a lot of kids at tonight's game who were looking forward to fireworks.

itsnotrequired
06-06-2008, 12:11 AM

20,000-plus people should not be denied fireworks at the park to accomodate people who strangely feel the need to bring their dog to a ballgame. I like dogs. They just don't belong at a ballgame.

I'm sure there was a lot of kids at tonight's game who were looking forward to fireworks.

:rolleyes:

kninchicago
06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
i'm actually a dog

Did you sacrifice yourself as planned to shake things up a bit? :scratch:

IlliniSox4Life
06-06-2008, 12:16 AM

It's not like it's a whole fireworks show. They set of a couple of them after homeruns, and a few more if we win.

If they were really that desperate to see fireworks, they would have bought tickets to a fireworks night instead.

chisoxmike
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM

Agreed. What's next? Restaurants allowing dogs in their outdoor dining areas? Oh wait...

itsnotrequired
06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
If they were really that desperate to see fireworks, they would have bought tickets to a fireworks night instead.

Or gone to Krazy Kaplan and bought their own.

Anyone bummed out by this should be flogged.

Scottiehaswheels
06-06-2008, 12:25 AM
i'm actually a dogSo previously when you said you were fourteen.. You're still just a pup? or was that human years vs. dog years? :redneck

FoulTerritory
06-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Or gone to Krazy Kaplan and bought their own.

Anyone bummed out by this should be flogged.

I started this thread, and just for the record, I am not opposed to dog day, nor am I opposed to not having fireworks for that game.

I clarify this because, frankly, I do not want to get flogged.

Elephant
06-06-2008, 12:30 AM

The White Sox org thought it was a good idea to designate this particular day for dogs, and the next two for adults who are still fascinated with fireworks. You weren't denied ****.

I've been to dog day a few times by chance and I wasn't even aware until finding out later. That shows you how much of a problem they are--not to mention the fact that they've been doing it for years.

hi im skot
06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Dogs are people, too.

kninchicago
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I can't imagine there's a big crew of people who go specifically for the fireworks, considering there's many many better fireworks shows in the city during the summer.

Hitmen77

I heard he felt it wasn't even worth while to show up because we're certain to get throttled by the Twins this weekend.

Elephant
I like dogs better than people because dogs never steal credit cards and backstab ppl! They just wag their tales instead!

Dogs also dont cause nuclear war. You can't hug your children with nuclear arms.

Scottiehaswheels
06-06-2008, 12:36 AM
I like dogs better than people because dogs never steal credit cards and backstab ppl! They just wag their tales instead!

Dogs also dont cause nuclear war. You can't hug your children with nuclear arms.I like nuclear war better than people and dogs. :shrug:

EuroSox35
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
my neighbor is all licking his dogs and picking up all their crap , what a sack of **** he is!

chitown13
06-06-2008, 12:39 AM

This is Bull****. I enjoyed myself completely tonight out in the bleachers meeting many dogs. Heck, my kids like the dogs better the fireworks anyways! I think its a great idea as its a great ice breaker to meet fellow SOX fans.

kninchicago
06-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Plus, if you're taking a child to a ball game, and you know that child's excited for the fireworks, wouldn't you just take them to one of the many fireworks nights?

itsnotrequired
06-06-2008, 12:47 AM
So previously when you said you were fourteen.. You're still just a pup? or was that human years vs. dog years? :redneck

I bend space and time at my will.

I can't imagine there's a big crew of people who go specifically for the fireworks, considering there's many many better fireworks shows in the city during the summer.

The should have Wave night where everyone does the Wave and then given a laptop with which to bitch on WSI.

my neighbor is all licking his dogs and picking up all their crap , what a sack of **** he is!

I've always hated that guy.

manders_01
06-06-2008, 12:49 AM
The should have Wave night where everyone does the Wave and then given a laptop with which to bitch on WSI.

:rolling: OMG that made laugh so hard I almost wet myself!!!

itsnotrequired
06-06-2008, 12:51 AM

Most of my posts are made from the comfort of the tub.

*doeswavewhilethrowingbows*

kninchicago
06-06-2008, 12:55 AM

seconded!

TDog
06-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Maybe the lack of home run fireworks inspired the boys to score their first five runs tonight the old fashioned way.

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Dog Night is a bitch.

In fairness, they could have a Cat Night.

Or "Bring Your Goldfish to the Cell" Night or "Parakeet Night" or "Rooster Day."

I'd suggest "Pet Rock" night, but they might become projectiles.

Viva Medias B's
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM

Did he have to do a WTTW pledge drive?

whitesox901
06-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Also Gene Honda wasnt the announcer at the game today

He's actually the anti-christ, dogs know this stuff

bigsoxfan420
06-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Everyone knows that Gene Honda's voice drives dogs crazy.

skottyj242
06-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Dog Night is a bitch.

Were you at the game? Did a dog bite you? Did a dog pee on you?

whitesox901
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM

I think its a play on words, female dog = bitch. but what do I know, Im just a white kid from the Ohio Suburbs:smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-06-2008, 11:22 AM

http://homeschooljourney.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/soap-box.jpg

Dogs get scared with fireworks, when scared most dogs tend to urinate. You don't want a section of the ballpark to smell like Wrigley Field. Sorry there were no fireworks to enhance the enjoyment of a Thome blast but if you go to plenty of games this year the odds are good that you'll see fireworks again.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06pJfE38RtfpV/340x.jpg

Frater Perdurabo
06-06-2008, 02:40 PM

No.

I think its a play on words, female dog = bitch. but what do I know, Im just a white kid from the Ohio Suburbs:smile:

Yes.

:)

MCHSoxFan
06-06-2008, 02:46 PM

I'm sure there was a lot of kids at tonight's game who were looking forward
to fireworks.

Thank you! This was the ONLY game my brother could go to due to work and he could NOT go to another game the entire season. He was mad when he found out it was Dog Day and that means NO fireworks. I really do not see the point to someone(s) brining a dog to a game.

The Dude
06-06-2008, 02:48 PM

Well....I did wet myself. :redface:

The Dude
06-06-2008, 02:49 PM

I thought I saw you bite Jose after the tailgate. :scratch:

Cat Thief
06-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Thank you! This was the ONLY game my brother could go to due to work and he could NOT go to another game the entire season. He was mad when he found out it was Dog Day and that means NO fireworks. I really do not see the point to someone(s) brining a dog to a game.

Does he live with you?

comet2k
06-06-2008, 03:08 PM

And I'm sure a lot of kids who attend games when no one on the Sox hits a home run still have a good time.

Scottiehaswheels
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Also Gene Honda wasnt the announcer at the game today :scratch:I saw some of the Olympic bid video and saw him congratulating someone on stage so that may have been where he was yesterday?

HomeFish
06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Perhaps his booming voice also scares the dogs.